Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Telx providers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Telx providers?

What are some cheap VPS providers, that are by Telx? Specs don't really matter at this point.

Comments

• Jade_GJade_G Member
    edited November 2014

Our bandwidth is back hauled from Telx in ATL to JAX, so it's essentially in Telx if you look at it that way.

Shoot us a ticket if interested and we can work something out for you.

• That "are by" Telx? What does that mean?
    Telx is a datacenter, not a network. Being in a Telx datacenter will make no difference to your service quality.

Also, Telx and cheap do not go together.

• @Numaplay - what do you need and which Telx datacentre?

• DylanDylan Member
    edited November 2014

DigitalOcean's New York 2, New York 3, and San Francisco locations are with TelX.

• JamesBotJamesBot Member
    edited November 2014

@MarkTurner said:
    Numaplay - what do you need and which Telx datacentre?

I'm looking to get multiple servers, that will be used for multiple purposes. For this reason, I don't really have any special requirements, other then for it to be affordable. Also, the location really doesn't matter. Since they will mainly be used in the central US, almost all of the locations will be plenty close enough.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2014

NumaPlay said: I'm looking to get multiple servers, that will be used for multiple purposes. For this reason, I don't really have any special requirements, other then for it to be affordable. Also, the location really doesn't matter.

Soooo, first you give a very specific DC that you need, and then you say nothing matters other than the price, not even location?...

And yeah as said above, DigitalOcean.

• @rm_ said:
    And yeah as said above, DigitalOcean.

The reason I want a Telx provider, is because I have used them in the past, and I like their service. I'm just looking to see which providers use them, so I can compare them all.

• ItsChrisGItsChrisG Member
    edited November 2014

@NumaPlay said:
    The reason I want a Telx provider, is because I have used them in the past, and I like their service. I'm just looking to see which providers use them, so I can compare them all.

How is having equipment inside some random Telx datacenter from one of their random colocation customers (but most likely, someone who is renting a server from someone who is colocating inside a telx facility) going to mean you will have good service?? Lol.

You will be like the 4th layer of service resale.

Layer1 - Datacenter: Telx

Layer2 - Colocation: Whoever...

Layer3 - Dedicated Server Lease: Whoever...

Layer4 - Your VPS: from whatever company you think is good because it happens to have a server inside a telx facility.

The network, company operation, support, etc your VPS is from... will have nothing to do with telx.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • Telx is good for one thing (overpriced) cross-connects between operators. For colo its overpriced and nothing special