Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WeLoveServers - Worst company i ever dealt with!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WeLoveServers - Worst company i ever dealt with!

This is my nightmare story with this terrible company.

SInce the purchase of the yearly plan for the vps that i saw posted on LEB, i have had only problems.
To start vps was delivered with problems with the IP (according to support), as i could not login with my chosen password, reinstaling the server did not work. Support says it was a problem with ip and asked permission to relocate me to another node. A new ip was given and i could not login again this time because the vps was offline. Then i got a reply saying that it was shutdown due to a DOS, i haven't even had a change to login to it and it was already shutdown for something i could not control! Finally i managed to login to my vps only to get it shutdown later! Support kept saying vps was rebooted and was online but to me always showed offline! And the reason was the same DOS.
Clearly the problem started WLS end with a "problem" with the ip, and the DOS was already happening even before i managed to get in the vps.
Complete fail to deliver and maintain service and i had enough so i requested my money back which i was refused because im way out of refund coverage but they are more than happy to cancel the vps... for real?!?!

They keep asking me to secure my vps with iptables and blocking ports but even that i can do it because it is always offline, i have several vps and never ever had this type of problem.

Comments

• Should have read those reviews.....

Thanked by 2ATHK Mark_R
  • Ask for a new IP address.

Personally I've found support at WeLoveServers to be efficient and accommodating.

• I've never had an issue with WLS before, the few tickets I've raised have been responded to promptly.

Were they claiming your VPS was compromised?

• guess i should have.... :(

the only good thing i could say about them is that they reply fast, altough the answers are a bit brainless to say the least....
    i am a very reasonable guy and i only act like this when i see i cannot let this pass. i have raised a dispute, in the mean time be very aware when you commit to weloveservers.

• Nekki, they are claiming that vps is having a DOS, that is why they shut it down, the reports they sent me say vps is having a high amount of PPS: 150k, but this started even before i managed to login to the vps ssh for the very first time.

• sleddog said: Personally I've found support at WeLoveServers to be efficient and accommodating.

Same here, actually. It's not, say, Linode-speed support, but given what I pay it's very proper support in my experience.

• lossehelin said: Nekki, they are claiming that vps is having a DOS, that is why they shut it down, the reports they sent me say vps is having a high amount of PPS: 150k, but this started even before i managed to login to the vps ssh for the very first time.

How long before the VPS came back up and you logging in for the first time?

• i bought the vps on the 6th of this month and the first time i managed to login was on the night of 9th to the 10th of november. Inital report of DOS was on the morning of that day 9th november

• The question is though, how long was the VPS operational before you logged in. It could have been compromised before your first login.

• @Nekki said:
    The question is though, how long was the VPS operational before you logged in. It could have been compromised before your first login.

Password123 is never a safe password.

• Nekki, i could not say how long was operational before i logged in for the first time.

This is a new update:
    I just received an email saying that im not entitled for a refund because they claim i bought the vps in august!!!!!! which is two months out of my guarantee!!! My jaw just dropped!
    Vps was ordered on the 6th of november! Are they high or what?

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited November 2014

It's obvious they either have a some sort of miscommunication going on or haven't actually looked at your account.

If you paid with PayPal do a dispute and move on to someone else...

[EDIT] Or you know the usual, OP is lying to make WLS look bad because he got DDOSed while running his awesome MineCraft server. But hey I could just be making all this up..

• i already filed a dispute with paypal

thanks ATHK :)

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited November 2014

ATHK said: It's obvious they either have a some sort of miscommunication going on or haven't actually looked at your account.

Or, he bought a different VPS from WLS in August, and bought this one in November. Many providers only offer money-back based on the first purchase.

If that isn't the case, then it's a mistake which can be corrected.

But not now, with a Paypal dispute.

• this was my first and last purchase of weloveservers vps.

• Personally had terrible service with them. Never given them a dime since.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

said: WeLoveServers - Worst company i ever dealt with!

You obviously never had to speak to tech support at British Telecom then!

• @AnthonySmith said:
    You obviously never had to speak to tech support at British Telecom then!

Comcast*

Thanked by 1msg7086
  • British Telecom don't even employ British people on the phones. You need subtitles to talk to them

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2014

RCS-RDS is the worst and best company I dealt with in the same time. They employ a huge number of people and most are paid badly and it shows, however, those that do the core stuff that makes the show go on, know what they are doing and the prices are more than fair even for no support at all.
    For example, their DIGI online app to watch TV on phone never worked on my cheap chinese phone, i keep getting cannot play this movie even though i installed many third party stuff they asked me to, including mxplayer, it is 4.2 which is supported and all. Since i filed my first complaint I dropped the issue, I dont even remember the username and password, but they keep calling me each time they have an update to check if it solved my problem. The people calling are nice and polite and treat me like I am paying much more than 2 Eur a month for the phone subscription with 5 GB internet included (then lower speed but never enforced) and unlimited calls and SMS inside the network, both fixed and mobile. It still does not work to this day, I lost hope long ago, but still I like how they treat me. So, it is both a failure and a treat.

• They claimed i did DoS when rsync put 15kpps~200Mbps on 1Gbps port (upgraded) for 5*5seconds long. the DoS OP was said would also be false positive.

• Haha... my VPS suddenly offline for 6 hours, they said there is a misconfiguration. The day before this happened my VPS is down for 8 hours. :/

• AnthonySmith said: You obviously never had to speak to tech support at British Telecom then

Should try "Virgin" then. The worst of the worst

• No bad idc.Some IDC server performance is very good.but the stability of the machine situation is grim. The origin of all things is not have a good resource monitoring mechanisms. most businesses can learn from ramnode.

last,you can you up.

• @zxsdw said:
    No bad idc.Some IDC server performance is very good.but the stability of the machine situation is grim. The origin of all things is not have a good resource monitoring mechanisms. most businesses can learn from ramnode.

last,you can you up.

And done with to set up a shell and I want to expand it to the ground floor and a few hours with the development team and the PoS to get through to you.

The operating in.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • What, another WeLoveServers thread just few days apart?
    They are getting a lot of negative feedback on WHT as well lately.

• Ok, finally i managed to get my refund. But they still said im out of my guarantee and they made an exception for me.... what the hell?

• @zxsdw said:
    No bad idc.Some IDC server performance is very good.but the stability of the machine situation is grim. The origin of all things is not have a good resource monitoring mechanisms. most businesses can learn from ramnode.

last,you can you up.

Not to scale the chicken. or feathers of the fish. One must find the layer under the known to cover the lost. If it becomes Normal, the need will buy.

But, first you will down.

Thanked by 20xdragon switsys
  • I've also bad experience. I'll never renew existing product or purchase new one.

• Hello @lossehelin,

My name is Joshua; I assisted you during your ticket with WeLoveServers and fully understand how much you are unhappy with the received level of support. But I can reassure you, this is not our standard practice. WeLoveServers strives to be the best company in the industry but things slip, much like your case which occurred yesterday. I want to state that this is occasional and should never reoccur in the future - for you or other customers.
    Regarding your issues with the DDOS attack, we want to ensure that none of our network slows down for our customers - in order to protect the network from packet loss, we null routed the IP address for around half an hour to allow for mitigation. However, regarding the refund issue, I wasn't filled in from the support technicians correctly, resulting in this incident. All we can do is apologise and move on; ensuring that this is isolated issue.

Joshua

Thanked by 2Maounique ATHK