Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

R1Soft 5.8.1 allows override of VZ Paths
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

R1Soft 5.8.1 allows override of VZ Paths

I was just looking to upgrade my R1Soft from 5.8.0 to 5.8.1 to address the POODLE vunerability and I saw this little nugget:

"Server Backup Manager 5.8.1 now allows override of the VZ paths so that backups will work properly."

Holy cow, this is something I've been asking for forever. Does that mean we can finally backup OpenVZ correctly just like Virtuozzo?

Comments

• Waiting for a few backups to finish before I update, updating R1Soft scares the crap out of me everytime I do it.

• doesn't seem to do what I thought it would don't see anyway to override the paths.

• @FalconInternet said:
    doesn't seem to do what I thought it would don't see anyway to override the paths.

So your telling me "....so that backups will work properly." is not correct and in fact backups still do not work?

Possibility of it doing it automatically???

• The biggest problem I have, is not being able to backup control panels and mysql easily in each VM, you have to go through hoops. There's no self-restore in interworx if it's inside a VPS.

• @FalconInternet said:
    The biggest problem I have, is not being able to backup control panels and mysql easily in each VM, you have to go through hoops. There's no self-restore in interworx if it's inside a VPS.

That's Interworx fault of not having a proper restore feature.

Alternatively, R1Soft's fault for not knowing how to use a CHROOT .

Either way could do a full system restore without issues.

• R1soft and Interworx have a self-restore feature and it works great for a dedicated server. For Interworx inside of a VM, that feature doesn't work because you can't override the location of where to look for the control panel inside of R1Soft. It's not Interworx fault. R1Soft needs to make the change. It would be simple, but doubt it will ever happen.