Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need advice and facts from providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need advice and facts from providers

So, I have read differing ToS from a few providers regarding the resale of their plans. And more specifically about the resale of an average plan by your average customer, And NOT a reseller. Being as it is right now I also often view the rantings of unhappy customers who, for one reason or many are left with a virtual or dedicated box that they no longer want. I think over the years some would agree this brought too many people to LET. Ahem..Which brings me to ask a few questions I would really like to hear some response for, from the,"average" provider. Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Do you have any rules regarding the reselling of your plans?

-Are you comfortable with a client chosen markup?

-How do you feel about a silent change of ownership of a VPS?

-How do you feel about an announced owner change?

-What average USD, € or £ do you lose a year to abandonment?

-Do you have any figures on turnover ratios per node?

..Thanks!

Comments

• Yes, we allow it.

• It's ultimately up to them.

• It's not my decision, as my direct client (the reseller) is liable, or passes liability.

• It's not my decision, as my direct client (the reseller) is liable, or passes liability.

• We have a very low abandonment rate, oddly enough; our clients often come back after trying a cheaper alternative, and finding it to be of sub-par quality when compared.

• We don't calculate this per node, but per location + technology (i.e: KVM services in Chicago would be one set of figured in relationship to the cost of us running this location (colocation, hardware lease (if any), networking, power, etc; as well as our revenues in this location + service matchup.)

• You're welcome :).

Thanked by 1natestamm
  • We don't allow reselling within our shared hosting plans (ie, you can't signup for a shared plan and use that one plan to host 5 sites for your clients) but if you want to resell our actual accounts to other parties - have at it! charge as much as you can paid!

Thanked by 1natestamm
  • -Do you have any rules regarding the reselling of your plans?

Fully allowed with us, but your normally better off contacting us so we can set you up a better deal

-Are you comfortable with a client chosen markup?

Its down to them to sell the server, they have bought it from us, so as long as its not abused its fine with us.

-How do you feel about a silent change of ownership of a VPS?

As long as whoever is listed as the owner on our website accepts responsibility and invoices are paid on time thats fine with us.

-How do you feel about an announced owner change?

Again, as long as we have the right information and invoices are paid its fine by us.

-What average USD, € or £ do you lose a year to abandonment?

Our VPSs are somewhat new with a very low level of abandonment, I couldn't give you a realistic number.

-Do you have any figures on turnover ratios per node?

Not really, we go by the entire VPS department, and decide to down scale or up scale, depending on what does well, we make the appropriate changes.

Thanked by 1natestamm