Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Clients! What kind of hosting control panel do you prefer? DA vs IW
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Clients! What kind of hosting control panel do you prefer? DA vs IW

Hello,

I wanted to know because i use interworx control panel at my company , but as i saw many clients not know it , then not want to try because its not popular.

What do you think?

Will you use InterWorx or Directadmin as a client?
I not ask functions , just imagine. You are a client who want shared hosting , and have to choose between interworx or directadmin. Who win :)?

Regards
Peter

DA or IW?
  1. What will you use? DA or IW?37 votes
    1. InterWorx
      48.65%
    2. Directadmin
      51.35%

Comments

• There's no neither of the above option.

• cPanel or Plesk.

Thanked by 2gestiondbi TheKiller
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@pbalazs123 said:
    cPanel or Plesk.

I also prefer cPanel and Plesk12

• Customers mostly want cPanel, they compromise only on budget solutions...

Thanked by 1eLohkCalb
  • @coolice said:
    Customers mostly want cPanel, they compromise only on budget solutions...

Actually i dont like cPanel thats why we use interworx. But in Hungary my clients love it... but thats just the Hungarian clients :)

• rokokrokok Member
    edited October 2014

Vote Direct admin - more popular for general users. DA has more tutor / help / info from internet for noob users :p

Please stay on topic, op ask comparison of 2 option.

• ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited October 2014

@rokok said:
    Vote Direct admin - more popular for general users. DA has more tutor / help / info from internet for noob users :p

Please stay on topic, op ask comparison of 2 option.

Hmmm sure. Also interworx owned is 500USD and Directadmin owned 300 USD
    But InterWorx should be popular.... because its great!

• I voted for DA simply because I am not familiar with InterWorx.

• coolicecoolice Member
    edited October 2014

To stay on topic my opinion InterWorx work look shinier it will be easy to sell that to users that are not technically literate...

DA look oldschool...

Leased licenses prices are on favor of Interworkx, if the license is not given by the datacenter (I think I saw some offers for dedi with + $5 DA a time ago)

PS I was wondering does Interworx can limit hourly mails send per clinent... that option save me several on several occasions as hosting... (their demo do not working at the moment to check it myself)

Local competitors that run other panels got a lot of problem with that...

• client-wise they are both very good panels and not very difficult to use for people that are new to shared hosting. I would say that other panels like cPanel are more overwhelming than necessary for beginners.

I'm surprised that you ask this question though @zweitiger - choosing a panel should be based on what fits the best in your current setup for perfect automation and functionality, in the end all those panels do offer almost the same range of functions to clients.

• Those are both good panels. Directadmin is more mature than interworks, but the second one is much more modern to look, use and feel, something that is very critical in host business (that's why, IMHO, Cpanel is so popular, because the majority of noobies and people that just want a simple host, are familiar with).

edited October 2014

@Mark_R said:
    client-wise they are both very good panels and not very difficult to use for people that are new to shared hosting. I would say that other panels like cPanel are more overwhelming than necessary for beginners.

I'm surprised that you ask this question though zweitiger - choosing a panel should be based on what fits the best in your current setup for perfect automation and functionality, in the end all those panels do offer almost the same range of functions to clients.

We use almost a year interworx panel , just we opened our internationally site now and wanted to know clients which panel could love.. except cPanel which i really dont like.

• This exact same thread was already made a few times... good job reposting.

• @GoodHosting said:
    This exact same thread was already made a few times... good job reposting.

Thank you for your useless post.

The threads are different , not the same.

• @ZweiTiger said:
    The threads are different , not the same.

No, there literally is an identical thread where a provider asked if customers would rather Interworx or DirectAdmin.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

I think DirectAdmin is going down because of Impenetrable license policy.

• Honsetly I'd prefer to use cPanel or Plesk if I was a client.

• @DewlanceVPS said:
    I think DirectAdmin is going down because of Impenetrable license policy.

Seems clear to me? Lifetime license for personal or Code 500 if you resell.

• @GoodHosting said:
    No, there literally is an identical thread where a provider asked if customers would rather Interworx or DirectAdmin.

Yes its not the same but similar. So sorry :)

@Raymii said:

If you are a reseller you could get owned lciense for 150USD. Or anything like this.

• cPanel for web hosting, SolusVM for VPS Hosting.

• You'll find most clients on a shared hosting platform will be more familiar with cPanel and the odd client familiar with Plesk. After playing with InterWorx for the last few months and using DirectAdmin in the past I found InterWorx to be a decent control panel and easy to use.

Personally if cPanel or Plesk was not an available option and I was left to choose between InterWorx or DirectAdmin I would go with InterWorx hands down.

• I prefer InterWorx personally, but you could check out this feature comparison (albeit a bit outdated) that compares the two. http://www.interworx.com/cpanel-plesk-directadmin-interworx-comparison/

• Da all the way

edited October 2014

@layerbyte_ben said:
    You'll find most clients on a shared hosting platform will be more familiar with cPanel and the odd client familiar with Plesk. After playing with InterWorx for the last few months and using DirectAdmin in the past I found InterWorx to be a decent control panel and easy to use.

Personally if cPanel or Plesk was not an available option and I was left to choose between InterWorx or DirectAdmin I would go with InterWorx hands down.

@LinuxGeek9943 said:
    I prefer InterWorx personally, but you could check out this feature comparison (albeit a bit outdated) that compares the two. http://www.interworx.com/cpanel-plesk-directadmin-interworx-comparison/

What will you choose then...

InterWorx - 500USD owned license with 6 month updates OR
    Directadmin - 150USD (internal license) owned with lifetime updates.

So.. what now :)?

I am really interested in your answers guys!

• None of these. I will go for cPanel.

• @ZweiTiger said:
    What will you choose then...

>

InterWorx - 500USD owned license with 6 month updates OR Directadmin - 150USD >(internal license) owned with lifetime updates.

>

So.. what now :)?

>

I am really interested in your answers guys!

If it was between the two options you listed, I would go with InterWorx. A good read you might want to take a look at is a document published by Rack911 Labs, search Google for RACK911 Labs – Year In Review (2013) and take a look.

• I've only used DA and it's one of my favorite panels.