Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Self-host your own "cloud" services with Ansible
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Self-host your own "cloud" services with Ansible

rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
edited October 2014 in Tutorials

Just found something nifty:

Some "things to do" with your VPS, while also getting rid of Google and other "cloud" services.

Personally I did not try these instructions as I don't use Ansible, but already have a similar set of services set up and running on my hosts managed by my own custom scripts and manually, so I can confirm that getting rid of third-party proprietary "cloud" services feels amazing, is not difficult at all, and of course, with LEBs, can be very cheap.

Comments

• Looks really good, I already have most of that stuff setup although I'll create a dev box and test it.

• Yunohost is also pretty good for those looking to build their own cloud. :)

I'll have to give this a shot too. I've always wanted to mess with ansible.

• Wow, pretty nice :)

• I am going to give this a try. Thanks for the share.!

• Looks good.

• Bookmarked, will check it tomorrow.
    Thank you for the share :)

• I really like the idea of having this on one server, have been looking for a proper email software/groupware for ages. Would I need to deploy Ansible first to have this working?

• @heachhog said:
    I really like the idea of having this on one server, have been looking for a proper email software/groupware for ages. Would I need to deploy Ansible first to have this working?

I'm just guessing, but I think so, since the top of the page says "A set of Ansible playbooks to build and maintain your own private cloud: email, calendar, contacts, file sync, IRC bouncer, VPN, and more."