Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualizor Performance
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualizor Performance

Hi,

I installed Virtualizor KVM on my server. Someone can share tuning/config virtualizor for performance? Thanks.

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

What problems are you having?

• jazz1611jazz1611 Member
    edited October 2014

@trewq: i ordered server OVH SP-64 with 3x2TB LSI-9271-4i Cache 1GB. Now my node load high %wa and CPU. I think issues from OVH enable Cached.

P/S: i migrate vm from Proxmox to Virtualizor. I think OS on VM installed from Proxmox not compatible with Virtualizor. Sorry for poor english.

• Proxmox uses qcow2 format. Did you make them to raw and then dd it to the Virtualizor VM disk. We are making a converter script for proxmox as well

• jazz1611jazz1611 Member
    edited October 2014

@virtualizor: i use raw format for KVM. i download file .raw to virtualizor and rename to .img then add template for create vps with template created. Also, i see %st on VM so high on Virtualizor. On Proxmox, %st on VM dont show. Same resource, os on VM but %st very different.

• About the template, if your template is using a different partition scheme like lets say LVM, Virtualizor will start the VPS but the disk space will not be auto resized. Virtualizor resizes the disk space if it has only one partition and a swap partition (which is optional)

About the CPU % we will need to see the server. Can you open a ticket ? Also how different is the CPU usage ? We have got many webhosts using Virtualizor with KVM. You can set the CPU % restriction for the VM. I am not sure if proxmox already does that by default, but a CPU % restriction will restrict the CPU usage of the VM.

• @virtualizor said:
    About the template, if your template is using a different partition scheme like lets say LVM, Virtualizor will start the VPS but the disk space will not be auto resized. Virtualizor resizes the disk space if it has only one partition and a swap partition (which is optional)

About the CPU % we will need to see the server. Can you open a ticket ? Also how different is the CPU usage ? We have got many webhosts using Virtualizor with KVM. You can set the CPU % restriction for the VM. I am not sure if proxmox already does that by default, but a CPU % restriction will restrict the CPU usage of the VM.

Currently I'm using kvm with virtualizor,I'm little bit confused with cpu % restriction ,let's say I have 10 core and if I want to restrict 1 core is it 10% or 100% ?

• @robohost: if you restrict 1 core is 10%, that mean your VM will use 10% of 1 core. but performance will bad/low.

• @jazz1611 said:
    robohost: if you restrict 1 core is 10%, that mean your VM will use 10% of 1 core. but performance will bad/low.

If I have 10 core it's mean I have 1000%?

• @robohost: no. ex: you have server 8 Core. 1 Core 2.5Ghz. Total 8 Core x 2.5Ghz. If you set 1 Core 10% for VM. The VM can use 10% (250Mhz) of 1 Core 2.5Ghz.

• So I can create 10x 100% vm?

• @robohost said:
    So I can create 10x 100% vm?

100% means 100% of 1 physical cpu core. If you create a vps with 4 cores & want it to be able to use all of them, you have to set CPU % to 400%

• @K2Bytes @robohost: or set cpu 0% restriction. That mean vm can use all resource of 4 core.

• virtualizorvirtualizor Member
    edited October 2014

@jazz1611 said:
    robohost: no. ex: you have server 8 Core. 1 Core 2.5Ghz. Total 8 Core x 2.5Ghz. If you set 1 Core 10% for VM. The VM can use 10% (250Mhz) of 1 Core 2.5Ghz.

When you have a Cpu of 2.5 GHz with 8 cores your total clock speed is 2.5 GHz and not that of one core. Basically each core has 2.5 GHz but you can't multiply them and say you have 20 ghz

• virtualizor said: Proxmox uses qcow2 format. Did you make them to raw and then dd it to the Virtualizor VM disk. We are making a converter script for proxmox as well

Is this script really made ? thanks