Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS $12/Year Plan
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS $12/Year Plan

jshinklejshinkle Member
edited July 2012 in Offers

We sure did take one from BuyVM. Thanks Francisco. :)

ChicagoVPS is offering $12/year OpenVZ plan's now. This isn't a promotion either, we are offering as part of our regular packages.

Spec's include:

128MB RAM
10GB HDD
100GB BW @ 100Mbit
Order Link - Chicago: http://billing.chicagovps.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=73
Order Link - Buffalo: http://billing.chicagovps.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=74

Thanks!

Thanked by 2LES djvdorp

Comments

• Nice offer! I will stick with my SecureDragon VPS, though. :)

• eastoncheastonch Member
    edited July 2012

Oooooerr....

• @Jeffrey,

You should come to the dark side ;)

• @Jack,

The difference being we are ChicagoVPS, they are BuyVM. I cannot copy them directly, i would get rode like a pony...

• eastoncheastonch Member
    edited July 2012

@Jack good point...

I would much prefer that package :']

Edit:
    @Jshinkle You could add some burst, maybe?

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Very tempting

• @jshinkle No need to. I have another yearly paid VPS also, with AlienVPS. Their $19/Year Plan.

• @eastonch, We don't support burst, so there is no need for it.

The package is as it is for now. It really is a take it or leave it package.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited July 2012

I expected something like this after announced buyVM move to Buffalo and ipxcore with their 50c/m plan migration to same place. Competition is good for us consumers, but then again... poor Damian...

• DamianDamian Member

@Spirit said: Poor Damian...

I'm actually quite glad there are so many other offers now. Anyone can offer $6 Xen VPSes; who can offer $1 OVZ VPSes and not suck at it? Competition is paramount in this market. Lower the water, expose the rocks.

• SpiritSpirit Member

We will see.. with now atleast 3 budget providers on same locations. @Damian you seems ok guy however I am afraid that it will be hard to compete with your "uplink" in same location in same budget segment.

• TaylorTaylor Member

@jshinkle said: This isn't a promotion either, we are offering as part of our regular packages.

@jshinkle if its part of your regular plans who doesnt the promo code LEBad work?

• @Taylor

Promo codes don't work for it since it is already cheap enough.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@jshinkle nice dude, too bad I got more than 9 VPS :( if not, I would use you. Good luck with sales! =)

• TaylorTaylor Member

@jshinkle said: Promo codes don't work for it since it is already cheap enough.

>

So its better value then your regular packages? :P Sounds more like a promo to me.

• http://www.chicagovps.net/openvz.html

If it was a promo, it wouldn't be listed as a regular package. :)

• @Jshinkle

I have a quick question, now that IPXCore is happily sitting in your area of a DC.

Does their network dropouts mean, that you also are having these issues? I would love to check for myself; but alas I cancelled my subscription to your 2GB Plan after I didnt have a use for it.

Thanks,
    Chris.

• bobbybobby Member

No eta on IPv6?

• @Eastonch, Yes and No. We come off of the same core, but different core switches in Buffalo. So far we have had little issue with our network there.

We keep working with Damian and IPXCore to get everything tip-top.

• @Bobby, I scream and kick daily for it.

• @jshinkle you're saying like, core switches provided by buffalo dc or provided by yourselves/ipx?

Sounds like one is a little newer than the other :D

• We utilize brocade switches for most of our environments. I cannot talk about IPXCore's stuff. IF they want to, they can :)

• Ah; fair enough @Jshinkle :'] hope all issues are resolved and everything comes back into sync...

• LAKidLAKid Member

what's the burstable ram?

• bobbybobby Member

@jshinkle do they reply?

• LAKidLAKid Member

• makazemakaze Member

Not bad :) debian is pretty low resource.. below is debian with only nginx and all the other garbage removed.

total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 128 11 116 0 0 0 -/+ buffers/cache: 11 116 Swap: 0 0 0

• Thanks guys, always nice to have another choice in the $1-2 a month range

• bobbybobby Member

As long as no ipv6, quickpacket 128+256-vswap/20gb-hd/500gb bw is a much better deal. Mine: 19:19:05 up 105 days, 19:53