Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

What would you like to see on LowEndBox.com?
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

What would you like to see on LowEndBox.com?

With the LowEndBox.com team we're always looking for ways to increase engagement with our users and get more quality content. We are very curious what you would like to see on LowEndBox.com or what you would like to see change.

Please stick to serious suggestions and ideas only.

I recommend Prometeus, the best provider ever!

Comments

• Smiling faces. /end joke, we both know that'll never happen.

Personally, I'd like to see more exotic offers that actually have something different about them. Not just "OH LOOK ANOTHER 1GB OVZ for $7/MTH WOW", you know?

Thanked by 3netomx diszk Profforg

This signature wasted 121 bytes of your data allocation.

https://nixstats.com/report/56b53d6465689e44598b4567

• ausaus Member
      edited October 2014

More non-ColoCrossing offers and more yearly's.

• No more 'Make Money' ads. It's should be 'Spend Money on vps' only. :)

Thanked by 1linuxthefish

Get Backup / Storage VPS (40% Off Discount: 40PERCENT) | OpenVZ & KVM (Fully Managed) / Shared & Reseller (Free Dedicated IP) | $3 Reseller (50% Off Discount: letbestreselleroffer), Low latency to EU, US and Asia Optimized (affiliate links)

• Some coding/script or some sys-admin competitions for different users, seen it on overclockers forum was kinda fun joining in the monthly competitions

Fullstack dev Fb | Github

Fan of VPSDime & BuyVM & now QuickPacket

• More tutorials would be great

• TheKillerTheKiller Member
      edited October 2014

Some specific tutorials on how to install, manage and secure VPS and running a site.

Because I new user to VPS will need those IMO.

• @TheKiller but there are tons of articles on setting up a Linux server on the Internet. What are you looking for that you think LEB can provide that others don't (Don't get me wrong I like the idea, I'm just curious what sort of spin you hope to get from LEB compared to other places)

• @lukesUbuntu said:
      Some coding/script or some sys-admin competitions for different users, seen it on overclockers forum was kinda fun joining in the monthly competitions

I'd love to see this :)

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu

• @tarasis it will be good if some one found LEB and tutorials at the same spot. That will help build community. I felt the same when a year ago I faced same situation

Thanked by 1vladka24
    • some more dedicated server offer's not just VPS

• LowEnd news.
      • Disqus comments.
      • Tutorials for tuning for low memory environments or that consider low end environments.
      Thanked by 1wojons
    • some shared hosting / vpn offers.

• netomxnetomx Member, Moderator

Hookers

Por more tutorials, either way is fine

• More quality tutorials. Also, I'd love see "Important news of the week/month" where you can synthetize ... important news.

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.

• Shared Hosting Offers maybe :)

• More tutorials focused on running on low end machines.

• @Ndha said:
      Shared Hosting Offers maybe :)

Hell no! LowEndBox implied VPS bro :)

I'd like proper wiki for the tutorial, with index and all. Weekly/monthly competition(but not the one where you need to suck up to anybody) would be nice too.

Thanked by 2Ndha Spirit
    • @Silvenga said:

• Disqus comments.
      • Tutorials for tuning for low memory environments or that consider low end environments.

Please no disqus, but I do agree tutorials for low end boxes could be useful.

Thanked by 1ben78

Taking a hiatus.

• ZenZen Member

@lukesUbuntu said:
      Some coding/script or some sys-admin competitions for different users, seen it on overclockers forum was kinda fun joining in the monthly competitions

Please.

@HostBalls

• Benchmarks please.

.............................................................................................Short Url

• @Zen said:
      Please.

+3

Taking a hiatus.

• ME: comparison of VPSs regarding disk speed, network speed, uptime, price

InternetLifeForum.com - hosting, webmaster forum

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider

Interesting offers that are found instead of submitted, none VPS offers e.g. hosted exchange, hosted storage, saas etc etc.

• LET/B is only interested in VPS/low cost dedi apparently (has been the answer time and time again.)

Acting Director of Albino Geek Services Ltd. My Keybase ID ( gh )
      GoodHosting.co | Enterprise KVM Virtual Private Servers | Twitter / Status : @ GoodHostingCo

GoodHosting said: LET/B is only interested in VPS/low cost dedi apparently

Adapt or die imo, and also imo the latter is happening.

• SpiritSpirit Disabled
      edited October 2014

More or less is just about purpose of LEB which I believe is lost. It used to be website dedicated to feature and introduce some great things we aren't so familiar with. Now it's site to re-post offers from same old known hosts all the time.
      Whoever read LET don't need to even open LEB anymore.
      It can be still good to grab some good coupon of our favourite hosts from time to time, but to read and comment... there's nothing to comment about same known names all the time.

Imagine Playboy magazine to repeatedly feature every third month same playmate. That's what LEB became. Popular hosts are repeatedly "featured" all the time. That's boring and worthless reading.

What I would like to see at LEB? Something what I don't see all the time at LET ;-) More of those in past standard, but lately dramatically called "surprise posts" :P

Spirit said: More or less is just about purpose of LEB which I believe is lost. It used to be website dedicated to feature and introduce some great things we aren't so familiar with. Now it's site to re-post offers from same old known hosts all the time. Whoever read LET don't need to even open LEB anymore.

It can be still good to grab some good coupon of our favourite hosts from time to time, but to read and comment... there's nothing to comment about same known names all the time.

Imagine Playboy magazine to repeatedly feature every third month same playmate. That's what LEB became. Popular hosts are repeatedly "featured" all the time. That's boring and worthless reading.

What I would like to see at LEB? Something what I don't see all the time at LET ;-) More of those in past standard, but lately dramatically called "surprise posts" :P

This pretty much sums everything up, sadly Jon does not agree and thinks the visitor numbers are up so nothing will change, you know... until its gone.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
    • @Spirit said:

+1 , I couldn't have said it better myself.

Acting Director of Albino Geek Services Ltd. My Keybase ID ( gh )
      GoodHosting.co | Enterprise KVM Virtual Private Servers | Twitter / Status : @ GoodHostingCo

• LeeLee Member

People need to stop living in the past, neither site is owned by a single passionate person who has a common view shared by the community.

It's owned by a business, to make money etc...

Been what? Over a year now and still so many can't stop reliving what is gone and going to stay gone.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n

It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt

• More geographical diversity, better callouts to what services are banned on boxes. It would be nice if the offering breakdown was machine readable / sortable. Like if I could select > 128MB > 20GB disk and south america. It is nice to put our servers close to our clients.

W1V_Lee said: People need to stop living in the past

Agreed, as I said adapt or die, the idea of the past has been long forgotten and trampled now it will never return, if it is a business it needs to make a lot more effort though, half of LEB has been broken or seriously out of date for 2 years.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
    • LeeLee Member

That too, we know it's making enough money to invest some in improving areas that have been broken too long.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt

• @Spirit, @AnthonySmith, @W1V_Lee thank goodness we still have you all :)

Thanked by 1Lee

Happy to be alive and kicking!

• @Spirit
      +1
      Summed that up perfectly, used to read every post and comment on some. Now it just seems all the same

• titties

ohh i am sorry i thought i was somewhere else
      deals yeah more deals :)

• Good deals, low memory tutorials/information; ressources benchmarks (which webserver uses less memory/cpu and would be better on a leb, how to set up a low ressources mail server, etc)

• Wrong links, wrong info on most deals. Confirm before posting...

I ❤ Laravel

• hosted SOGO / Kolabs groupware with Exchange like operation... ofcourse at much cheap prices compared to Google Apps and Hosted Exchange

• SSL

• I rarely visit LEB nowadays, used to visit on a daily basis some years ago.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
      1. Dedicated server offers.
      2. Licensing discounts.
      Thanked by 11allen
    • @kcaj said:
      I rarely visit LEB nowadays, used to visit on a daily basis some years ago.

+1.

Thanked by 1zafouhar

Taking a hiatus.

• @wych said:
      +1.

+1

Thanked by 1zafouhar

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Provider

@0xdragon said:
      +1

++1

Thanked by 1zafouhar
    • Subcategories in offers section ie: dedicated servers, vps

• raza19raza19 Member
      edited October 2014

Filtering Options based on:

>

CPU

>

RAM

>

HD

>

Price Range

>

Brand

>

Payment Options

>

We are star-stuff. We are the Universe, made manifest, trying to figure itself out.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Provider

And type. Like vps, dedicated etc

• @0xdragon said:
      Smiling faces. /end joke, we both know that'll never happen.

Personally, I'd like to see more exotic offers that actually have something different about them. Not just "OH LOOK ANOTHER 1GB OVZ for $7/MTH WOW", you know?

As much as I would like that as well, it's partially a matter of what's available. Most of the offers we get sent it are fairly similar. I can only be selective to a certain extent in which offers to post or not; the site needs to keep getting new offers and we have to work with what's available.

@TheKiller said:
      Some specific tutorials on how to install, manage and secure VPS and running a site.

Because I new user to VPS will need those IMO.

I think we have quite some tutorials available to cover this, except for maybe the last part. I'll see if I can write some about that.

@robinjoo1 said:
      some more dedicated server offer's not just VPS
      @1allen said:
      some shared hosting / vpn offers.

In fact, we've already been looking into this. It's a good and comforting sign that this also comes from the community. We'll definitely be working more on this.

@Silvenga said:

• LowEnd news.

The monthly community update will be back starting November.

• @Spirit said:
      More or less is just about purpose of LEB which I believe is lost. It used to be website dedicated to feature and introduce some great things we aren't so familiar with. Now it's site to re-post offers from same old known hosts all the time.
      Whoever read LET don't need to even open LEB anymore.

The tradition of posting the same hosts over and over again was started by LowEndAdmin himself, before the site even went to @Chief. LEA even put up a post some time for when stock would be available for a certain provider. So, to a certain extent, it's always been this way, except for maybe the first year or so.

Something you cannot see is that I almost always close a ticket when a provider sends in exactly the same offer, because there's simply no reason to list them again. That includes adding an additional payment term to exactly the same offer. I've also started limiting the number of plans being featured, as some providers sent in a huge list of plans which would result in us basically becoming a copy of their website. Only the most interesting plans were listed in those cases.

That doesn't mean I don't agree with you, however. I do envision LowEndBox featuring more different providers and only featuring the same providers when there's actually something new to report (like a new product line, changed plans, new location, etc.). Going there from what we are doing now, though, is a process that takes time. Not only does it mean more work for us, it also means a lot of providers are going to get pissed off we won't feature them anymore. I already get bugged almost everywhere to give ticket responses and dates and the likes, only to get people being pissed off even more because it takes months to feature them. This will only increase if I start denying hosts. And where do I draw the line, exactly? Which hosts will I feature again and which not? Those are challenges that will play a larger role if we start to change things.

I think a move towards what you envision comes best with a transition to serve a broader audience, meaning offering VPN, proxy, and may even shared hosting plans. It allows us to server a broader audience, a bigger diversity of plans and offers, while keeping regular providers happy at the same time.

What I say here is still hypothetical. I will have to discuss these plans and see how we can actually execute them.

• A redesign of the site with better search options ie searching for 1gb dosent show you 128 plans

This discussion has been closed.