Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google Apps domain free - need help
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google Apps domain free - need help

hello,

I have a domain with Google Apps domain, for 10 users.

I need to have more than 10 users.

Is it possible to buy a domain name with 50 users, and make a transfer?

Thank you for your advice and help.

Comments

• TheKillerTheKiller Member
    edited October 2014

No, you cannot transfer one domain licenses to other. The licenses are attached with the domains it self.

You can buy a domain with more users instead of thinking about increasing.

However you can add your desired domain to Gapps account and create email addresses for the users.

• Yes, but data transferring May be a little complicated

• RocksterRockster Member
    edited October 2014

said: I have a domain with Google Apps domain, for 10 users. ... Is it possible to buy a domain name with 50 users, and make a transfer?

Direct transfer or domain swapping isn't possible. You can use this domain as secondary domain with new account however to do that you would need to cancel this account and then wait some time first.

Thanked by 1HammadKhan
  • its not possible

• If you just need the email, you can back it up first using Google's IMAP server so that you get something stored locally.

Thanked by 2netomx TheKiller
  • @zhuanyi said:
    If you just need the email, you can back it up first using Google's IMAP server so that you get something stored locally.

Then sell the 10 user domain for a little money back ;)

Thanked by 2TheKiller zhuanyi
  • Do you mean how to transfer data from 10 users account to 50 users account?

I know the method for email. You need to setup IMAP in Outlook, so email from clients and server will be the same.

After you delete your old domain from 10 users account, and create same users in 50 users account, Outlook will auto sync your emails from clients to server.