Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wable.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wable.com

LeeLee Veteran
edited October 2014 in Reviews

I don't often do reviews but when I do they are usually quick and to the point.

I took up the Wable $8 offer when it first came about to try it out, dropped it then picked it back up when I had a use for it.

The offer (which is still current)

1-3 VPS (deploy 1 vps, or up to 3 using your resource bundle!)
3 CPU
2GB DDR-3 ECC RAM
50GB RAID SSD
2-10Gbps Port
6,000GB Bandwidth
9 IPv4 Addresses
Dallas, New York City, Seattle (choose any or multiple locations when you deploy)

What I am doing with them

I have a simple setup of 1 VPS in each of the 3 locations.

NY - Laravel projects

Dallas - Ghost projects

Seattle - Backing up NY and Dallas

Performance

Never had any issues in any location, Observium has got a couple of restarts listed but I can't honestly remember if that was Wable or me. I don't run anything that tests the resource to its limit but ultimately it does what I expect it to do. in the past few months.

For the "Nothing matters but speed" junkies.

Seattle:

CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 v2 @ 3.00GHz
Number of cores : 1
CPU frequency :  2999.948 MHz
Total amount of ram : 512 MB
Total amount of swap : 1024 MB
System uptime :   7 days, 5:12,
Download speed from CacheFly: 93.6MB/s
Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 13.7MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 21.1MB/s
Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 10.8MB/s
Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 6.51MB/s
Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 23.7MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 7.67MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 94.5MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 75.8MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 25.6MB/s
I/O speed :  340 MB/s

Dallas

CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1230 V2 @ 3.30GHz
CPU frequency :  3300.169 MHz
Total amount of ram : 512 MB
Total amount of swap : 512 MB
System uptime :   7 days, 7:50,
Download speed from CacheFly: 89.9MB/s
Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 25.8MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 111MB/s
Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 14.0MB/s
Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 12.1MB/s
Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 50.1MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 8.62MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 36.1MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 45.4MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 54.4MB/s
I/O speed :  406 MB/s

NY

CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v2 @ 2.80GHz
CPU frequency :  2799.859 MHz
Total amount of ram : 1024 MB
Total amount of swap : 1024 MB
System uptime :   8 days, 1:53,
Download speed from CacheFly: 43.4MB/s
Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 54.1MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 43.3MB/s
Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 10.0MB/s
Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 14.5MB/s
Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 61.9MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 7.77MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 30.3MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 25.4MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 96.0MB/s
I/O speed :  386 MB/s

Support

I only have two tickets.

First

Submitted On: April 26, 2014, 6:55 pm
Replied On: April 26, 2014, 6:57 pm

And the second

Submitted On: April 28, 2014, 3:57 pm
Replied On: April 28, 2014, 3:59 pm

No actual issues, just questions and they were answered with replies that needed no further info.

The Panel

Their panel is still in development, but it's functional. Basic commands of create, destroy, re-allocate resource, restart, reload OS and set RDNS.

You can request additional IP's from the panel but I have never done it so I can't comment.

Backups, Snapshots, IPV6 and console access would be great. Console access at least is really a must. However I know I can open a ticket should I do something stupid and get someone to go in and do flush my iptables or whatever.

Would even be nice to see KVM as an option in the future but I am getting way ahead of myself there.

Overall

Bottom line is that it's Incero, if it had been someone else I probably would not have touched this service. I know how strict they are on every form of abuse which is a comfort when you don't really want to be sharing a server with the worlds assholes, thanks CC for taking up the slack there.

I would recommend the service without doubt, hopefully the panel enhancements will come along soon, at which point I would upgrade once I know the control I want is available without needing to rely on support.

At the moment for what they offer for a throw away amount of $8 per month I am more than happy to trust the service with some of my personal projects that matter to me enough to only put somewhere I trust.

/the end.

Thanked by 2SpeedyKVM ryanarp

Comments

• They didn't deliver on a lot of their promises which didn't make me too happy :(

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Wable is a service that provides a refreshing level of simplicity. If anything, many people's complaints about it seem to come from their preconceived notions based on every other service. It is what it is, straight forward with no failure to communicate itself as such. I like the guys that run it as people in general, but make no mistake, friend or not you don't get compliments from me unless you earn them. Why devalue one's own opinion?

0xdragon said: They didn't deliver on a lot of their promises which didn't make me too happy :(

Offer stands, to any unsatisfied Wable customer who can convince me that they were wronged in any way (with my word that personal relationships will be considered irrelevant), I will slap Ryan and post it here for all to see.

• Jar said: I will slap Ryan and post it here for all to see.

If there is none, will you kiss Ryan and post it too?

• LeeLee Veteran

@serverian said:

Those pictures are already out there.

Thanked by 1netomx

@W1V_Lee said:
    Those pictures are already out there.

The snappening was devastating for us all.

• @Jar said:
    Wable is a service that provides a refreshing level of simplicity. If anything, many people's complaints about it seem to come from their preconceived notions based on every other service. It is what it is, straight forward with no failure to communicate itself as such. I like the guys that run it as people in general, but make no mistake, friend or not you don't get compliments from me unless you earn them. Why devalue one's own opinion?

Offer stands, to any unsatisfied Wable customer who can convince me that they were wronged in any way (with my word that personal relationships will be considered irrelevant), I will slap Ryan and post it here for all to see.

I was promised the API for quite a while, and kept being told "it'll be here in a week!" and then it didn't...

@0xdragon said:
    I was promised the API for quite a while, and kept being told "it'll be here in a week!" and then it didn't...

Well then I do believe...

• They are quite stable. Not bad for the price ($0.99/month for me).

$ uptime

>

22:12:52 up 103 days, 20:19, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

;D

Wable was a great service when I tried it.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member
    edited October 2014

Thanks for the feedback, we're working on a lot of upgrades but they will take time, as the product matures steadily. We're hitting our main goal, which is stability and uptime. We're certainly not hitting our goals for adding new features as quickly as we would like.

Customers who like Wable can get a free upgrade;
    Get 2 additional CPUs/VPS, 4GB additional RAM, and 30GB additional SSD storage by clicking here https://wable.com/?powerboost=1 (only works on Bundle #3 or higher)

• LeeLee Veteran

Now that I will happily take, good job. Sucks if you are not a customer though :P

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2014

W1V_Lee said: Sucks if you are not a customer though :P

Easy Fix

1. Become a Customer (Bundle #3 or Higher)
    2. Use Bonus Link (++ Resources)
    3. ?
    4. Profit

I think that is how this works anyways.....

• LeeLee Veteran

I am just waiting for the "Is that it, could you not have offered a bigger bonus?" Post.

It's LET, we know its coming :P

• @W1V_Lee said:
    I am just waiting for the "Is that it, could you not have offered a bigger bonus?" Post.

It's LET, we know its coming :P

Would have be nice if you could create a few more VMs with those extra resources.

/runs for cover

Thanked by 1netomx
  • LeeLee Veteran

You can though, 2 more :)

• @W1V_Lee said:
    You can though, 2 more :)

Only 2?

That's it I'm done. Bring on the pro trolling.

Thanked by 2Lee netomx
  • LeeLee Veteran

People like you disgust me, you want everything for a $1 ..

Assuming you have a $1 at the time.

@Nekki said:
    Would have be nice if you could create a few more VMs with those extra resources.

On wable each CPU allows you to make a new VPS, or you can add many CPUs to a single VPS. So if you have 5 CPUs you can do;
    5x 1cpu vps
    1x 5cpu vps
    2x 2cpu vps, 1x 1cpu vps

etc :-)

• LeeLee Veteran

@incero

Does this bonus stick if you upgrade. Say no.

• @Incero said:
    etc :-)

You should get this video edited for them to say wable instead of rable and use it for promotion!

@W1V_Lee said:
    incero

Does this bonus stick if you upgrade. Say no.

Just click the link after you upgrade to get it again.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • LeeLee Veteran

I got suckered in and upgraded, was too good not to.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @W1V_Lee said:
    I got suckered in and upgraded, was too good not to.

Quite frankly it's a disgustingly good deal. I have absolutely no need of a bundle that includes that amount of resources and yet I'm still considering it.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2014

7 CPU - 8GB ram - 100GB SSD. Up to 7 VPS in 3 locations all for $24 per month.

I could move $35 of DO droplets to this and that is in addition to what I already had!

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • @Incero Wow.. thank you for the freebies :) Been extremely happy with my $8 plan and this just makes it even more amazing.. might need to upgrade and move a few more things over...

Thanked by 2SpeedyKVM ryanarp
  • Damn that freebie. Now I am a Wable customer. :-)

@Incero said:
    Customers who like Wable can get a free upgrade;
    Get 2 additional CPUs/VPS, 4GB additional RAM, and 30GB additional SSD storage by clicking here https://wable.com/?powerboost=1 (only works on Bundle #3 or higher)

You walked in like "Oh hey I found this game changer in my pocket if anyone wants it."

• Incero said: Thanks for the feedback, we're working on a lot of upgrades but they will take time, as the product matures steadily. We're hitting our main goal, which is stability and uptime. We're certainly not hitting our goals for adding new features as quickly as we would like.

Customers who like Wable can get a free upgrade; Get 2 additional CPUs/VPS, 4GB additional RAM, and 30GB additional SSD storage by clicking here https://wable.com/?powerboost=1 (only works on Bundle #3 or higher)

Well, you got me. Now I'm a customer... <_<'

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • This is evil... pure evil. Must resist.

Thanked by 1ryanarp