Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About @GreenHostBox (GHB) - comments and status
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

About @GreenHostBox (GHB) - comments and status

gtraxgtrax Member
edited November 2014 in General

Hey guys,
I want to know your suggestion about the provider @Greenhostbox (GHB) whose name is john. He has offered good rates for different packages but the service is up and down. And also it has not been long since I shifted a few clients. I was looking to go frantech way but as Paypal is not supported in my region I had to look for another option and GHB offered me services which I thought to give a try.
What do you suggest as the service is not the usual 95-99%. John from GHB is welcomed to comment as well.

Comments

• GreenHostBox or GreenValueHost ?

Or is it just a coincidence they're both named Jon? John*

Thanked by 2TheKiller KwiceroLTD
  • Don't know why I'm scared of Green..Something...Something

• gtraxgtrax Member
    edited November 2014

This is one is about @Greenhostbox.
    Well about John*, that can be a coincidence or something else if someone could shed some light on this.

• I'm with GHB, you must be mistaken GVH for GHB, GHB is only good IMO, my server is never offline.

Thanked by 1GreenHostBox
  • @vladka24 well I have not mistaken. I am already using his service. And just for an update. His website panel is down at the moment, try opening a ticket :). Also my reseller account is in-accessible since 7 hours. I cannot open a ticket and he isn't replying on alternative contact method. Well i really hope your server never gets offline but mine is.

• gtraxgtrax Member
    edited November 2014

And @greenhostbox is definitely checking this thread. I do not know why he isn't providing his feedback. He has been pretty supportive in tasks like shifting my clients from old provider and feedback about some script related issues. His response has been good so far but I really hope this is also temporary.

• GreenHostBoxGreenHostBox Member
    edited November 2014

@gtrax said:
    And greenhostbox is definitely checking this thread. I do not know why he isn't providing his feedback. He has been pretty supportive in tasks like shifting my clients from old provider and feedback about some script related issues. His response has been good so far but I really hope this is also temporary.

I just checked this thread right now so I wasn't avoiding from commenting on this discussion. We had reactive DDoS protection enabled for our server1 due to the recent VAC issues with OVH so this only affected our shared/reseller clients. We had reactive protection still enabled even after the VAC issues was fixed to make sure there is no problems when we change it back to proactive protection. The change from proactive to reactive protection was the reason why server1 was going up and down constantly for a few minutes because it takes a minute or two for the mitigation to kick in when a DDoS attack strikes the IPs that have reactive protection enabled and we have been receiving more frequent attacks. We have placed server1 back into proactive protection now so this should definitely help stabilize the server again. We definitely haven't had 7 hours of downtime. Your IP may have been blocked from our firewall and thus disallowing you access from our network. Please message be with your IP so I can investigate further.

• Well just an update. The servers and his websites are back. I have also opened a ticket with him. I will update as soon as I get a feedback.

• @Greenhostbox Thanks for your feedback. Well I know that I am on your OVH canada node. I understand DDos safety but it was not few minutes it was atleast 3 - 1/2 hours which I know of and it took me 30 minutes to reach home and respond to my single support staff request to check all the services, so it makes it 4 actual hours. It cannot be my IP as I have 5 different IPs from different ISPs and I was using 3 of them to check your website/service. I really hope your firewall did not block all of them (as it should not without an issue).
    The rest of the extra 3 hours which I have stated relate to when the first complaint came in from my brother who has cpanel account with me which is running on your server.
    Anyway, it is good that you have also responded here, I appreciate and good that the services are up. I hope things remain stable from now on.

• Guys ....
    This thread is not about the issue, this is about your suggestions and the status of Greenhostbox services. Thanks @vladka24 for your feedback regarding GHB. I will appreciate if others give their feedbacks also.
    I have a feeling that GBH is not GVH but I will be updating after sometime has passed and I have used the service for some more time with him.

• GBH is categorically not GVH. If they were, there would be significantly more drama in this thread.

• Just to avoid some confusion, we are not in any way affiliated with GVH.

• If your server server is down, I guess your host is quite … green.

• sparkosparko Member
    edited November 2014

GVH is just eating my brain I have a vps at GVH it since I bought it I was never able to use it because its always offline
    I also have a vps at GHB which is working smoothly.>

Thanked by 1GreenHostBox
  • @Nekki and now this thread goes off the rails as GVH was mentioned once...

Thanked by 2netomx perennate
  • @wych said:
    Nekki and now this thread goes off the rails as GVH was mentioned once...

Yea my bad!

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Now once again @Greenhostbox is down. The domain is not working so there is no way that we can open a support ticket. I don't know what is the issue here? If some other people could shed some light on it. Or if GBH is available, please check the status of your service.

• @gtrax GHB website is loading forever here...

• It is not loading at all. The website is down, the whm is down and all the websites hosted are down as well. The service level has been really unsatisfactory from last 3 weeks.

• Yep, not loading here either.

• DevoniusDevonius Member
    edited November 2014

i have tried and have one node in GHB, so far so good, 100% uptime within 2 days.

the website is only a little bit slow, but it will showing up later, @ http://greenhostbox.com/ (I'm using latest chrome version)

• Slow, but up for me.

• Yes the website is up and I have opened a case since 6 hours, still no reply or feedback from @greenhostbox

• gtraxgtrax Member
    edited November 2014

Received an update from @greenhostbox after more than 7 hours of opening the case and almost 17 hours of downtime that i have to change the NS IP addresses. In the same message they have informed that they will email the downtime reason later.
    Lets see what the reason is? Will keep all of you posted.

• GreenHostBoxGreenHostBox Member
    edited November 2014

We sent out a mass email about the downtime. Things should start stabilizing now. Only shared/reseller clients were affected.

• Dear @greenhostbox we have received your reply. Now I hope your issues will be solved and the service will be more stable. Still keeping you as a provider, lets see how it goes.

• gtraxgtrax Member
    edited November 2014

Well still a couple of issues which include one client missing from WHM. Updated the case, waiting for response from @GreenHostBox

• The missing client has been restored by @GreenHostBox with a ticket response. The performance feedback will be provided after monitoring of a couple of days.

• @gtrax are you trying to turn this into a review thread or just providing a running update?

• All I know is this is extremely frustrating. Whole day without income from the sites hosted on this host. I know its stupid to host on shared hosting and expect miracles (like being able to access it) but I use many hosts for IP diversity and this unfortunately was one of them.