Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

owncloud vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

owncloud vps

shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
edited November 2014 in Requests

Need something with quality, capacity, and price comparable to securedragon backup vps series but they terminate apache and mysql so it won't work.

No public file sharing, just for my use only.

50-100gb storage and 128-256mb RAM and ~$5

Thanks!

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Might help if you put the actual specs and budget you need :)

Thanked by 1shovenose
  • matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

VPSDime storage. I host my owncloud there and it works perfectly.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Don't want any Nodisto IT brand sorry.

• XenStorage could do something for you. :)

• GIANT_CRABGIANT_CRAB Member
    edited November 2014

Cloudshards have 250GB and 500GB storage plans and are quite great! :)

• I have mine currently on a 256 MB vps and runs fine. @DrServer did have some really nice storage offers.

Thanked by 1drserver
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

said: Need something with quality, capacity, and price comparable to securedragon backup vps series but they terminate apache and mysql so it won't work.

BuyVM Storage. It's KVM and you can run anything you want. In fact, it's identical policy-wise to their regular KVM, it just comes with a ton more disk and different price.

edited November 2014

@raindog308 said:
    BuyVM Storage. It's KVM and you can run anything you want. In fact, it's identical policy-wise to their regular KVM, it just comes with a ton more disk and different price.

BuyVM is out, sorry! XenStorage sounds great I just don't need quite that much... Have been with Cloudshards before and they are fine... I guess I will have to decide!

• @shovenose said:
    BuyVM is out, sorry! XenStorage sounds great I just don't need quite that much... Have been with Cloudshards before and they are fine... I guess I will have to decide!

If you don't mind committing to a year, https://drserver.net/drbill/?cmd=cart&action=add&id=145 is within your budget and meet your requirements.

• @drserver has a storage lineup I believe?

Thanked by 1drserver
  • Is OpenVZ fine? Also do you need a dedicated IP or is NAT v4 with v6 address okay?

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

Could you have a look and tell me if it meets your expectations ?

http://www.ikeepincloud.com/en

• Cloudshards have decent pricing on storage VMs..

• +1 for CloudShards, my ownCloud was with them for a year and was rock-solid. I only moved away because I got one of the super-cheap Kimsufi's from a couple of years back.

• Crissic? 15$/yr for 2TB bw, 100GB HDD, 512MB RAM.

• +1 for Crissic.

Also Ramnode's 80GB 128MB box for $15/yr.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Brad said:
    If you don't mind committing to a year, https://drserver.net/drbill/?cmd=cart&action=add&id=145 is within your budget and meet your requirements.

^ This. It's nothing fancy. The DrServer guys are just crazy cool, the kind of people you want to give money to.

Thanked by 2Brad netomx

Ok, went with drserver, thanks all!

Thanked by 1drserver

Took me a while to pay because I forgot my PayPal password but hopefully my VPS will be online soon!

• INIZ, $20.04 Yearly, 256M, 100G HDD, 500G Monthly bandwidth.
    This may be suitable for you.

@8QE said:
    INIZ, $20.04 Yearly, 256M, 100G HDD, 500G Monthly bandwidth.
    This may be suitable for you.

Thanks! But I already found a VPS.

• @shovenose - if you get a few minutes do me a favour? See if you can webdav files to it at a reliable speed?

• Checkout PulseHeberg too.

• I believe you found one already, but I'll post this anyways for anyone else interested in similar specs. SharkNode will do 100GB space + 512MB RAM for only $4/month.

@shovenose said:
    Need something with quality, capacity, and price comparable to securedragon backup vps series but they terminate apache and mysql so it won't work.

No public file sharing, just for my use only.

50-100gb storage and 128-256mb RAM and ~$5

Thanks!

@krs360 said:
    shovenose - if you get a few minutes do me a favour? See if you can webdav files to it at a reliable speed?

Will do, once I get Webdav working

Any solution?

• socialssocials Member
    edited November 2014

Tried that, got a different error, rebooted, back to same error.
    It's worth noting I have Windows Firewall disabled on my computer.

So, I got rid of iptables on the server and it tries to connect now, however it doesn't seem to think the username/password are correct because it just keeps asking for them. Thoughts?

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@shovenose said:
    So, I got rid of iptables on the server and it tries to connect now, however it doesn't seem to think the username/password are correct because it just keeps asking for them. Thoughts?

Last time I got this problem, I follow this web post, and everything works. Are you sure webdav is working fine on your server? Did you try https and http?