Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Context thread... what else costs exactly $7 ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Context thread... what else costs exactly $7 ?

AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
edited October 2014 in General

Just for fun :)

must be exactly $7

All-purpose bucket
Features pouring spouts on both sides
Notches on the bottom for fingers to help with pou
Sturdy handle with an extra thick comfort grip
Plastic

http://www.amazon.com/The-Libman-Company-Purpose-Bucket/dp/B00A8I93IO/ref=sr_1_371?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1414541454&sr=1-371&keywords=bucket

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider
    edited October 2014

$7 footlong sub from Subway

Thanked by 2sijie123 netomx
  • 7 minutes on a marketing guru phone call with me :)

• Hot dog from the Corner shop
    4.8 Litres of Petroleum (1.26803) Gallons from my closest Service Station

Other then that, Nothing comes to mind.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@AutoSnipe said:
    Hot dog from the Corner shop

Looks like I'm having a hot dog for lunch...

• AutoSnipeAutoSnipe Member
    edited October 2014
  • Protection from accidental/intentional DDosing, with this certified ethical, vegan and fair trade stuff $6.99

http://shop.glydeamerica.com/glyde-ultra-organic-strawberry-4-pack/

• For $7, you can get 28 full, hearty 100% non-oversold cranks of a supermarket candy machine

Thanked by 2ATHK Pwner
  • Do you love Cheap Tees and Surprises? Then Once Upon a Tee has the answer for you. The Randomizer!

Our Randomizer is special because it is available for ONLY $7! Much like our other randomizers, this one is a discounted shirt that allows you to pick a size and let the generator do the work for you! Except this time around, it’s a random shirt from one of our past collections!

When checking out, tell us your favorite Fandom in the “Order Notes” section and we will try our best to match your random shirts up to your likes and dislikes! Keep in mind we cannot guarantee that we can fulfill your request, but we will try our best.

onceuponatee.net/shop/randomizer-for-everyone-else/

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

said: All-purpose bucket

Useful to drain dead pools!

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2014

Xe.com tells me that $7 is 51.31SEK.
    Can't find anything here for that price so I took the liberty to lower the SEK to 49.90. Thats below $7.

Found this at 75% discount http://www.kjell.com/sortiment/hus-halsa-fritid/verktyg/lodning/lodkolvar/lodkolvset-p40060

Could probably find alot of other things in that price range.

• A box of Dolce Gusto coffee capsules is around $7 here (more like 5 EUR, but it's almost the same).

• I can eat a full lunch with that. (Soup, sandwich and a soda)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390662687490

Well, not exactly 7$ but close. I decided to give my old thin client a boost with a class 10 flash card but CFs are really expensive so got an adapter and a 16 GB micro SD.

• A bucket of horse manure.

• $7 = £4.34 | 10 Lambert & Butler Cigarettes.

• $7 = 5.49EUR - One pack of Marlboro

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

$7 worth of peanuts is worth exactly $7

Thanked by 3trewq ucxo netomx
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@William said:
    $7 = 5.49EUR - One pack of Marlboro

That is one thing i was never sad it goes up in price. I hope the legalization of other drugs than marijuana, tobacco and alcohol + various OTC medications will keep the same prices they have in the street now and the difference between production, distribution and marketing(!) costs will go in taxes.

• £4.50 ($7.20) - Medium Donner Kebab at my local takeaway.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • You pay 7$ for a kebab? It's 2,80EUR here and like 15cm diameter...

• linuxthefish said: £4.50 ($7.20) - Medium Donner Kebab at my local takeaway.

Kebabs = <3

Thanked by 1linuxthefish

William said: You pay 7$ for a kebab? It's 2,80EUR here and like 15cm diameter...

Welcome to England, official inflation rate, around 3.5% actual inflation rate 20% year on year.

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited October 2014

@William said:
    You pay 7$ for a kebab? It's 2,80EUR here and like 15cm diameter...

If you think that's bad you should see how much dominos charge for pizza, like $30 for large...

https://linuxthefish.net/ss/Screenshot1206PM2906.png

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

where i live in croatia, for 7 usd you can get best big pizza on the menu.
    Jubmo for about 10 usd. Half liter beer for 2 usd, and liter of unleaded 95 for little less than 2 usd. Average monthy earnings are 600€.

Thanked by 1Corey
  • wychwych Member
    edited October 2014

@drserver said:
    Half liter beer for 2 usd, and liter of unleaded 95 for little less than 2 usd.

Can I bunk with you? ;)

@linuxthefish I only get Dominos when they do the voucher drops in the area... Two for £20 or something similar and I still feel ripped off!

• wych said: @linuxthefish I only get Dominos when they do the voucher drops in the area... Two for £20 or something similar and I still feel ripped off!

Being a student I get 2 for 1 all year 'round at Dominos!

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

wych said: Can I bunk with you? ;)

I am always after good drinking buddy...

edited October 2014

Yep a Chinese take away for example I ordered 2 x bean curd and black bean sauce with 2 x boiled rice a few days ago (out of desperation I usually cook all my own food) cost £22 delivered, which is around $35

• @kcaj said:
    Being a student I get 2 for 1 all year 'round at Dominos!

When I was at uni we just got free 5" pizzas all the time with some vouchers they gave?

@drserver said:
    I am always after good drinking buddy...

Woo!

@AnthonySmith said:
    Yep a Chinese take away for example I ordered 2 x bean curd and black bean sauce with 2 x boiled rice a few days ago (out of desperation I usually cook all my own food) cost £22 delivered, which is around $35

I still can't get over how expensive Chinese food has become, god help you if you want Egg Fried Rice/Soft Noodles instead!

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited October 2014

wych said: When I was at uni we just got free 5" pizzas all the time with some vouchers they gave?

That too. We got vouchers for a free personal pizza (7") at the start of term or upgrade to a small pizza (9.5") for £1. Got a voucher for the same promotion again after Christmas.