Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What exactly do you want to know ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What exactly do you want to know ?

BhuvanBhuvan Member
edited October 2014 in General

What do you want to know about a company in this industry. I've been studying LET customers for a long time and have been going through vpsboard. People seem to believe in a company only if they're good in presenting themselves on the website. ( personally I don't ). But still please mention

1.What are the main aspects you would like to know about a company when you're looking at it.

2. I personally believe in cheap price no quality. ( after recent CVPS / 123Sys / few others )

3. How many days do you need under buyer protection ( refund ) I believe in knowing the reasons before refunding but I will not stop refunds unless and until the IP has been abused.

4. Quite a few locations / types of vps are already conquered by good provides like RamNode / VPSDime / Winity / Backupsy / BuyVM.

A livestatus site which displays the service uptime of our servers.

A status site which displays any on-going work.

I want to keep things simple so please let me know what kind of vps you're looking for? I haven't seen these torrenting vps / vps that allow things again dmca so im most probably target those areas.

Comments

• GreenHostBoxGreenHostBox Member
    edited October 2014

There's always that one guy who is looking for 64GB RAM & 2TB SSD VPS for $1/m...

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited October 2014

Cheap price low quality is good for a seedbox/storage box, with spread out locations (since low latency is a must for streaming, errr... "Linux ISOs") but for something serious, I want to know the owner won't disappear over night, that they're a decent person who values privacy and won't go looking through the stuff, that they won't instantly cancel my service if I use too much CPU or get a DDOS or DMCA notice or anything like that, without letting me have a chance to rectify the issue first.

It's good to see knowledgeable providers on LET, and people who run their business like a full time job, because you don't want someone who simply set up a box with solusvm and a template to make a couple dollars over night or during their school holidays and then disappear.

• @hostnoob , how will you know if he's a summer host or not ?

• @GreenHostBox said:
    There's always that one guy who is looking for 64GB RAM & 2TB SSD VPS for $1/m...

Waiting for a coupon ;)

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • ausaus Member

@Bhuvan said:
    hostnoob , how will you know if he's a summer host or not ?

By looking at the plans :)

• @aus said:
    By looking at the plans :)

The cheaper he gets the faster he chickens out.

• @GreenHostBox said:
    64GB RAM & 2TB SSD VPS for $1/m...

I am not greedy. 32GB RAM is fine for me and I will pay that price. Do you have it? :D

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Devil said: I am not greedy. 32GB RAM is fine for me and I will pay that price. Do you have it? :D

Reverse auction. I'm in for 24GB at $1.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2014

In this industry there are 2 types of consumers, one who looks solely at the product and one who looks at the company itself. If you want to sell a service, just aim for low prices (and make sure you are well prepared for the stress and headaches that come with it). If you want to sell your company you will figuratively need to sell yourself like you would at a job interview and convince consumers to buy from you. There is no magic bullet set of answers to make people trust your company so you need to do the legwork here.

Start by answering questions that you ask yourself or a company before you buy, then search for threads on forums to see what information clients are looking for (asking people directly like this is nice, but raw data is always more beneficial than prepared data).

• KuJoe said: In this industry there are 2 types of consumers, one who looks solely at the product and one who looks at the company itself.

Exactly.

And the corollary of that is, there are two types of providers: one who wants to push cheap services for the short-term, and others who want to build a legitimate business.

@Bhuvan, If you want to sell me services you can start by describing yourself and your business. On your website. So I guess I'm KuJoe's Type 2 :)

• Bhuvan is indian name, from india?

• I love @KuJoe & his SecureDragon

• edited November 2014

@darknessends said:
    Bhuvan is indian name, from india?

Yes he is.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@Bhuvan said:

I want to keep things simple so please let me know what kind of vps you're looking for? I haven't seen these torrenting vps / vps that allow things again dmca so im most probably target those areas.

Good luck if you want to target that market sub-$7/month. Why do you think no one does it?