Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High storage VPS to use as seedbox on private trackers.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

High storage VPS to use as seedbox on private trackers.

ManiacManiac Member
edited November 2014 in Requests

I'm in need of a 50-100GB HDD VPS with allowance to use it as seedbox on private trackers. Bandwidth at least 1TB. I prefer KVM, but if the offer meets my requirements I'll gladly take OpenVZ. My budget is $5 monthly.

Comments

• Don't screw your VPS providers with your torrents, get a kimsufi.

• Boy, does @drserver have a VPS for you!

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

@DalekOfSkaro thank you for recommending us, unfortunately we don't allow seedboxes.

Thank you

• drserver said: thank you for recommending us, unfortunately we don't allow seedboxes.

Thank you

Thanks for the clarification. I'll keep that in mind next time I recommend you guys!

• @DalekOfSkaro said:
    Boy, does drserver have a VPS for you!

You're making my day with that poster lol.

Thanked by 1DalekOfSkaro
  • RamNode should work fine for private trackers.

• http://vpsdime.com/

VPSDime's Storage plans allow private trackers on them.
    2 CPU
    2GB Memory
    250GB Storage
    2TB Traffic Limit
    10Gbit Connection
    $5 a month

In my opinion that's your best lowest price option. Just send them a support ticket asking when they'll get more in stock.

• meatonmeaton Member
    edited November 2014

Under the FAQ it states "We do not allow BitTorrent, TOR, Public VPNs/Open Proxies, MineCraft Servers, CamFrog, Digital Currency Mining and illegal activity." (Legal / Privacy tab of FAQ). Also on the order page in big bold red letters it states BitTorrent is not allowed.

(PS, to OP; if you're willing to increase your monthly budget check out http://www.seedmybox.com/ or https://whatbox.ca/)

• ManiacManiac Member
    edited November 2014

@meaton
    From VPSDime's TOS:

• @meaton said:
    Under the FAQ it states

Thought we have talked a lot about VPSDime supporting private torrents on storage plans. Try the search function and you shall find some discussion about that.

Just don't try to hash large torrents. I tried once, it was so slow and I turned out to buy a kimsufi instead. For small ones, they should be fine.

• meatonmeaton Member
    edited November 2014

Ahh, it's a bit confusing on what is and isn't allowed, in my opinion. Anyways, ignore my previous statement and carry on... :P

Also, glad to see the search function is working again here, last time I tried it was broken.

• I've chosen CrownCloud's KVM storage plan. Thanks for all your suggestions.

• rds100 said: kimsufi

And rather get screwed by Kimsufi, right?

• If only WhatBox would start offering seedboxes with cheap storage.

• Maniac said: From VPSDime's TOS

They have different things being stated in their TOS and AUP. AUP doesn't even mentioned torrents being used under any circumstances.

Besides the rate limit practically renders it useless. So if someone wants a seedbox it's better to go with kimsufi or increase the budge by a bit (if possible) and go for a dedicated seedbox.

• My opinion is if you are going to use a vps/dedi for a seedbox u have to go for !Gbps or higher... 10/20 Gbps the better, if ur an uploader or planing to develop a good buffer... So any provider who limits upload speed is of very little use...

• ManiacManiac Member
    edited November 2014

SriKolla said: My opinion is if you are going to use a vps/dedi for a seedbox u have to go for !Gbps or higher... 10/20 Gbps the better, if ur an uploader or planing to develop a good buffer... So any provider who limits upload speed is of very little use...

From my personal experience, I can tell 100mbps is enough. I've been able to maintain 3,5 ratio on IPTorrents with ease.

• @Maniac said:
    From my personal experience I can tell 100mbps is enoguh. I've been able to maintain 3,5 ratio on IPTorrents with ease.

ok how abt WCD, BiB ... i have tried with 1Gbps dedicated server from Eu(I'm the only user), still 1Gbps is significantly low in building up ratio compared to 10Gbps... and this is felt more when u use autodl-irssi

• cassacassa Member
    edited November 2014

GreenValueHost alows them

I think

• Maniac said: 3,5 ratio on IPTorrents with ease.

Ha ha. My IPT ratio was not more than 3.5 but more than 35 w/o a seedbox. When it comes to difficulty of maintaining a ratio, IPT is not even the last private tracker that should be in the race.

Point is, it's ridiculously easy to maintain a ratio on IPT.