Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Win Server 2012 R2 Datacenter showing wrong disk size?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Win Server 2012 R2 Datacenter showing wrong disk size?

I have a KVM template and an iso of win serv 2012 r2 datacenter edition and when installed on a vps in solusvm it shows the correct disk space on the partition in disk management, but in my computer it shows the wrong disk space or the original space I created the template with. The same thing happens when the iso is installed.

I tried 2012 r2 essentials and all versions of 2008 r2 and they all function normally. Anyone run into this? I set the partition to resize on all of them to 2, and in disk management all versions look identical with the partition layout.

Comments

• I cant say as I have had the same issue on my Windows Server 2012 R2 KVM VPS

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

We do not use Windows 2012 because of If you will use GUI mode then you also need to purchase RDP Calc license.

XenHVM is recommended for ""windows"" os.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@DewlanceVPS said:
    We do not use Windows 2012 because of If you will use GUI mode then you also need to purchase RDP Calc license.

You can and allowed to use two (2) administrative sessions to remote control your server.
    No need to buy RDS CAL unless you want activate Remote Desktop Services. If you do, don't forget to buy all types of CAL needed.

On the topic, how much is reported in disk manager and how much is the difference?
    Some screenshots of the situation and I will be able to explain it for you.

• BTW, Did you try to extend the filesystem to be the same size as the partition?

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

If the size is not correct in Disk Manager, extend the partition via Disk Manager. If the size is correct in Disk Manager but not My Computer, you'll need to expand it with diskpart (at least that's how you fix it in 2008 R2).