Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google Apps (email, calendar, contacts) sync (free accounts) with Microsoft Outlook 2013
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google Apps (email, calendar, contacts) sync (free accounts) with Microsoft Outlook 2013

A good deal of folks here are using Google Apps (free accounts with domains). Anyone sync with Outlook (especially version 2013) including Calendar? Google Apps no longer support exchange activesync. So calendar/contacts support is not good anymore. I know google offers sync (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gappssync) but last I checked that does not work with calendar. Is anyone successfully using Outlook with Google Apps Free with cal + contacts?

Comments

• I believe ActiveSync is only for Google Apps Paid. My free gapps account refuse to do activesync too.

Thanked by 1aFriend
  • Caveman122 said: My free gapps account refuse to do activesync too.

If you used it before it was upgraded to pay you were grandfathered in on those accounts.

Thanked by 1aFriend
  • And by extension, if you did not use it prior to the upgrade to pay, you likely will not be able to use it.

As much as I truly love Google products (I use them regularly) and as much as I love Google Apps (I have free accounts associated with several domains) if you want full Microsoft compatibility, sticking with Microsoft products is probably your best bet in the long run.

Thanked by 1aFriend
  • I finally gave up on Outlook and use eM Client now. Don't know if that's an option for you, but it works very well with Google Apps mail/calendar/contacts/tasks.

Thanked by 1aFriend
  • Thx. The functionality I miss most from Outlook is "Thread compression" when there are 30 replies, I want to run the compressor and just keep the latest message and delete the earlier ones. Do you folks know of any such functionality?

Ive tried eM Client.. its pretty good - except it doesnt do thread compression.

• aFriend said: Ive tried eM Client.. its pretty good - except it doesnt do thread compression.

I've tried other clients. Outlook is literally a decade ahead of the competition. There is no one that has the feature set of that of Outlook.