Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have so many VPSes, that I ....
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I have so many VPSes, that I ....

blackblack Member
edited July 2012 in General

Stopped making user accounts and just run everything as root.

Still change the ssh port though.

Comments

• Mind posting a few of your VPSs IPs?

• blackblack Member

Lol I'm good.

• ... stopped keeping count and started installing virtual ovens

• ztecztec Member

Ok.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • Why not make a script that you just run on each VPS? Installs all your " standard apps " downloads whatever you need, and creates your users.

• blackblack Member

I swear I was going to do that, but I told myself "you're not going to buy anymore VPSes, you have too many already so you won't need a script like that."

Guess what happened?

• I think we should all together brainstorm if there is any cool project we could do with all the VPSs ideling.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

No need to brainstorm. Backup of a backup of a backup of a backup of a backup of a backup. Purchase justified.

Thanked by 1lbft
  • aubsaubs Member

What about something like SETI @ Home or BOINC, or would they be against ToS?

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@jarland said: No need to brainstorm. Backup of a backup of a backup of a backup of a backup of a backup. Purchase justified.

@raindog308 did you change nickname?
    :P

Thanked by 2jar raindog308
  • @aubs said: What about something like SETI @ Home or BOINC, or would they be against ToS?

Thats not really a good idea for VPS because it's inefficient and causes much load on the host node