Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Viking Layer | 1 MONTH FREE 256MB VPS! | DDoS Protected | France
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Viking Layer | 1 MONTH FREE 256MB VPS! | DDoS Protected | France

VikingLayerVikingLayer Member
edited October 2014 in Offers

Viking Layer is a newly started hosting provider based in Sweden. Our aim is to provide affordable and high performance virtual servers. We've come up with two exclusive offers for LET/LEB.

We've set a large focus on DDoS-Protection and that's the reason why we chose OVH Roubaix as our first location. Our nodes have their Anti-DDoS Pro service enabled, wich has some extra features over the normal service, one being permanent mitigation. This means that our servers are perfect for customers running services at risk of attacks (Ex. Game or Voice Servers).

SPECIAL - FIRST MONTH FREE! OpenVZ - 256MB:
256MB RAM
1 CPU Core
25GB HDD Storage
100Mbps Connection
500GB Bandwidth
Manual Approval
Coupon Code: 256SPECIAL
€0 First Month (There after €1.95)
Order Here

OpenVZ - 1024MB:
1024MB RAM
2 CPU Cores
100GB HDD Storage
1Gbps Connection
2TB Bandwidth
Instant Setup!
Coupon Code: 1024LEB
€3.95/mo (Normally €6)
Order Here

OpenVZ - 2048MB:
2048MB RAM
4 CPU Cores
125GB HDD Storage
1Gbps Connection
3TB Bandwidth
Instant Setup!
Coupon Code: 2048LEB
€5.45/mo (Normally €12)
Order Here

Network Information
OVH - Roubaix, France
Test IPv4: 5.196.116.1
Test IPv6: 2001:41d0:2:e0bc::1:1337
Download Test: http://188.165.12.106/files/1Gb.dat

Node Specifications:
Intel Xeon E5-1600 Series CPU (3.6Ghz+)
64GB RAM
3x2TB HDD

General Information:
Based in Sweden
PayPal and BitPay Business Verified

TOS/AUP (Short Version)
If your VPS is found to be degrading the performance of other VPSs, you will be notified via ticket and asked to reduce your usage. If you fail to comply, we may terminate your server. Please read the full Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy before signing up.

Comments

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited October 2014

Please accept my apologies for becoming a bit off topic, but what exactly is a "Viking Layer"? I mean, I understand the Viking <-> Sweden thing, but what does "Layer" mean in that context?

• edited October 2014

Your website and offer looks very composed and well done. Thanks for indicating that you are using OVH, very professional! However there is no indication on your website that you are using OVH or the OVH location, since OVH has some very prohibitive network limitations in place it would be great if you could at least provide a looking glass on your website so knowledgable customers can now about it since some use cases render OVH useless despite having a great european network. And yes i know i can check where you hosted your website but i assume a lot of people host their whmcs/SolusVM master on OVH servers since that makes perfect sense.

Since you are located in Sweden and i could not find any info regarding the VAT on your wesite. Are you as a small business exempt from collecting the VAT?

• VikingLayerVikingLayer Member
    edited October 2014

@Amitz said:
    Please accept my apologies for becoming a bit off topic, but what exactly is a "Viking Layer"? I mean, I understand the Viking <-> Sweden thing, but what does "Layer" mean in that context?

Sure, it may be a silly name but we think it works. It's a spinoff from SoftLayer, PrivateLayer and such. As for the meaning, it's up to you I guess.

@Admiral_Awesome said:
    Your website and offer looks very composed and well done. Thanks for indicating that you are using OVH, very professional! However there is no indication on your website that you are using OVH or the OVH location, since OVH has some very prohibitive network limitations in place it would be great if you could at least provide a looking glass on your website so knowledgable customers can now about it since some use cases render OVH useless despite having a great european network.

Since you are located in Sweden and i could not find any info regarding the VAT on your wesite. Are you as a small business exempt from collecting the VAT?

Our website is not entierly done yet and there's a few more features and information to add. We will make sure to write out all of our Datacenter and Network information on the site for people interested and we will definitely look in to adding a Looking Glass!

As for the VAT, we're not a registered buisniess yet meaning that this is ran by me as an Induvidual. We've made sure with Skatteverket that this is fine (on a smaller level), however i'm in the process of registering a sole proprietorship.

I couldn't help but notice your signature. We've so far had two clients who abused their services. One was sending out attacks and another one hosting copyrighted images, OVH blocked ony those IPs and contacted us about the issue and it got resolved quickly. So we haven't noticed that at all.

Thanks for your kind words!

• edited October 2014

VikingLayer said: I couldn't help but notice your signature. We've so far had two clients who abused their services. One was sending out attacks and another one hosting copyrighted images, OVH blocked ony those IPs and contacted us about the issue and it got resolved quickly. So we haven't noticed that at all.

As far as i know OVH has currently a 3 Strike policy. It probably also depends on the actual individual offense and which OVH technician deals with the issue.

I think if people are open about the termination issues regarding hosting OpenVZ/KVM customers, OVH might change their ways. Perhaps they already have, only time will tell.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited October 2014

VikingLayer said: Sure, it may be a silly name but we think it works. It's a spinoff from SoftLayer, PrivateLayer and such. As for the meaning, it's up to you I guess.

Thank you for the explanation! I guessed something like this but was wondering whether there might be a deeper meaning that I did not grasp. All the best with your offer!

Admiral_Awesome said: Beware: OVH is known to terminate entire Accounts if one customer does something OVH considers abusive.
    Account Termination is therefore a big probability if you Host OpenVZ/KVM customers on OVH servers.

Is your signature on a mission? ;-)

Thanked by 1VikingLayer
  • nadznadz Member
    edited October 2014

I take the trial offer as my first EU vps. Approval on process (edit - active in 3 minutes. wow!). Hope going well. :)

Thanked by 1forkland
  • [root@vps ~]# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 3599.850 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 256 MB
    Total amount of swap : 0 MB
    System uptime : 11 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 25.9MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 5.16MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 6.82MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 2.92MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 13.8MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 93.0MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 6.23MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 14.3MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 13.4MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 24.1MB/s
    I/O speed : 1.2 GB/s

Thanked by 2forkland VikingLayer
  • oh very good now I have VPS.

• @VikingLayer > Still waiting for affordable Swedish VPS offers ;)

• @fitvpn said:
    VikingLayer > Still waiting for affordable Swedish VPS offers ;)

We're working on it, but finding affordable (and high-quality) providers in Sweden is a bit of a mission. We're currently talking to a few companies :)

• 1,3GB/s

CPU model : Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz

Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 3599.850 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 256 MB
    Total amount of swap : 0 MB
    System uptime : 18 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 11.1MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 7.96MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 9.99MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 2.89MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 40.7MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 82.1MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 4.91MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 9.02MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 8.52MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 11.0MB/s
    I/O speed : 1.3 GB/s

• 1.3 GB sounds like ploop

• Got mine within a few minutes. Thanks!

• 1 day and the free trial is out of stock. Too soon...

• @windytime90 said:
    1 day and the free trial is out of stock. Too soon...

We have a few more servers in stock now, we'll see how long it lasts :)

• @Admiral_Awesome said:
    it would be great if you could at least provide a looking glass on your website so knowledgable customers can now about it since some use cases render OVH useless despite having a great european network.

Our looking glass is up and running now!
    http://rbx1.vikinglayer.com/lg/

Thanked by 1Admiral_Awesome
  • Hi, looks like you've changed the 256MB offer. When you click the order link it shows 12€ annually.

Are the other conditions unchanged for that price? I would go for it if it has a 1GBit Connection.

• VikingLayerVikingLayer Member
    edited November 2014

@foetti said:
    Hi, looks like you've changed the 256MB offer. When you click the order link it shows 12€ annually.

Are the other conditions unchanged for that price? I would go for it if it has a 1GBit Connection.

There was a slight error with that plan, sorry. Our normal port speed is 1Gbps with the 256MB Plan, only trials where limited to 100Mbps. All other specifications are the same.