Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[LA, NC, DE] NanoVZ :: MegaVZ - 128MB VPS 3€/y - 1GB VPS 8€/y
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[LA, NC, DE] NanoVZ :: MegaVZ - 128MB VPS 3€/y - 1GB VPS 8€/y

AutoSnipeAutoSnipe Member
edited October 2014 in Offers

Current Locations

Lenoir, North Carolina - Dacentec - SAS 15k - 1Gbit - Benchmark
Los Angeles, California - CorporateColo - SSD Cached - 100Mbit - Benchmark
Dusseldorf, Germany - ProviderService - HDD - 100Mbit - Benchmark

Plan Name: NANO128NC
1vCPU
128MB RAM
128MB vSwap
20 NAT IPv4 Ports + 1 SSH
/64 IPv6 Subnet
3GB SAS 15k
500GB @ 1Gbit

Plan Name: NANO128LA
1vCPU
128MB RAM
128MB vSwap
/64 IPv6 Subnet
3GB SSD Cached
500GB @ 100Mbit

Plan Name: NANO128DE
1vCPU
128MB RAM
128MB vSwap
/64 IPv6 Subnet
3GB HDD
250GB @ 100Mbit

Plan Name: MEGA256NC
1vCPU
256MB RAM
256MB vSwap
/64 IPv6 Subnet
4GB SAS 15k
500GB @ 1Gbit

Plan Name: MEGA256LA
1vCPU
256MB RAM
256MB vSwap
/64 IPv6 Subnet
4GB SSD Cached
500GB @ 100mbit

Plan Name: MEGA256DE
1vCPU
256MB RAM
256MB vSwap
/64 IPv6 Subnet
4GB HDD
250GB @ 100mbit

Plan Name: MEGA512NC
1vCPU
512MB RAM
512MB vSwap
/64 IPv6 Subnet
5GB SAS 15k
1000GB @ 1Gbit

Plan Name: MEGA512LA
1vCPU
512MB RAM
512MB vSwap
/64 IPv6 Subnet
5GB HDD
1000GB @ 100mbit

Plan Name: MEGA512DE
1vCPU
512MB RAM
512MB vSwap
/64 IPv6 Subnet
5GB HDD
400GB @ 100mbit

Plan Name: MEGA1024NC
1vCPU
1024MB RAM
1024MB vSwap
/64 IPv6 Subnet
7GB SAS 15k
1000GB @ 1Gbit

Plan Name: MEGA1024LA
1vCPU
1024MB RAM
1024MB vSwap
/64 IPv6 Subnet
7GB SAS 15k
1000GB @ 100mbit

Plan Name: MEGA1024DE
1vCPU
1024MB RAM
1024MB vSwap
/64 IPv6 Subnet
7GB SAS 15k
500GB @ 100mbit

Bundles

Plan Name: NANO128Bundle
1x NANO128NC
1x NANO128LA
1x NANO128DE

Plan Name: MEGA256Bundle
1x MEGA256NC
1x MEGA256LA
1x MEGA256DE

Plan Name: MEGA512Bundle
1x MEGA512NC
1x MEGA512LA
1x MEGA512DE

Plan Name: MEGA1024Bundle
1x MEGA1024NC
1x MEGA1024LA
1x MEGA1024DE

Available Operating Systems

64Bit Operating System32Bit Operating System
Centos 5.10 64Bit MinimalCentos 5.10 32Bit Minimal
Centos 6.5 64Bit MinimalCentos 6.5 32Bit Minimal
Debian 6.0 64Bit MinimalDebian 6.0 32Bit Minimal
Debian 7.0 64Bit MinimalDebian 7.0 32Bit Minimal
Debian 7 Turnkey openvpn 13.0 64Bit*Debian 7 Turnkey openvpn 13.0 32Bit*
Fedora 17 64Bit Minimal*Fedora 17 32Bit Minimal*
Fedora 20 64Bit Minimal*Fedora 20 32Bit Minimal*
Suse 12.1 64Bit Minimal*Suse 12.1 32Bit Minimal*
Ubuntu 12.04 64Bit MinimalUbuntu 12.04 32Bit Minimal
Ubuntu 14.04 64Bit MinimalUbuntu 14.04 32Bit Minimal

* By SolusVM Reload Only

Remember, This is a Very Minimal Support Service, although i try to make everyone happy and fix problems at earliest convenience. Do not Expect 24/7 Live Support.. And Please Remember that this is a NAT IPv4 Service, there is NO Dedicated IPv4 Address Included.

Billing: evoBilling.com

And that's all from me for now :)
oh.. P.S. Thanks GoodHosting for the Idea of Using Tables :-P

Regards

Ryan

Comments

• I'll be waiting a bit longer to do a formal review, as I've barely used the services more than a week. But I can say that the support has been great.

With any service like this there are always quirks, but Ryan has sorted them out quickly and been transparent about what the problem was.

I definitely recommend NanoVZ if you're looking for a cheap VPS in the US and Germany.

I used @Nyr's OpenVPN auto installer on one of the boxes and the speed was great. $4/yr for a VPN with 500GB bandwidth is pretty great - and I can still host a site or two on it.

• The 8€/y plan doesn't have public IPv4?

• AutoSnipeAutoSnipe Member
    edited October 2014

Well it does have a Public IPv4, it is just a Shared IPv4 Between the containers on the node @Chuck

• Come on a couple a quid a year .. that's unsustainable .. completely unsustainable.

In b4 deadpool

• Actually Quite Sustainable.. VERY Sustainable..
    all the other servers on lowendspirit.com proves it.. it's sustainable.. just not really very profitable.

Strip things to bare basics.. and it's Perfectly fine..

• @ATHK I just renewed a couple LowEndSpirit boxes.. obviously @AnthonySmith made it work.

• @mikeyur said:
    ATHK I just renewed a couple LowEndSpirit boxes.. obviously AnthonySmith made it work.

Depending on the location that is completely different...

Anthony runs a top notch service and has his own company* also rents LES off other company's probably with a price such as Ransom IT.

Anthony isn't a start up company he has a budget, knowledge and a reputation behind him .. you really can't compare him to this offer... That is actually quite disgraceful..

*correct me if I'm wrong here...

• I may be a "start up company" but doesnt mean im in it for the money.
    I have the means to pay for the servers on my own anyway. Ive done the research and chosen locations and servers that allow it to be sustainable.

If you dont want to purchase a vps and try it out i would prefer you keep your opinions to yourself.

• @ATHK I do agree that Anthony is a great businessman, but you're way off base on most everything else.

LES is not limited to one provider, other providers such as Ransom IT and @AutoSnipe have joined in - see the locations page and you'll see these offers listed (minus the 2 newest locations, since the site needs an update).

You'll also see 3 separate order links. As these providers handle billing directly. @AnthonySmith got the idea going, but seems to be very welcoming to others who can provide a similar service at a similar price point.

"This is unsustainable" - I was commenting on that previously, in the fact that Anthony obviously made it work for the initial LES locations - so why couldn't another provider? It's a break-even service, not a huge for-profit effort.

• Now I feel bad for derailing this thread.. @ATHK If you want to try one out, let me know which location you want and I'll buy you one - so you can say you tried it.

To anyone else:

Comment below and tell me what you'd do with 3 geographically diverse VPS's and I'll pick 2 folks and buy you a nanovz bundle.

Thanked by 1AutoSnipe
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2014

Just my 2c,

I spoke to Ryan a fair bit on Skype about this, while I welcome other hosts to do this and be listed along side the other LES locations I do have a check list before I will do that.

Ryan did tick all the boxes and he is actually doing some coding to help the wider LES community as a whole.

Honestly I don't see much reason for concern, despite having been in business 3 years before launching LES I still got a lot of flack when posting the first offer.

If it failed for any reason (I don't see why it would) as with any LES location I would look in to providing replacement services and honoring remaining credit.

mikeyur said: Comment below and tell me what you'd do with 3 geographically diverse VPS's

Get DDOS in three places at the same time :)

• Thanks @AnthonySmith and @mikeyur
    Although i do see the jump to three locations as fast (original plan was 1 NA and 1 EU server until EO2014) i managed to find a decent deal on a LA Server, so went for it.
    Both LA and NC are Prepayed 6 Months already (only reason germany hasn't is the provider doesn't support adding of credit yet)

And i too don't see why it would fail for any reason either.

Regards,
    Ryan

• @mikeyur said:
    Now I feel bad for derailing this thread..

You should ;)

ATHK If you want to try one out, let me know which location you want and I'll buy you one - so you can say you tried it.

I already have three champ...

To anyone else:

Comment below and tell me what you'd do with 3 geographically diverse VPS's and I'll pick 2 folks and buy you a nanovz bundle.

What you've said makes no difference to me anyway two three pound a year is not sustainable end of story...

• nice to see germany, i will consider this we i need it. Thanks

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Congratulations on your Deployment. Wish you all best and good luck.

• Nice offers @AutoSnipe, you make LES look more complete..

@mikeyur Kudos on your nice offer here. a /64 v6 allocation makes this special at this price. For me a bundle with 2 US and 1 EU location makes it perfect for a low end monitoring solution plus a pseudo HA webserver when used with cloudflare / rage4 dns

• @upfreak Good answer. Setup an account with the NanoVZ billing, then PM me the email you used to signup. Will get @AutoSnipe to transfer them over to your account.

Thanked by 1upfreak
  • Thanks @mikeyur I have PM'd you my email

• Got one to support this project.
    Nice locations and friendly support.

• @wlanboy I appreciate your guides, so if you want another in each location, my previous offer in the thread still stands and I'll pay for them - just let me know.

Also: I would read the hell out of a post on what you use on all your boxes, in a bit more detail than 'web server' etc. Always gives me new ideas/things to test out.

• trexostrexos Member
    edited October 2014

@mikeyur you could use one of these sexy beasts as your own IPv6 tunnel. Don't know if your ISP supports IPv6, but here In germany nearly none does. So this is a great way to really use the /64 subnet. If you are interested you could take a look at @Nyr's tutorial for OpenVPN. A VPN is btw another great use of these LES-styled VPS. I used to have a LES as VPN for public wifis. Another useful option is to run a teamspeak server to stay in contact with your friends. I used the UK LES location for this for over a year. If you aren't the guy who talks a lot and you prefer writing, why not set up a IRC bouncer? 128MB should be the perfect box for that. If you want to share text files/program code you could install a webserver and a script like PASTE on it and use it as your own pastebin alternative. So as you see, there are always things to do :)

• @trexos No ISPs here have IPv6 going yet. Problem is that you need to use a tunnel on OpenVZ - I'm already doing this with a ramnode box so I can get into my v6 stuff (ie. LES).

Lots of good ideas there though. Setup an account with the NanoVZ billing panel and PM me the email you used - I'll buy you a bundle and get it transferred over :)

Thanked by 1trexos
  • trexostrexos Member
    edited October 2014

@mikeyur
    thanks! just wrote you a pm. If you have any questions on how to set these things up, just ask me.

btw @AutoSnipe I like that you hide the password in the email :)

• @trexos @mikeyur - Transfer of VM's has been completed. :)

Yes, well i hate having my passwords sent via unsecure means, so for the matter of safety of peoples accounts, chose to block the passwords.

Regards,
    Ryan

Thanked by 1trexos