Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there Private Data protection in whois info at .OVH domains?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is there Private Data protection in whois info at .OVH domains?

desperanddesperand Member
edited October 2014 in General

Hi!

Are there ways to hide personal information of .ovh domain owner?

For example:

1.) I will make domain blabla.ovh

2.) It will share ALL mine personal information in WHOIS

3.) Is there are any way to hide my details with *.OVH domains?

Thank you. Personal data is very important!

As i understand, their standart hideme NOT WORK for .OVH domains.

EDIT #1: Okay, i found in new (ovh.fr/manager) control panel is possible to "Hide Whois"

I did enable it, but nothing happened, okay i will wait some time... Just interesting

Comments

• AutoSnipeAutoSnipe Member
    edited October 2014

Didnt think it would be possible

• It available but only protect the address, email and not our name.

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited October 2014

LowEndTalk is not the OVH Technical Support Forum or Ticket System

Offtopic: The OVH Support Forum is providing an expired SSL certificate, haha.

• @GoodHosting said:

LowEndTalk is not the OVH Technical Support Forum or Ticket System

Offtopic: The OVH Support Forum is providing an expired SSL certificate, haha.

Off topic : I notice that you really like to write in BOLD mode.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • Welcome to LowEndHelpDesk @desperand. Your call is important to us, please wait while i attempt to connect you to an agent...

Your patience is appreciated, unfortunately all agents are currently busy, you will be forwarded to our voice mail box and one of our agents will attempt to call you back as soon as possible.

• so much fat trolls here at last time...

Lowend*** what happened with you?

O_O

• madtbhmadtbh Member
    edited October 2014

I removed mine by using the old control panel (version 3). I don't think you can access it now. The new control panel (version 5) would not allow me to make any changes to the WHOIS, it would save and then default back to "Display".

• @madtbh said:
    I removed mine by using the old control panel (version 3). I don't think you can access it now. The new control panel (version 5) would not allow me to make any changes to the WHOIS, it would save and then default back to "Display".

Thank you very much! Problem is solved.

They do not give any chances to hide your private data! That is important. Please take attention to this!