Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How did you come up with your company name?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How did you come up with your company name?

I'm just curious. What made you use your company name? My company name, XFuse Solutions, LLC, came to fruitation after brainstorming words you don't see together often. Plus, I have a passion for fusing and the letter X for some reason.. Lol...

So, how did you come up with your company name? What influenced it?

Comments

• My boss tells me that our company name Softaculous = Software + Spectaulous
    He keeps making these names by replacing one char or combining two words.

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • Yea, by the way, I love Softaculous.. Lol. I've used it since sheesh, I can't remember how long. I've been doing this since 1999 haha. So when Softaculous was invented I have been using it. Fantastico was good until you guys came along lol. Will be trying out virtulizor soon too.

• It came to me in an epiphany ;)

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @wych said:
    It came to me in an epiphany ;)

Good one. :)

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • available .com domain name

Thanked by 1srvrpro
  • @Noerman said:
    available .com domain name

No clue what you meant there... How did you come up with the domain name to purchase?

• XFS_Duke said: How did you come up with the domain name to purchase?

words generator ?

• popular cat names are a good inspiration

• u137 said: popular cat names are a good inspiration

HostMittens
    TarterSauceOnline
    GrumpyHost
    ColonelHost
    Host-n-Jerry
    Garfield-and-hosts

• elastictrace - the name describes what the product name, and also making it sound high tech. Amazon uses elastic everything and then the products biggest feature will be code tracing.

• Meerkats are very attentive and careful when it comes to watching over their clan ....

• I just was thinking couldnt get a decent name then combined vps and since vps should be hosted on raided array of disks i chose vps + raid

• Stole it from a place in a popular game.

• We built our server monitoring stack on Node.js and do a lot of pings... NodePing, while wholly unoriginal, seem descriptive and the dot com wasn't taken...

• @XFS_Duke said:
    No clue what you meant there... How did you come up with the domain name to purchase?

You want a (company) name, check the .com. If not available change the name and re check the .com again. Finally you get the name you want and the .com for your company name that suit with domain name.

I still believe .com rule the domain extension

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2014

vpsgod= god of virtual private server(KVM,xen,openvz, etc)

???!!!! Just a fancy name..it was not the god of vps but we own it and in business

• BlabAway... I was in school talking about building a social network with one of my friends, and my teacher got onto me and yelled "will you stop blabbing away and listen?"

There it dawned, the social network I had been building the past couple of months had to be called blabaway. And the domain was available.

Was in 10th grade at the time!

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited March 2015

@Noerman said: I still believe .com rule the domain extension

I jot down ideas as they come to me under all kinds of circumstances. Then register a .COM if available, or put my trusty "watchdog"on it. This way have a nice little collection on hand when needed for myself or a client.

• holderhost LTD - I suppose it was mean't to mean that we are storing data. Not even sure. :P

• Random Word Generator

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Brainstorming, actually, my friend's mother came up with the idea, but it is hard to understand if you do not know romanian, especially since it has 2 meanings in romanian and one in english/italian.

• Came from catchy words like License[Pal] and License[Cube] and cart is related to shopping.