Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A small question about Indian vms
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A small question about Indian vms

edited October 2014 in General

Anyone would be interested in NAT based Indian VMs?? ranging from 512mb ram to 1GB with unmetered bandwidth @ shared 10 mbps port. VMware based though.

Comments

• Is bandwidth expensive there hence the 10mbps?

• edited October 2014

@JustJon said:
    Is bandwidth expensive there hence the 10mbps?

too expensive and its 1/8 not 1-1 ratio

• @JustJon said:
    Is bandwidth expensive there hence the 10mbps?

Bandwidth is more expensive than what you can imagine in 99% of Asian countries.

• Being no fun in my old age, I'd have to say no, I don't use any of my other cheap NATed VPS so I'm not going to pull the trigger on another.

• @Nekki said:
    Being no fun in my old age, I'd have to say no, I don't use any of my other cheap NATed VPS so I'm not going to pull the trigger on another.

Just asked it will be at my home with 12 hour power backup + fiber + AMD FX-8150

• @VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    Just asked it will be at my home with 12 hour power backup + fiber + AMD FX-8150

Get out.

• Fiber, and 10 mbps? Am I missing something, or what's the point of fiber?

• VikingLayerVikingLayer Member
    edited October 2014

@introducial said:
    Fiber, and 10 mbps? Am I missing something, or what's the point of fiber?

Yeah, the bandwidth prices in Asia are quite insane :)

• edited October 2014

@introducial said:
    Fiber, and 10 mbps? Am I missing something, or what's the point of fiber?

eligible for 100 mbps though bandwidth would be 200gb no more and post useage we get 8 mbps unlimited , fiber is connected to the provider's hub and is capped !

• @Nekki said:
    Get out.

lol

• edited October 2014

VPSRAIDSolutions said: too expensive and its 1/8 not 1-1 ratio

VPSRAIDSolutions said: it will be at my home

Because of these two items, the service would have to be DIRT cheap for it to be selected over other IPV4 NAT services.

• If I get you correctly, you're getting a 100 Mbps connection to your home with 200 GB data limit, right? How much do you pay for it?

• The home connection is not reliable,do do not

• @rajprakash said:

what config name your price i'll see what i can do

• @introducial said:
    If I get you correctly, you're getting a 100 Mbps connection to your home with 200 GB data limit, right? How much do you pay for it?

60$ per month

• @ftpit said:
    The home connection is not reliable,do do not

I never mentioned home connection -_- its located at my place doesnt mean I'd use a local provider for it

60$ per month

Thanks for the info.

lol

I'm not joking mate. Selling anything from your home connection is fail.

• @Nekki said:

That again isnt an home connection -_- lol

• VPSRAIDSolutions said: Just asked it will be at my home with 12 hour power backup + fiber + AMD FX-8150

is it the one you offer another guy on another thread for free RDP w/ windows something?

at home = home connection, what's wrong w/ that? seems like you are trying to advertise your brand again

That again isnt an home connection -_- lol

But it is at your home, right? Sounds worse than a UK home connection too.

• @Nekki said:

If it could be done by anyone, it would be done.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2014

"At home" means unreliable residential power and Internet connections.
    The idea is certainly alluring, I sometimes have crazy thoughts along the same lines too :D
    Have some powerful hardware, can get a 100/100 link for very cheap...
    Though I'd worry more about possible abuse, one thing is a DC with IPs registered to some LLC, and another is your personal link, where you are personally responsible for everything that happens through it.

To summarize, especially with this being India, a rare location not widely accessible otherwise as far as cheap LEBs go, sure you can probably find some takers; and as long as you are being upfront about what exactly you are offering (wrt. possible quality issues), and don't try to charge too much for it, no one will probably get hurt.

• @namhuy said:

Whats your problem ?? Go somewhere else to pass your time or atleast make meaningful comments.

• @rm_ said:
    "At home" means unreliable residential power and Internet connections.
    The idea is certainly alluring, I sometimes have crazy thoughts along the same lines too :D
    Have some powerful hardware, can get a 100/100 link for very cheap...
    Though I'd worry more about possible abuse, one thing is a DC with IPs registered to some LLC, and another is your personal link, where you are personally responsible for everything that happens through it.

To summarize, especially with this being India, a rare location not widely accessible otherwise as far as cheap LEBs go, sure you can probably find some takers; and as long as you are being upfront about what exactly you are offering (wrt. possible quality issues), and don't try to charge too much for it, no one will probably get hurt.

wont charge much thought about Rs.200 / 512mb ram / month

• Rs?

• @Nekki said:
    Rs?

3.5$

• That is $3/mo too expensive for what you're offering.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

Colo that server with us, I will give you more bandwidth, reliable connectivity and redundant power.

• @leapswitch said:
    Colo that server with us, I will give you more bandwidth, reliable connectivity and redundant power.

Its a tower HAF 912 cabinet.