Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a replacement of a burstnet.eu VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a replacement of a burstnet.eu VPS

For about 4 years I had a Burstnet UK based VPS.
Since some time now it's down and if I login to the burstnet.eu customer page (that still works) it should UKFast.net and when clicking on the SUPPORT link it redirects to hostwindws, and the people of hostwindws know nothing about the UK based VPSes of ex-burstnet. So I'm now forced to move my 'stuff' to a different provider.

I'm looking for a VPS with
* at least 512Mb of ram
* at least 5gb of disk space
* 1 ipv4 address
* 1 ipv6 address
* located in the UK or Sweden
* OpenVZ - XEN or KVM

All offers are welcome.

Comments

• MunMun Member

Though they aren't in UK or Sweden I suggest http://www.prometeus.net/site/

Always heard great things about them.

• I know them, but UK or Sweden is a must.

• wychwych Member
    edited October 2014

OpenITC.

• Digital Ocean has London location.

• You should have recieved an email from burstnet.eu/ukfast that they are terminating the former burstnet.eu services. They said they would keep it running till the end of your subscription.

My email was send 5 months in advance.. so plenty of time to swith..

• rds100 said: Digital Ocean has London location.

Slough.

• @Gien said:
    You should have recieved an email from burstnet.eu/ukfast that they are terminating the former burstnet.eu services. They said they would keep it running till the end of your subscription.

My subscription goes until somewere in Nov and it's already down....they are clearly not keeping it running all the time :-(
    (and I can't remember that I got that mail)

dirk.

• LeeLee Veteran

DigitalOcean.com or Vultr.com or even linode.com

• trexostrexos Member
    edited October 2014

@OnePound offers XEN based servers in the UK. XEN-HVM is similar to KVM :) Just ask him for a (custom) plan.

• @serverian Still doing something in the UK, I believe?

• @Pwner said:
    serverian Still doing something in the UK, I believe?

Am not.

• PwnerPwner Member
    edited October 2014

@serverian said:

Ah, nevermind then. Sorry about the tag. :P

• dirk said:

@Gien said: You >should have recieved an email from burstnet.eu/ukfast that they are terminating the former burstnet.eu services. They said they would keep it running till the end of your subscription.

>

>

My subscription goes until somewere in Nov and it's already down....they are clearly not >keeping it running all the time :-( (and I can't remember that I got that mail)

>

dirk.

With me they nailed the uptime to the minute. Still sucks, you should open a support ticket and a partial refund (was in the email if i can find it ill post it here)

the email probably ended up in your spambox.

there allot of uk hosts, and if you want good connection to sweden you can pick anything between uk, nl, de, da, se, no... so pick your best money/performance ratio provider..

• EDIS

• @OnePound +1 they're awesome

• Your avatar...

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Thrustvps in UK.