Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

123systems Change of Ownership
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

123systems Change of Ownership

0xdragon0xdragon Member
edited November 2014 in Providers

Velocity Servers Network Exchange (VSNX), a New York based datacenter operator, has acquired the assets of 123Systems effective November 1st, 2014. VSNX has been in business for ten years and brings with it a nationwide footprint of datacenters and expertise, which will be utilized to improve and reconfigure the 123Systems business.

123Systems will continue to operate independently, but will now be able to benefit from the financial security and resources of a much larger company. Since taking operational responsibility earlier this month we have implemented numerous improvements in infrastructure, support and customer service. We are confident that those enhancements will make a meaningful, positive, impact. We welcome the 123Systems customer base to the VSNX family and look forward to developing long term successful relationships.

We’ve put together a list of frequently asked questions to help clarify any questions you may have:

Will 123Systems continue to operate as a separate division of VSNX? Yes

Will I still be able to order services on the 123Systems website? Yes

In the past customer support has been slow, will that get better? Yes, in fact you should already be noticing an improvement.

I’ve had stability problems with my VPS from 123Systems, will that be fixed? Yes, as of this writing we have fixed all outstanding node problems. You should now experience far better stability.

In the past my VPS was slow. Will it get faster? Your service was likely slow due to “slabbing,” or the technique by which a single physical machine hosted numerous virtualized environments. We have eliminated the use of slabbing and as a result you should already be noticing improving speeds.

Will prices increase on current customers? We will honor all existing packages at their current prices.

Will prices increase for new customers? There may be modest adjustments to our website packages as our goal is to provide a high quality service, not the least expensive one.

Should I cancel my PayPal subscriptions? No, the account which you pay will stay the same.

Where can I learn more about VSNX? Check our website at http://vsnx.net.

If you have any further questions please contact us at https://123systems.net/billing/submitticket.php.

Thank you,
Velocity Servers Network Exchange

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@0xdragon have you been drinking? You have more class than this...

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited November 2014

@trewq said:
    0xdragon have you been drinking? You have more class than this...

This is what happens when you let someone else post on your account...

Post in progress of being fixed.

(Also, my mates have no grammatical skills whatsoever.)

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@0xdragon said:
    This is what happens when you let someone else post on your account...

To let someone have access to your account you must have been drinking :P

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited November 2014

Also, is this really even a major change? From the view of the conspiracy theorists (who I am slowly siding with) this is just switching out the nameplate on the company. It seems like more of the same when their customers were promised improvements from the people one cubicle over in Buffalo:

We are very pleased and excited to announce that New Wave NetConnect LLC., the company behind market leader ChicagoVPS, has acquired 123Systems. We are currently conducting a thorough review of all aspects of 123Systems and intend on immediately implementing numerous changes to improve service quality. No aspect of your current service at 123Systems will change, as we will be operating it as a separate division, but with the advantage of our buying power and 24/7 support department. Please continue logging into your customer management system and paying for your services as normal to the existing PayPal account at this time.

We are acutely aware that the services provided by 123Systems over the past year have not been adequate. We want to work with you personally to resolve any outstanding issues and rebuild your trust in 123Systems. I invite you to submit a ticket or email me directly ([email protected]) and I will work with you directly.

I just wonder why anyone thinks the company has enough value to even go through the trouble of tossing the keys to the next cubicle over and writing a faux-presser.

Is the name well-respected outside of LET/vpsB? Is the customer base especially masochistic and willing to put up with all sorts of nonsense?

• @Jbiloh > CVPS (domain) > @CVPS_Chris > profit > 123systems ( from Andrew) > @Jbiloh

Cycle complete...

Thanked by 2sparko AnthonySmith
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

meh, it will be on paper only to prevent the fact that Chris completely failed to do anything with 123systems continuing to hurt an already sub par reputation and service with CVPS.

• I wonder if they'll fix my VPS now that hasn't worked since August.

• @Reetus said:
    I wonder if they'll fix my VPS now that hasn't worked since August.

As per the email above, all outstanding node problems are fixed. please click Disable next to Delusion in the control panel and that should fix it totally.. ;) /joke

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Reetus said: I wonder if they'll fix my VPS now that hasn't worked since August.

Lets use it as a test case then :) please post daily updates.

• Same support staff or purely coincidence?

I'm skeptical.

• @Reetus said:

Same support staff or purely coincidence?

I'm skeptical.

Change of ownership doesn't always mean change of staff..

• AFAIK 123systesms uses answering bot :)

• ihatetonyy said: Is the name well-respected outside of LET/vpsB? Is the customer base especially masochistic and willing to put up with all sorts of nonsense?

They have good gaming community base customer.

• Again?

• same snake, different skin?

Thanked by 2MannDude ATHK
  • at least they're better than GVH, they answer the ticket however funny that is.

• Why was the thread just called "Chris is a liar"?

• @Reetus said:

Did they set it up soon?

Thanked by 1ValdikSS
  • @mpkossen Their "soon" is about a month.

• Begin stationary panic now.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • @MorningIris said:
    mpkossen Their "soon" is about a month.

I was meaning to say: now the ownership has changed, is it different?

Apparently it didn't happen for almost two months. I'm just curious if it is being handled better now.

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    Why was the thread just called "Chris is a liar"?

That was the original title, but it was changed several hours ago by the OP.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @gsrdgrdghd said:
    Why was the thread just called "Chris is a liar"?

original thread

• Nekki said: That was the original title, but it was changed several hours ago by the OP.

Lol i literally saw that title a few seconds before i made my post about it, damn cluster errors!

• MorningIrisMorningIris Member
    edited November 2014

said: I’ve had stability problems with my VPS from 123Systems, will that be fixed? Yes, as of this writing we have fixed all outstanding node problems. You should now experience far better stability.

1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 43.0723 s, 24.9 MB/s

improved from 5 MB/s

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited November 2014

For immediately release

The service quality has now improved by 400% after moving away from ChicagoVPS and will continue to improve

-gsrdgrdghd, Senior Vice President of Marketing

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

MorningIris said: 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 43.0723 s, 24.9 MB/s

improved from 5 MB/s

Please submit a ticket and we will help.

Thank you!

• gsrdgrdghd said: Senior Vice President of Marketing

Wait -- VSNX didn't spend a little bit more money to poach Jon from image?

• @jbiloh I already did, nobody seems to care, I don't see any difference, kind of worse.