Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steps to follow after Migration
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Steps to follow after Migration

Hello.
Am planing to move to other server and ill migrate my account.
I have installed WHMCS in one of the websites so the question is what steps should I follow when I migrate it?
Should I only change the server ip in whmcs? Should I create again the packages in WHM?
Please help me on this.

Thank you!

Comments

• What plugin is whmcs using, cPanel, SolusVM?

To transfer WHMCS itself you just have to copy everything over, check permissions on the whmcsdata directory and change the paths in configuration.php.

• Yes its cpanel.

• wychwych Member
    edited November 2014

Why not use the cpanel migrate feature, copy the packages and then re-configure whmcs config on the new box via filemanager/ftp or whatever.

You may also want to put WHMCS in maintenance mode during the migration period.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

you also have to update the license for WHMCS with WHMCS.
    If you bought it via a reseller then contact the reseller.

• Ok.
    The WHM packages with me also migrated when I migreate the accounts? Or I should do it separate?

• @BuyAds said:
    Ok.
    The WHM packages with me also migrated when I migreate the accounts? Or I should do it separate?

When you transfer an account, the package name it's using is normally transferred also.