Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Build Cyanogenmod kernel on a fake Android phone
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Build Cyanogenmod kernel on a fake Android phone

zhuanyizhuanyi Member
edited October 2014 in General

So this past weekend my girlfriend bought what she thought was a Samsung Galaxy S5 (and cost her close to 500 USD for it) off someone in Kijiji, turned out it is a fake version that is hidden so well that even Android apps like Antutu Benchmark can't detect it.

And now of course the guy just disappeared...sucks for us and now she doesn't want to use the phone so it becomes my little experimental machine.

I know a few people on this forum compiles their own Android kernels and this is something I want to try on this phone as well (if I can), however here is the caveat, the phone's real hardware info is completely masked (i.e., the build.prop file was changed) so I am yet even able to find the real hardware info of the phone.

My questions are,

Is it possible to get the real hardware info off this phone somehow? I think it is actually this one but I can't be 100% sure:

http://www.needrom.com/download/hdc-s5-sm-g900s/

and

Assuming it is possible, how difficult it would be to port Cyanogenmod to this phone?

Thanks!

Comments

• i found this:

Serie Mediatek
    Codename Cortex-A7
    Taktung 1300 MHz
    Level 1 Cache 128 KB
    Level 2 Cache 512 KB
    Anzahl von Kernen / Threads 4 / 4
    Herstellungstechnologie 28 nm
    Features Mali-400 MP2 @ 500 MHz, HSPA+, TD-SCDMA, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, FM

Thanked by 1zhuanyi
  • @William said:
    i found this:

Serie Mediatek
    Codename Cortex-A7
    Taktung 1300 MHz
    Level 1 Cache 128 KB
    Level 2 Cache 512 KB
    Anzahl von Kernen / Threads 4 / 4
    Herstellungstechnologie 28 nm
    Features Mali-400 MP2 @ 500 MHz, HSPA+, TD-SCDMA, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, FM

Wow they must have overclocked the CPU by a lot as it was running at 2.5GHz...no idea how long the lifespan of this thing would be, just thought it might be fun if I can do something useful out of this expensive fake...

• Just wanna share a quick update. I was able to get the phone flashed with the Miui ROM, there is a free app called MobileUncle in Android that will show the real mobo and chips, etc. Once you find that, go to http://www.needrom.com/ and search for that. that's how I found the ROMs I need anyways.

Thanked by 1karjaj