Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can i use failover ip's to other server?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can i use failover ip's to other server?

Hello Everyone!
I have asked the soyoustart supporter about the failover ips and he answered that i can use them to other server to.
It's possible to use the failoverips from soyoustart to kmsufi server?

Comments

• wychwych Member
    edited November 2014

Not sure, didnt OVH say something about additional IP and KS?

More than likely no; http://forum.kimsufi.com/showthread.php?32882-ips-for-my-server

• I have asked whats the difference between normal ipv4 and failover ips and here what he answered:

The failover IPs you can easily use for virtual machines or SSL certificates. It is commercially available IPv4 addresses, which could be re-routed to a second server on demand (failover).

• wychwych Member
    edited November 2014

@BuyAds said:
    I have asked whats the difference between normal ipv4 and failover ips and here what he answered:

The failover IPs you can easily use for virtual machines or SSL certificates. It is commercially available IPv4 addresses, which could be re-routed to a second server on demand (failover).

Correct, between SYS servers no SYS > KS.

KS only allowed additional IP's on their first ranges. < 2013 IIRC.

• But soyoustart is same as OVH? Do they have same datacenter?

• @BuyAds said:
    But soyoustart is same as OVH? Do they have same datacenter?

Yes but the brands are kept different.

RunAbove is also based in the same DC's.

• edanedan Member
    edited November 2014

When you try to move the failover IPs there are only two options to SYS and OVH account (-OVH) so you can't move it to Kimsufi account (-KS), perhaps not yet.

• @edan said:
    When you try to move the failover IPs there are only two options to SYS and OVH account (-OVH) so you can't move it to Kimsufi account (-KS), perhaps not yet.

If you had a legacy KS using a OVH account you may be able to but don't quote me on that.

• ok. Thank you guys!

• @wych said:

Seems yes but the payment system is changing now http://forum.kimsufi.com/showthread.php?27028-Kimsufi-IP-Failovers