Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback on our website
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback on our website

Hey guys,

We are in the process of redesigning some parts of out website. We need your feedback; how can we improve it, whats lacking, whats good and whats not.

Website is https://www.epidrive.com

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Orange is bad.

• EpidriveEpidrive Member
    edited October 2014

What do you prefer?

• @Epidrive said:
    0xdragon

Well, for the logo you have, maybe the light grey? It'd be the same colour to match that? Or just really anything but orange.

• BK_BK_ Member
    edited October 2014

"3-Day Money Back Guarantee

This will be on a case-to-case basis*"

What a nicely worded guarantee.

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

All of the orange reminds me of RamNode a bit.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • I agree with @matthewvz ... orange=ramnode ..... :P ... Use cyan ...

• Well we wouldnt want to change our color anytime soon, maybe we could add a bit more colors though.

How do you guys think of the homepage and the plan page itself..?

• MrXMrX Member

It is a perfectly average and design-wise completely uninteresting website. Easy to navigate. I know where to click to find what. Good font sizes. The orange is maybe a bit too loud for some.

Extremely generic, which is not a bad thing.

Thanked by 1Epidrive
  • shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

It's professional and good.

Thanked by 1Epidrive
  • I like oranges

Thanked by 1Epidrive
  • I'm not from the area, but if I remember correctly, that's one huge country…

Also, the logo is usually a link to the home page. Not sure why you haven't made it one.
    And since you're already advertising your three guarantees, why not give specifics on what you're planning to do should you ever be unable to fulfill one of them (e.g. excessive downtime)? There's even an asterisk next to the "Money Back Guarantee" that doesn't seem to point anywhere.

Thanked by 2ihatetonyy Epidrive
  • Your theme is Orange, Black, and Grey. I personally like this combination.

Pros:

• Color scheme consistency
    • Clean design and easy of navigation

Cons:

• Non-responive layout
    • There's too much whitespace in the header.
    • Your images are not retina-ready. They look very blurry on a Retina Display
    • You use image-based typography in your slides
    • No webfoot use (FontAwesome or Glyphicons)
    • Logo is not a link to the homepage

You might wish to add a looking-glass or a test IP, maybe more information on your datacenter location etc...

Thanked by 2Epidrive ucxo
  • Thanks for the feedbacks guys! This helps a lot

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited October 2014

Pricing advertised a little disingenuous IMO: yes, you're technically able to get service for as low as $9.95/mo.. with 2 year prepayment.

At least advertise the total price or do like 95% of other hosts and advertise your month-to-month price.

• I like it. I'm not too keen on the bar at the top of the web page though, maybe you could remove that and try and find a place for those links somewhere else? Apart from that I can't really see anything else wrong with it!! Good job.

• Orange is good! Attractive site, clear navigation.