Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else down with Goodhosting Chicago?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone else down with Goodhosting Chicago?

Or is it just me? :)

Down nearly 36 hours now. Ticket opened 30 hours ago, no reply. Is it the weekend in Beautiful BC?

Thanked by 2netomx GoodHosting

Comments

• He might be on vacation...

• I haven't seen that guy post for weeks actually.

• PremiumN said: He might be on vacation...

... and took my VM along I guess.

• @Caveman I have no idea what you're trying to say... :)

• sleddog said: @Caveman I have no idea what you're trying to say... :)

Often times when a topic such as this one is started, @GoodHosting responds with a rather large (and essay-like) post. This is what @Caveman is trying to say, and it made me chuckle.

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited November 2014

DalekOfSkaro said: Often times when a topic such as this one is started, @GoodHosting responds with a rather large (and essay-like) post.

Thanks for reminding me... pity he's not as prolific in his helpdesk :)

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited November 2014

Hello @sleddog ,

We are already aware of an issue with the node " cx14 " that has caused this specific host node to lock up. All of your data is completely safe, as it is on the SAN servers. We are currently helping users in manually creating their VMs on other host nodes to get around this issue. This does not affect all Chicago users, only those on the " cx14 " host node.

Hello @Caveman122 ,

Thanks for the chuckle!

Hello @DalekOfSkaro ,

I'm never given many alternative choice(s).

Since this thread is already here, I will update this thread as our investigations conclude today.

• LeeLee Veteran

@sleddog said:

I am surprised at you for using them.

edited November 2014

@W1V_Lee said:

We have greatly improved our services since the rocky start in our new location with owned hardware (there were bound to be some issues, going from an entirely rented model to an entirely owned model, with a completely new deployment plan.

As we stated in our "essay-long posts", we take on all critisicm from customers, providers, and non-customers towards our service and improve it.

I would gladly take you on as a client for a free evaluation period considering, on a decent plan as well [200 CPU Units, 2GB RAM, 40GB SSD+RAID10, 2 IPv4 Addresses, Unmetered fair-use Bandwidth, free for 3 months]. Feel free to contact me via PM or LiveChat to get that set up.

• @OP - Please pass me the ticket number so I can update you personally on your situation.

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited November 2014

W1V_Lee said: I am surprised at you for using them.

Just doing my bit to support fellow Canadian entrepreneurs :) Using it only as a Ubuntu 14 LTS web-hosting test box.

GoodHosting said: We are already aware of an issue with the node " cx14 "

Would've been nice if you shared that info sometime over the past two days....

• @sleddog said:
    Would've been nice if you shared that info sometime over the past two days....

The issue with " cx14 " was reported now 1 day, 6 hours ago via Support Ticket; wherein it was described in detail from our outside monitoring services, who reported they were no longer able to communicate with their metrics agent, and filed a ticket with us. We then immediately put into play what we learned from the storage incident, and stabilized the situation instead of placing efforts in communication (we have not yet hired additional support staff since the storage issue, and are still interviewing possible individuals.)

We stabilized the situation 18 hours ago, after a full scan of all VMs that were in contact with host node " cx14 " over the last 72 hours (to be safe, we also scanned migrations in and out of the node over the last 72 hours, to ensure that there was no data corruption.) We were preparing a document this morning FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE (no pun intended) discussing the issue in detail, as well as what we have learned from this situation.

Please tell me your ticket number so I can ensure your issue is settled quickly, especially if you reported this issue before our monitoring team did, as this shows an issue in our monitoring.

• GoodHosting said: The issue with " cx14 " was reported now 1 day, 6 hours ago via Support Ticket; wherein it was described in detail from our outside monitoring services, who reported they were no longer able to communicate with their metrics agent, and filed a ticket with us. We then immediately put into play what we learned from the storage incident, and stabilized the situation instead of placing efforts in communication (we have not yet hired additional support staff since the storage issue, and are still interviewing possible individuals.)

We stabilized the situation 18 hours ago, after a full scan of all VMs that were in contact with host node " cx14 " over the last 72 hours (to be safe, we also scanned migrations in and out of the node over the last 72 hours, to ensure that there was no data corruption.) We were preparing a document this morning FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE (no pun intended) discussing the issue in detail, as well as what we have learned from this situation.

Please tell me your ticket number so I can ensure your issue is settled quickly, especially if you reported this issue before our monitoring team did, as this shows an issue in our monitoring.

Awesome, you must be technically quite proficient.

In which case you can find my ticket in your queue without my help.

Hint: it's unanswered.

Thanked by 4Lee Nekki ATHK Dylan
  • Blablabla

How about responding to tickets instead of wasting time talking gibberish in here.

edited November 2014

Hello All ,

This issue should be solved,

Applicable credits have been issued (2 months for annual purchasers, full month for monthly purchasers.) If you have missed a credit, or feel an incorrect amount; please open a "Billing" Support Ticket with us, and we will gladly sort this issue out for you.

Please note again that this issue was only on the CHI1 cluster, and only on host node CX14 .

@OP - I couldn't actually find any tickets that were described as the opening post, opened 36 hours prior to this thread; etc. If your ticket was misplaced, I do apologize; but I am seeing all tickets as closed off or answered on my end.

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited November 2014

GoodHosting said: This issue should be solved,

It is.

@OP - I couldn't actually find any tickets that were described as the opening post, opened 36 hours prior to this thread

30 hours, not 36 :) No matter, reply received.

• Down again. Boring.

edited November 2014

@Upstage said:
    Down again. Boring.

Nothing is down again..? All sixteen host nodes in our Chicago cluster are reporting fine, within 15 second resolution reporting to the chassis. Our BHS1 and FOX1 nodes are also still operational at the time of writing.

• eddynetwebeddynetweb Member
    edited November 2014

Whoops.