Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM KVM multiple subnets
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM KVM multiple subnets

SadySady Member
edited October 2014 in Help

Hello everyone,

I've a server which had /29 & it's fully utilized in my personal VMs so i got an additional /28 to fulfill my future needs & i want to route it but i'm not sure how to do so.

I've added usable IPs from /28 in SolusVM GUI but those aren't working, so i talked with SolusVM staff. They are saying that i'll need to bind usable IPs from /28 on br0 which is made for /29.

Can someone of you guide me how to do so ?

I'll really appreciate that.

Thank you !

Comments

• please msg me privately

• @Jack said:
    Which DC?

Colocrossing, From greenvaluehost

• If its on a vlan you just add it to the solus ip pool with the correct information and it should work. If it is not on a vlan you have to run a routed bridge configuration.

• @aggressivenetworks said:
    If its on a vlan you just add it to the solus ip pool with the correct information and it should work. If it is not on a vlan you have to run a routed bridge configuration.

Not sure how these are but i tried both of those, IPs are routing to server but VM from /28 are not able to connect to internet :( those from /29 are working fine. Can you guide me what to do ?

• Anyone who can help me ? :/

• @StephenIzzy said:
    Anyone who can help me ? :/

You need to add a route for the new range. Your containers probably don't know where they gateway is.

• @Corey said:

Thank you so much for you reply, i'm really a bit worried because of it :(

You mean needed to add routes on host or containers ? Here are the routes from host :

[root@kvm ~]# route -n

Kernel IP routing table

Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface

72.2xx.x24.72 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.248 U 0 0 0 br0

108.1xx.x3.192 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.240 U 0 0 0 br0

192.168.122.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 virbr0

169.254.0.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.0.0 U 1004 0 0 br0

0.0.0.0 72.2xx.x24.73 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 br0

0.0.0.0 108.1xx.x3.193 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 br0

Is there anything wrong in it ?

• Yes you need to add routes on the host, and I'm not sure if there is anything wrong with it as I am not too familiar with KVM.

• @Corey said:
    Yes you need to add routes on the host, and I'm not sure if there is anything wrong with it as I am not too familiar with KVM.

I've those routes on host itself but still not sure that what is wrong though :(