Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Someone really wants providers to move out of LET ?? Or should I say they want to put LET down.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Someone really wants providers to move out of LET ?? Or should I say they want to put LET down.

Today I had a very decent attack on my node , Its still continuing too...., Already mitigation is in process but still what are they getting by doing this ?? I really thing someone is hunting each and every provider in LET or only 1 provider in LET hunting others down...

Too sad for them hope they get a life to live rather than spoiling other's shit.

Comments

• Ignoring it is the best thing you can do, opening a thread just makes them proud of what they're doing.

• You should close ASAP, what a rare thing to get a ddos attack!

Thanked by 1akz
  • Attacks are commonplace, checkout the Cest Pit.

• @linuxthefish , stop being sarcastic

• A message from Lord sz1.

• @wych said:
    checkout the Cest Pit.

Or wait for @kcaj to chime in.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • wych said: Or wait for @kcaj to chime in.

Just making sure people hear his cry, I'm a stickler for obeying orders from Lord sz1.

• said: Too sad for them hope they get a life to live rather than spoiling other's shit.

I'm surprised someone want to ddos you

• @namhuy said:

really? I am never surprised by what I see on LET now.

• @kcaj said:
    A message from Lord sz1.

What name? I don't know his name, all I know is sz1hosting HOSTINGandVPS sz1 szsocial
    Which one of those we should not mention?

said: Today I had a very decent attack on my node

Very decent would be ...?

• @namhuy said:

What do you mean ?

• @vedran said:
    Very decent would be ...?

Neat DDOS to be precise .

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited October 2014

vedran said: What name? I don't know his name, all I know is sz1hosting HOSTINGandVPS sz1 szsocial Which one of those we should not mention?

And, uh oh.

Thanked by 2vedran comXyz
  • DDoS can be measured in Gbit/s or PPS or maybe in some other way? So how much are you getting?

Can you share some graphs, we all love graphs

kcaj said: And, uh oh.

Run to the hills!

Thanked by 2namhuy Mark_R
  • @VPSRAIDSolutions just ignore the DDOS, they will get tired one day.

• I wonder if we can get a text filter that will change the forbidden terms to various slang terms for faeces? Solves a number of issues I think.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @kcaj awkward... does he not believe in freedom of speech?

• Too bad law enforcement doesn't get involved in stuff like this. It'd be real interesting if they did.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • @OP That's what you get for hosting skids. Anyone with something worthwhile to host that their livelihood depends on will use RamNode, BuyVM or one of the other established providers like Linode. There is no good reason to host with a provider who has these kind of issues. It could also be a customer you may have pissed off. Two nodes in a rack can't really be considered a hosting company, otherwise it would barely bother you. Your English could use some work. Anyway, best of luck mate.

Thanked by 1justscheduled
  • @GVH_Eric said:
    Too bad law enforcement doesn't get involved in stuff like this. It'd be real interesting if they did.

They actually do when Law Enforcement own website get ddosed.

• @TarballZ said:
    OP That's what you get for hosting skids. Anyone with something worthwhile to host that their livelihood depends on will use RamNode, BuyVM or one of the other established providers like Linode. There is no good reason to host with a provider who has these kind of issues. It could also be a customer you may have pissed off. Two nodes in a rack can't really be considered a hosting company, otherwise it would barely bother you. Your English could use some work. Anyway, best of luck mate.

All my customers are happy customers I haven't pissed anyone off I was going through the attack and found out it was done on one of my client's VPS which affected the whole node.

It turned out to be a review VPS which I gave to a client and turned out to be a disaster.

I'll take your comment positively , strive to improve. And yea the day will come when You will take back these words for sure.

• @VPSRAIDSolutions don't LET bad comments LET you down mate;)

• @vRozenSch00n said:
    VPSRAIDSolutions don't LET bad comments LET you down mate ;)

The world is no good place to live in as it is , If this is what it takes to let me down I wouldn't be around more than a month or 2 but here I am gonna celebrate my company's birthday in 5 days.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Not everything is related. Keep in mind that having an IP address is valid justification for an attack these days.

Thanked by 2Corey mikho
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2014

@vedran said:
    What name? I don't know his name, all I know is sz1hosting HOSTINGandVPS sz1 szsocial Which one of those we should not mention?

Probably should just avoid saying things like "Hostingandvps is skid shit."

Thanked by 1vedran
  • I'm confused. Are we not allowed to say sz1host... or voldemo.... Is this an episode of Harry Potter or LET?

• TarballZTarballZ Member
    edited October 2014

@vRozenSch00n said:
    VPSRAIDSolutions don't LET bad comments LET you down mate;)

Or he'll be long long deadptol and forgotten. Not trying to be mean, just don't like people who create drama. Random or non random DDoS is a non event, and statements like the title of this thread are meant to create drama, conflict and draw attention to the OP two rack hosting service. The bottom line is that no one is stopping the OP from leaving here, just don't talk for every provider that is present on this forum. Hobby providers like the OP aren't meant to service serious businesses, but rather hobbyists and skids.

• edited October 2014

@TarballZ said:
    Or he'll be long long deadptol and forgotten. Not trying to be mean, just don't like people who create drama. Random or non random DDoS is a non event, and statements like the title of this thread are meant to create drama, conflict and draw attention to the OP two rack hosting service. The bottom line is that no one is stopping the OP from leaving here, just don't talk for every provider that is present on this forum. Hobby providers like the OP aren't meant to service serious businesses, but rather hobbyists and skids.

We'll see about that. I do love the challenge.

Coming to the second point you've mentioned I think all agreee LET has been down lately.

I dont have a 2 rack node only a single.

Drawing attention to what exactly ? And when similar post was done by @serverian I haven't seen you there.

There are better locations and providers with multiple nodes than me. So why would I draw attention ?

Not everyone starts off with a huge budget to be precise. But surely you'll be watching our progress.

• @kcaj said:

I wonder what plan of Cloudflare LET uses, (Better not be the free one)

• kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited October 2014

Too strong... (And somehow felt a tad too rude too) but I do feel that the thread is unnecessary (Not to mention the number of threads the OP has opened shortly