Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cpanel + WHM Reseller + backup feature
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cpanel + WHM Reseller + backup feature

DragonDFDragonDF Member
edited November 2014 in Requests

Hello,
I'd like to see an offer to Reseller Hosting with BACKUP feature in WHM enable. So I can restore backups by myself and I will not need to open a ticket and wait for 5 or 10 days to the team restore a backup.

Cloudlinux based.

Fast support could be good too.

Suggestions?

Some of the options I know do not have the BACKUP FEATURE enable. You open a ticket and spend a lot of time for a reply. You can not create a FULL BACKUP of your WHM's account.

Comments

• check buyvm

• No, buyvm does not have this feature enable.

• I believe this feature is enabled on our reseller hosting, if its not we can enable it for you with no problem. You can see our plans here: https://www.superior-networks.com/resellers.php

• @GreenHostBox
    Thank you for your suggestion. I did not know about it.
    But how can I RESTORE a backup using it?

For example: a new client. How will I restore it?

If I am not wrong, WHM easy backup will work only to create backups, not to restore.

@SNetworks1

I will take a look now. Tks!

• @DragonDF said:
    SNetworks1

I will take a look now. Tks!

If you have any questions just drop me a PM or open a ticket with us and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@DragonDF said:
    No, buyvm does not have this feature enable.

Sorry! We removed cpRemote a while back because we were trying to debug CloudLinux's terrible error handling.

If you're currently with us, we'll have the feature enabled again in the next few days.

Francisco

• PM sent.

• Francisco said: Sorry! We removed cpRemote a while back because we were trying to debug CloudLinux's terrible error handling.

If you're currently with us, we'll have the feature enabled again in the next few days.

Francisco

If the client is a Reseller and not a Shared Hosting he needs to restore accounts each time a new client open a new account in his company.

Each new account = a new ticket to your support team for a ridiculous thing that your (Francisco) client can resolve by himself. If we think your client can bring a new account each day, you will have at least 20 new support tickets for month.

$2 will never pay your support team cost per month only talking about 'migration support' (restoring backups).

We do imports and all that without issue.

No host right in the head is going to allow non-root user to restore cpmove/full backup files.

cPanel has already said that the file format is insecure as it has to make MANY poor assumptions. I don't know of any resellers that allow you to import that. What happens if you specially craft it to add a GID 0 user to the node?

We handle imports all the time, some users have had 30 - 50 imports to date on small plans.

Don't worry about what $2/month covers on our end. You'll have a hard time finding us punishing customers because "they don't pay enough" and things like that. All of our pricing takes into consideration heavy hand holding.

Remember, you're talking to the owner of a company that's in the midst of giving all of our VPS plans on-demand fully managed support in the base cost.

Francisco

Thanked by 2DalComp linuxthefish
  • category is wrong.

• Francisco said: Remember, you're talking to the owner of a company that's in the midst of giving all of our VPS plans on-demand fully managed support in the base cost.

Francisco, you are well known here and in others forums. I think I do not need to make this a personal 'combat'. The fact is: more clients = more support tickets. More support tickets, more work. More work, more stress. More stress, less attention to the client or more rude/unpolite replies. Result: unhappily client that will not pay next month.

As we all know you I am sure you can do what your mentioned above. But, why not create a solution where client can do it by himself? Tickets will be opened only to other important subjects. Your support is fast. A great differential. But you have a problem there, too. :) :(

If I am not wrong, I got a Master Reseller's account which I could use Backup Feature, 2 years ago (or more).

I will try to find a good solution.

• theenter said: category is wrong.

Changed. Thank you. I think it is correct now.

• I don't think many hosts will be willing to restore cpanel backup files due to security issues, I often restore backup files manually if they don't have too many domains/sql etc...

DragonDF said: If I am not wrong, I got a Master Reseller's account which I could use Backup Feature, 2 years ago (or more).

Yes, I forgot the master reseller panels were pinnacles of security and stability. :)

Best of luck on your hunt, be sure to keep your own backups :)

Francisco

• linuxthefish said: I don't think many hosts will be willing to restore cpanel backup files due to security issues, I often restore backup files manually if they don't have too many domains/sql etc...

How can WHM know it?

Do you mean you take a full backup file generated by a cpanel host and restore it direct to the new cpanel's account (yours)?

If yes, how can you do that and WHM understand it and create a new account with domain, etc?

Maybe you are not using FULL backup option, right?

About hosts: when they start to reply a ticket in 24 hours with the final solution of the problem, I will be glad. Good price, bad service.

• Francisco said: Yes, I forgot the master reseller panels were pinnacles of security and stability. :)

Best of luck on your hunt, be sure to keep your own backups :)

I had luck. My problems involved the companies, not the attackers. Bad companies, bad services.

Backup is good when you can download it as a full backup from time to time. Not very easy nowadays. Support is weak and you can not do it by yourself. Downloading one by one is time consuming.

;)