Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Follow-up to Delimiter's fraud accusations
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Follow-up to Delimiter's fraud accusations

alessioalessio Member
edited November 2014 in General

I apologise for opening a follow-up thread to my initial complaint (I did object to the closure but without success) but there is at least one point, brought up @AnthonySmith, which I only now found an appropriate answer to ....

AnthonySmith said: No one called you a fraudster, the site/tool just has an unfortunate name, it says bogus sign up info provided which you have admitted, it then says you were combative about it which is not hard to believe given this post and some of your previous ones.

Whether they called me that or not is not the only thing that matters. They did share my data with a third party which is almost exclusively used for fraudulent orders. This did lead and will lead again to completely unrelated hosts accusing me of fraud and naturally refusing their service. So it is not only about what Delimiter called me, but to a very very good extent also about the direct impact such an entry has.

Related to this, I also would like to stress again the following point.

alessio said: Those who believe Delimiter acted properly, please read my initial posting carefully, and please in its entirety, and tell me where I should have been at fault (except for the initially missing street number) and what on earth would justify such a record.

Comments

• You know most providers take FR notes with a pinch of salt unless you have lots of entries for the same things off different hosts.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited November 2014

@wych said:
    You know most providers take FR notes with a pinch of salt unless you have lots of entries for the same things off different hosts.

at the same time alot of providers won't.

Thanked by 2geekalot Lee
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

It depends who made the entry too. I would take delimiter very seriously.

Thanked by 2vRozenSch00n netomx
  • @Maounique said:
    It depends who made the entry too. I would take delimiter very seriously.

True.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited November 2014

Why did you not just ask me to open the old thread again if you had 'new information'. I said I'd open if for you again if you had anything to add beyond repeating the same stuff over and over.

I'm still unclear on what you're hoping to achieve now anyway.

Thanked by 2netomx jar
  • Nekki said: Why did you not just ask me to open the old thread again if you had 'new information'. I said I'd open if for you again if you had anything to add

I am sorry, I didnt understand it that way.

• Regardless of whether you understood me or not (to be fair, I just re-read the PM and I wasn't explicit), what are you trying to achieve? You're addressing a point Anthony made, which as I did point out fairly clearly, doesn't really matter - you need something from Mark/Delimiter and they've made it clear they're not budging.

Are you just complaining loudly at this point hoping they'll back off, or do you have somewhere else to go with this? Otherwise my reasoning for locking the original thread applies to this one too.

• I call for a close of this one, it's evident that he just wants to troll more because he's upset.

Mate, go take it up with FraudRecord.

• @0xdragon said:

Mate, go take it up with FraudRecord.

Speaking of which any news from @Harzem?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

yeah I cant imagine why they would have called you combative......

acknowledged, rejected.
    /thread

Thanked by 3netomx MarkTurner Amitz
  • Nekki said: Regardless of whether you understood me or not (to be fair, I just re-read the PM and I wasn't explicit), what are you trying to achieve?

I only wanted to add the paragraph above in response to his statement, as it puts his justification (come on, doesnt really matter anyhow. names dont mean anything) in a slightly different light.

and confirms so much

Thanked by 2jar Amitz
    edited November 2014

AnthonySmith said: yeah I cant imagine why they would have called you combative......

I had my fair share of alessio's combat and attacks, so, I would trust delimiter on this one. However, threads like these are good for educational purposes. People fighting privacy online are not really that open with their personal data, even if that means breaching tos/aups of companies they sign for. At least Tor users break no law for using it, cryptography is not yet illegal, same with routing over machines you own or rent.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    and confirms so much

Well, a provider is blackening my name, outrightly refuses everything, to just listen and only discuss the issue and facts at hand and then you come and say (respectively "cleverly" hint) it is all not that bad, why I care in the first place and it is actually me who is combative, only for trying to get things right. Sorry this is twisting reality I am afraid.

Please just answer my question without any polemics based on the facts, please do me this favour! Except for the missing street number in the address, where am I at fault and how would such a simple mistake deserve such an entry?

Thanked by 1geekalot
    edited November 2014

alessio said: Please just answer my question without any polemics based on the facts, please do me this favour! Except for the missing street number in the address, where am I at fault and how would such a simple mistake deserve such an entry?

IF we take your story as true. Just for the sake of argument, let's do it, putting a 000000 contact phone number is a very serious issue, I mean nowhere does it say you have to own the terminal or the line to be on your name, just a contact phone, even a voice mail would be better than 00000.
    You dont use a phone but need hosting over the internet? What kind of fouls do you believe the people over there are?

Thanked by 1coolice

alessio said: Well, a provider is blackening my name,

You did that yourself.

alessio said: outrightly refuses everything,

Seems justified

alessio said: it is actually me who is combative

We know

alessio said: only for trying to get things right.

Seems like you had a few chances to do this prior to the record but decided to be combative instead.

alessio said: Sorry this is twisting reality I am afraid.

black vs white

alessio said: where am I at fault and how would such a simple mistake deserve such an entry?

We no longer believe you on the street address front being the only issue, the phone number issue is also valid, and you are by your own admission combative about it,

I would keep the record in place.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @AnthonySmith your on one over this...

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • AnthonySmith said: We no longer believe you on the street address front being the only issue, the phone number issue is also valid, and you are by your own admission combative about it,

I kindly and politely asked you to give a serious answer without such polemics. It is obvious you are either unable or unwilling to do so.

Maounique said: Just for the sake of argument, let's do it, putting a 000000 contact phone number is a very serious issue

A serious issue as to what? And why was this not immediately verified but only two months into the service?

Maounique said: I mean nowhere does it say you have to own the terminal or the line to be on your name, just a contact phone, even a voice mail would be better than 00000.

Which number should I then provide where I wont be reachable anyhow? I'd say a wrong phone number is worse than an obvious "N/A".

Maounique said: You dont use a phone but need hosting over the internet? What kind of fouls do you believe the people over there are?

One is completely unrelated to the other. I deliberately do not have a phone number based on my own choice. How is this even remotely related to hosting?

alessio said: I kindly and politely asked you to give a serious answer without such polemics. It is obvious you are either unable or unwilling to do so.

I dont agree.

• @Nekki said:
    Are you just complaining loudly at this point hoping they'll back off, or do you have somewhere else to go with this? Otherwise my reasoning for locking the original thread applies to this one too.

I finished reading the original thread a few minutes ago and couldn't discern why it had been locked to begin with. Why not let people speak if they still have something to say? Why do you have to strive toward silencing them? If Delimiter had nothing more to say on the matter, then they simply need not respond any further. That's no reason to close the thread, though. It only makes it look like you want to silence certain criticisms. The way in which LET closes threads speaks volumes imo.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited November 2014

@alessio

As a viewer only who has read both threads, I draw the conclusion that you are hiding or trying to hide something, of course that is just my view. I don't use delimiter and never would, I am a vocal opposer of Fraud Record too so I don't have a clouded view.

Through everything I have read I keep coming back to what are you hiding. I am not looking for a reply to that, just offering a view from a neutral viewpoint.

Is Alessio another account on LET? You had a different one before?

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • Fact of the mater from what I see is Delimiter offered you several chances to correct your address, and you did not. So, they reported you which is within their right to do so according to their terms of service, they can hand over information to authorities. All your doing now is making a fool out of yourself, and i highly doubt that any provider here will allow you to sign up after this stunt of yours.

• W1V_Lee said: As a viewer only who has read both threads, I draw the conclusion that you are hiding or trying to hide something, of course that is just my view.

Would you care to elaborate what I should be hiding and how you draw this conclusion?

fhneric said: Fact of the mater from what I see is Delimiter offered you several chances to correct your address, and you did not.

Please not again this. Answering this would be an actual repetition. Your assumption is wrong and this was already answered in the original thread. Just read the original thread. Please!

HostNun said: I finished reading the original thread a few minutes ago and couldn't discern why it had been locked to begin with.

I also think locking was not a good thing to do, it did not help any side of the argument, nor people which were spectating and looking to draw own conclusions.

I admit I provide fake data, it does look real, I was never terminated on those grounds, but I would not protest if that was the case, especially if a bit of refund would be provided. I would not have an issue with being registered at fraud record either, after all, it is all fake data and disposable payment means, so, the conclusion I reached long ago is that you either give entirely bogus data, or the fully correct set.

Now, not owning a phone number and not having one where you can be contacted even at your work place, like xxxxx/yyy Mo-Fri 9:00-5:00 or "ask the operator to put me through" kind of thing is screaming trouble for the host. Any company has a phone number, if it was a work project, then there is absolutely no reason not to give at least the public phone you put on your card.

Yeah, putting you in FR is a bit harsh, perhaps more than a bit, but, while I would have never done that nor condone it, it is possible to understand the frustration of people which tried to solve it with you for days and failed.

Thanked by 1coolice
  • alessioalessio Member
    edited November 2014

Maounique said: I admit I provide fake data, it does look real, I was never terminated on those grounds, but I would not protest if that was the case, especially if a bit of refund would be provided. I would not have an issue with being registered at fraud record either, after all, it is all fake data and disposable payment means, so, the conclusion I reached long ago is that you either give entirely bogus data, or the fully correct set.

A few points

• There was no fake data involved (the 0s in the phone number were an obvious "N/A").
    • Cancelling the account was never the issue.

Maounique said: Now, not owning a phone number and not having one where you can be contacted even at your work place, like xxxxx/yyy Mo-Fri 9:00-5:00 or "ask the operator to put me through" kind of thing is screaming trouble for the host. Any company has a phone number, if it was a work project, then there is absolutely no reason not to give at least the public phone you put on your card.

I dont have a personal phone, I have a work phone (even an extension ;) ) but IIRC when I updated my account info the phone number field was read-only and I didnt pursue this as I never imagined it to become a problem of such dimensions. Once it got to the ticket horror they were already stuck with the address and the phone wasnt even addressed anymore.

If it gets the issue fixed, I'd be delighted to given them that phone number now and they can verify it.

Maounique said: Yeah, putting you in FR is a bit harsh, perhaps more than a bit, but, while I would have never done that nor condone it, it is possible to understand the frustration of people which tried to solve it with you for days and failed.

This all happened over the period of 24 hours, not days. But believe me it was also frustrating for me to explain the same thing over and over again without any reaction to what I was saying.

• A fraudrecord for fake/not-verifiable address details? If there would've been a problem with payments I would understand this, but @alessio paid for the server and there was no fraud involved.
    A delimiter support agent that randomly calls phone numbers belonging to street numbers?

@Maounique: Weren't you working for prometeus and using a false name in ticket support?

Thanked by 1Droidzone
  • HostNunHostNun Member
    edited November 2014

@W1V_Lee said:

As a viewer only who has read both threads, I draw the conclusion that you are hiding or trying to hide something, of course that is just my view. I don't use delimiter and never would, I am a vocal opposer of Fraud Record too so I don't have a clouded view.

>

Through everything I have read I keep coming back to what are you hiding. I am not looking for a reply to that, just offering a view from a neutral viewpoint.

Whether or not that is true (and I wouldn't know), isn't it somewhat beside the point? Is this thread supposed to be a public witch hunt or is it supposed to be a critical inquiry into why Delimiter jumped the gun to rat someone out to 'Fraud Record' without any good reason?

To be clear, I have no dog in this fight. I have never had services with Delimiter nor have I had any dealings with the OP. Nonetheless, I feel slightly disturbed at Delimiter's identitarian maneuvering in an abstract sense. There is also what seems to be a tendency to turn the thread into a witch hunt which is a bit creepy to say the least... perhaps indicative of certain blatant organizational-ideological biases that those doing it would not like revealed about themselves.

• Maounique said: I admit I provide fake data, it does look real, I was never terminated on those grounds, but I would not protest if that was the case, especially if a bit of refund would be provided.

Very good point; Signing up for a service remains a choice, and in doing so, one should abide by the terms and conditions set out by said service. If you don't feel comfortable with a host having your information, why would you be signing up for them? I certainly wouldn't trust a company with my data when I feel uneasy giving them my phone number or address.

Thanked by 1coolice
  • HostNun said: If Delimiter had nothing more to say on the matter, then they simply need not respond any further. That's no reason to close the thread, though. It only makes it look like you want to silence certain criticisms. The way in which LET closes threads speaks volumes imo.

You're looking too deeply into it. I just couldn't see the point in a thread that was already going round in circles.

Just as many people supported the idea of closing the thread as objected to it based on PMs/thanks received, so I'm pretty happy I didn't make an unreasonable call, just one that some people didn't like - that's life. If you think I'm under any sort of onus to shut down certain threads, you're wrong, and to be honest you have absolutely no basis to make that assumption really and your comment is wholly unfair on me IMO. I'd very much like to know your justification for making the comment, so please drop me a PM on why you suspect me of behaving in such an underhanded manner, as I would like the chance to try and put your suspicions to rest.

But you know what, I'm here to serve the community, and if a good-sized chunk of the community wants to go round in circles on this debate, that's fine, I'll leave this open and leave everyone to it. If it leads to an eventual resolution I'm happy to be proved wrong and I'll note it for next time I think a thread is at a dead-end.

Thanked by 3netomx perennate Pwner

Nekki said: I didn't make an unreasonable call, just one that some people didn't like - that's life.

That in itself is the entire thread :)