Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS/Dedi for game server (Arma 3)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS/Dedi for game server (Arma 3)

Falco33Falco33 Member
edited October 2014 in Requests

I'm looking for a Windows VPS that can run ARMA 3, looking for the following specs:

CPU: 2 Cores
RAM: 3GB
HDD: Around 30GB is fine. (SSD or HDD raid 10)

Not sure if this is enough for a small arma 3 server with around 30 people or so. I'm open for suggestions.

Edit: A dedicated server is fine too, but it has to be in Europe with a reasonable price. Nothing too fancy, it's only for Arma 3. (Decent CPU though)

Comments

• @Falco33 said:
    I'm looking for a Windows VPS that can run ARMA 3, looking for the following specs:

CPU: 2 Cores
    RAM: 3GB
    HDD: Around 30GB is fine. (SSD or HDD raid 10)

Not sure if this is enough for a small arma 3 server with around 30 people or so. I'm open for suggestions.

Would this help you out?

http://www.soyoustart.com/en/offers/game-1.xml

• Why Windows?

• well i have the SYS-IP-1 and RBX DC

• @itgods said:
    Why Windows?

I want to run Altis Life, and I'm not sure if that is available for Linux?

• @Falco33 said:

It is not. But I read that a developer said that it should work better on linux with WINE & co than on "real" windows. Crazy world.

Thanked by 2Falco33 Pwner
  • @trexos said:

So you suggest a Linux VPS/Dedicated server over a Windows one for an arma 3 server (with altis life)

Which OS would you suggest?

• @Falco33 said:
    Which OS would you suggest?

I never had a Arma 3 server, this is just what I read. As OS I suggest Debian because I always use it:p

• Falco33 said: @itgods said: Why Windows?

PM'd.

• NFOservers - comes with dedicated cores (often Nehalem based or better).

• @itgods recommended me "Colorhost.de"
    Anyone have any experience with them, or is there a better alternative?

Thanked by 1Colorhost
  • @Falco33 Virtual instance with windows license included or do you provide your own license?

• @Falco33 said:
    itgods recommended me "Colorhost.de"

My advice would be to stay away from shared cores, especially when it comes down to game servers.

• @fileMEDIA said:
    Falco33 Virtual instance with windows license included or do you provide your own license?

I have my own license with Dreamspark.

• @Falco33 So you can try our DedifyStack Cloud (https://www.dedify.com), start with the smallest instance and scale it up to a plan which you need. This can be done easily with a few clicks. All cores and cpu power is guaranteed and reserved. Upload your windows iso, use your own license and start it.

Location is germany.

• @fileMEDIA said:
    Falco33 So you can try our DedifyStack Cloud (https://www.dedify.com), start with the smallest instance and scale it up to a plan which you need. This can be done easily with a few clicks. All cores and cpu power is guaranteed and reserved. Upload your windows iso, use your own license and start it.

Location is germany.

I'm pretty sure 2GHz is too low for arma 3. (I need two cores for arma 3)

• @Falco33 said:
    itgods recommended me "Colorhost.de"

@trexos @ZweiTiger :p

• Would recommend NFOservers as well, they are an excellent group of people to work with.

• Colorhost provides a solid service. I use one of their OVZ server for a year now or so. Didn't face any problem. Futhermore they provide dailybackups which is great.

Thanked by 1Colorhost
  • @trexos said:
    Colorhost provides a solid service. I use one of their OVZ server for a year now or so. Didn't face any problem. Futhermore they provide dailybackups which is great.

Thanks, I will probably go with them. ;)

• @Falco33 said:
    Thanks, I will probably go with them. ;)

Good choice. :)

Thanked by 1Falco33
  • @itgods said:
    trexos ZweiTiger :p

Never use any host then ColorHost.

Have them some KVM and OpenVZ large Green 8GB version.

Never had any big issue. In germany its the number one provider.

But sorry for that their vps connection only 100/100. And if you need high time one time... :)

This discussion has been closed.