Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Maybe moving my domains from Godaddy.com to namecheap? (or any other place?)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Maybe moving my domains from Godaddy.com to namecheap? (or any other place?)

I have 18 domains (that I want to keep), with the following extension:
5 x .info
2 x .net
4 x .com
1 x .biz
2 x .me
1 x. in
3 x .co
I have 3 x Private registrations (whois protection). Godaddy.com charge me $303/year if I renew all at the same time, with a "savings" of $61.
I have started to look at other places to host my domains, and Namecheap has been around for a long time. Their transfer prices is lower then Godaddy.com on most domains.
But I can't find their renewing price, what I will pay from year two and forward.

Do anybody know their renewing price on the extension named over in the list?
And what will I save using Namecheap, or if anybody has another good registrar, what can I save there?

Comments

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

I'm slowly moving my domains from NameCheap --> NameSilo, they have everything but your .in domain. Pricing: http://www.namesilo.com/pricing.php

Thanked by 1myhken
  • When you transfer a domain in to Namecheap, the price you pay is a one year renewal. So it should be the same price for subsequent years (unless you're using a coupon that reduces the first year / transfer price).

Thanked by 1myhken
  • GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited October 2014

I would really suggest using Uniregistry ,

They give GREAT discounts if you ask nicely.

Uniregistry (click me)

Plus they give free privacy!

Yes, this is an affiliate link. But it doesn't hurt you to use it.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • As Matthew already mentioned, namesilo.com would be a good choice. Among the cheapest registrars out there and nonetheless a great service.

If you use the MEERKATS coupon you'll get $1 off a registration.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • Hmmm, not easy this here. There is some money to be saved, but not allot.

• namhuynamhuy Member
    edited October 2014

matthewvz said: I'm slowly moving my domains from NameCheap --> NameSilo, they have everything but your .in domain. Pricing: http://www.namesilo.com/pricing.php

same here, I'm moving all of my domains from godaddy and namecheap to namesilo now.

• to OVH

• wychwych Member
    edited October 2014

I have just moved a few in to namecheap was the cheapest but what I saw as stable option for some of my domains.

• Namecheap are who we are using, and they seem to do a good job, decent value and such so its all good for us with them.

• I will open an account there and look at their interface, settings, options etc.

• @namhuy said:
    same here, I'm moving all of my domains from godaddy name namecheap to namesilo now.

Another +1 for NameSilo, good features (free privacy), good pricing, no Enom :)

• I've been moving my domains to NameSilo, great so far.

• If Domain Providers are brutally honest, their tagline would go something like this:

Godaddy
    We make it dirt cheap on your first transaction, we'll automatically debit your credit cards later.

NameCheap
    We are Cheap with Coupons. In rare occasions, we make them even Cheaper.

Namesilo
    What is Coupon? We eat up competition.

• Namesilo is the best, competitive, good support ( immediate replies), good infrastructure, powerful DNS features, name privacy free of cost..

• @programer said:
    Namesilo is the best, competitive, good support ( immediate replies), good infrastructure, powerful DNS features, name privacy free of cost..

Every single bit true!

• BlanozBlanoz Member
    edited October 2014

Your only options are NameSilo and NameCheap - this is a general recommandation, as you can read from all others folks above. Of course, you're free to burn yourself with other providers :-P

• +1 for NameSilo, renewal/transfers and registraion prices are around $8.39 including ICANN fee.

Whois privacy is free for life.

• Anyone has tried Google Domains?
    Their pricing seems a little bit higher than Namecheap or NameSilo.

• programerprogramer Member
    edited October 2014

@764664 said:
    Anyone has tried Google Domains?

Is it not only invitation based?

• 764664764664 Member
    edited October 2014

@programer said:

Yes.
    I just entered for invitation in their website and got one.

• @764664 said:
    Anyone has tried Google Domains?
    Their pricing seems a little bit higher than Namecheap or NameSilo.

The biggest showstopper is that it's currently available to US only ("We’re sorry. Google Domains may not be available in your country.").

• @zeitgeist said:
    The biggest showstopper is that it's currently available to US only ("We’re sorry. Google Domains may not be available in your country.").

It shows that but my domain still went through.

• @wych said:
    It shows that but my domain still went through.

How did you pay? They determine your location by the billing address of your credit card that's stored in Google Wallet.

• It's seems like Namesilo is the highest recommended service in this thread, has open an account there also. Then I have to do the math, see how much I can actually save.
    Don't know if I want to do all the work moving my domains, if I don't save allot.
    For years now I have had a 30% off coupon for all godaddy.com products, including renewing of all domain and services (e-mail, hosting etc). But this year they revoked all old coupons, and the new ones is rubbish (if you are not buying something new there)

• @myhken godaddy is great w/ coupon, w/o coupon godaddy's price is the worst. Most of my domains now are still w godaddy (bought w coupon), but I'm slowly transfer them to namesilo due to solid good price plus free whois protection. Namecheap is somewhere is the middle, namecheap price is a bit lower than godaddy but not as good as namesilo (again w/o coupon).

Thanked by 1myhken
  • I register at godaddy with a coupon and transfer out to name.com

• emgemg Veteran

Do any of them include DNSSEC at no extra charge?

• Is Namesilo a Tier 1 provider or just a reseller?

• @myhken said:
    Is Namesilo a Tier 1 provider or just a reseller?

They are an officially accredited registrar.

• @emg said:
    Do any of them include DNSSEC at no extra charge?

Yes, the one I mentioned.

Uniregistry offers it for free (included.) As well as free privacy (included).

@GoodHosting said:
    I would really suggest using Uniregistry ,

They give GREAT discounts if you ask nicely.

Uniregistry (click me)

Plus they give free privacy!

Yes, this is an affiliate link. But it doesn't hurt you to use it.