Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

who can use the UP/DOWN arrow in Dell DRAC...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

who can use the UP/DOWN arrow in Dell DRAC...

being fucked by that Java, can't enter BIOS on my IPMI...

Comments

• Which DRAC is it? Is it a real one or a rebadged MegaRAC?

• Spin up a vultr vm with linux or windows near the DC the server is located in and give it a try. It sounds like your trying to do from halfway across the world.

Thanked by 1J1021
  • @MarkTurner said:
    Which DRAC is it? Is it a real one or a rebadged MegaRAC?

Dell/DRAC it's a real one I think

• @aggressivenetworks said:
    Spin up a vultr vm with linux or windows near the DC the server is located in and give it a try. It sounds like your trying to do from halfway across the world.

tried,,, but can't work

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited November 2014

lewissue said: Dell/DRAC it's a real one I think

Which system is it, thats the easiest way to determine this. There are a lot of the ex-Facebook units floating around right now and those are MegaRAC which is completely broken.

• @MarkTurner said:

its System is Java...

• No I mean which Dell model is this?

• @MarkTurner said:
    No I mean which Dell model is this?

System Information
    Manufacturer    Dell
    Product Name    CS24-TY
    Product Serial Number   4Q5SPN1

• Check the firmware version, you may need to ask your service provider to upgrade the firmware. These Dell systems are more than likely the units that came out of Facebook. Facebook only used the basic IPMI support on them for power/reset so none of the other functions were properly tested/configured. A firmware update should/may address the remote console problem.

• @MarkTurner said:
    Check the firmware version, you may need to ask your service provider to upgrade the firmware. These Dell systems are more than likely the units that came out of Facebook. Facebook only used the basic IPMI support on them for power/reset so none of the other functions were properly tested/configured. A firmware update should/may address the remote console problem.

thx:) I'll ask him to do so

• Which provider are you with?

• lewissuelewissue Member
    edited November 2014

@0xdragon said:
    Which provider are you with?

that quadix now...let me have a test

• Well I got a dedi and the drac works execpt it times out on the viewer and virtual media Which i had to reboot about 4-5 times to get it quit logging me out of the virutal kvm.

• @aggressivenetworks said:
    Well I got a dedi and the drac works execpt it times out on the viewer and virtual media Which i had to reboot about 4-5 times to get it quit logging me out of the virutal kvm.

here it also works if you don't use the UP/DOWN arrows

• Try the other arrows. I.e. if you tried the 4 arrows that are just arrows, try the ones on the numeric keypad too.