Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BoltVM is bad service or thief money ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BoltVM is bad service or thief money ?

aditya09aditya09 Member
edited October 2014 in Reviews

I signed up in september boltvm.
I took a package of 1 year.
safety first month.
but when entered in October.
suspend my vps, and when asked why suspension.
beating around the bush why.
to terminate my account.
please see my chat with him on the ticket.

1 > http://prntscr.com/4sj3xd

2 > http://prntscr.com/4sj41l

3 > http://prntscr.com/4sj46y

4 > http://prntscr.com/4sj4h5

5 > http://prntscr.com/4sj4kr

6 > http://prntscr.com/4sj4pw

7 > http://prntscr.com/4sj5iy

8 > http://prntscr.com/4sj5le

and because my ticket no response again.
I tried to contact the email, I suppose it makes it to the admin.
but it turns out to he.

1. http://prntscr.com/4sj5tr

2. http://prntscr.com/4sj6av

when I ask for a refund. he did not answer his.

I think it's me who become victims.
There should not be a victim again :)

Comments

• aditya09aditya09 Member
    edited October 2014

sorry if my writing is messy.
    I am still new here.
    and I use the google translate.
    link vps > boltvm.com

• GreenHostBoxGreenHostBox Member
    edited October 2014
    1. They thought your VPS was suspended due to not subscribing to Virtualizor. What?... Virtualizor is a web-based VPS control panel..
    2. They have no idea why your VPS was suspended so they unsuspended it.
    3. They find it's due to CPU abuse.
    4. Then they say it's actually not CPU abuse but actually due to your VPS reaching your bandwidth limit.
    5. Then they suspect the VPS have sent outbound DDoS attacks and that your VPS was possibly hacked.
    6. They terminate your VPS thinking you were abusing your VPS.
    7. Then they say your VPS was terminated due to "rude replies in the ticket".
    8. Ignored with no logs.

Either they don't know what they're doing or your VPS was actually sending out DDoS attacks since high usage of CPU and bandwidth is normal when sending out DDoS attacks. May even be both.
  • yeah.
    beating around the bush they speak.
    makes me confused and emotional.

• If you did get hacked, and an outbound DDoS did use up all of your bandwidth allowance, that's your own problem not the providers. It's an unmanaged VPS and your responsibility to manage it.

You also certainly didn't really help by bumping your ticket after 30 mins and then again after 2 mins

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @GreenHostBox also seems their Virtualizor license had expired, in the first screenshot they say they forgot to subscribe to Virtualizor.

• Thanks for helping me in making my decision :-)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Been using them for observium, not really had any issues.

• Steven_FSteven_F Member
    edited October 2014

To clarify what happened.

WHMCS and our current anti-abuse system are not integrated. However, there were no logs of the suspension (which there normally are), so we were unsure and assumed something had gone haywire. I unsuspended the VPS.

Upon further investigation, we find out that it was in-fact due to CPU abuse. So, when the ticket was reopened, it was assumed to be CPU abuse again. We double checked and then noticed it was for bandwidth usage (all outbound).

We did not terminate his VPS for CPU abuse, we're very, very liberal about CPU use. We have many clients averaging high loads 24x7. As long as you're not affecting other clients and the resources are available, go ahead. That's our policy.

The client was then rude in communications and we terminated him, as we 100% do not tolerate any abuse of our staff members.

We do not handle billing during non-business hours. As you can see, our support is pretty damn responsive. When either Jared is on-call or I'm on-call, we work hard to get to every technical ticket in minutes.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask. As long as it does not violate this customer's privacy, we're happy to answer it.

Edit:
    To note, I actually responded much faster, while I was driving, to some of the replies. Only after did I remember that my phone's e-mails go straight to Spam as it's not configured to use Mandrill. [If anyone knows of a great mail client for Android, please PM me! It'd be so much appreciated.]

edited October 2014

@Steven_F said:
    To clarify what happened.

WHMCS and our current anti-abuse system are not integrated. However, there were no logs of the suspension (which there normally are), so we were unsure and assumed something had gone haywire. I unsuspended the VPS.

Upon further investigation, we find out that it was in-fact due to CPU abuse. So, when the ticket was reopened, it was assumed to be CPU abuse again. We double checked and then noticed it was for bandwidth usage (all outbound).

We did not terminate his VPS for CPU abuse, we're very, very liberal about CPU use. We have many clients averaging high loads 24x7. As long as you're not affecting other clients and the resources are available, go ahead. That's our policy.

The client was then rude in communications and we terminated him, as we 100% do not tolerate any abuse of our staff members.

We do not handle billing during non-business hours. As you can see, our support is pretty damn responsive. When either Jared is on-call or I'm on-call, we work hard to get to every technical ticket in minutes.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask. As long as it does not violate this customer's privacy, we're happy to answer it.

Edit:
    To note, I actually responded much faster, while I was driving, to some of the replies. Only after did I remember that my phone's e-mails go straight to Spam as it's not configured to use Mandrill. [If anyone knows of a great mail client for Android, please PM me! It'd be so much appreciated.]

This isn't about your support response time and he was never shown to be rude in the tickets. Please show us an example on one of his rude responses before his VPS termination, if there is one. He was confused on what was going on and asked for guidance but you decided to just jump the gun and terminate him. You do not have a TOS/AUP so I don't know what "policy" you are mentioning about CPU abuses. You don't even have a privacy policy.

Thanked by 2Spencer k0nsl
  • one simple question to OP, what u doing with vps? purpose?

ddos and spam mail mostly no no for all provider

from my perspective inbound ddos is not 99% client fault, haters anywhere even they dont even know you, so there should be some excuse (hopefully) but outbound ddos is clearly your fault for not securing your vps on unmanaged vps.

im using boltvm and very pleased, and yes they support respond is above average compares to others, very fast :)

• http://prntscr.com/4sj4kr

Whether or not you agree with us, we interpreted the comments as rude and we have no tolerance. We work hard to provide extremely quick support, 24x7.

@rokok said:
    one simple question to OP, what u doing with vps? purpose?

ddos and spam mail mostly no no for all provider

from my perspective inbound ddos is not 99% client fault, haters anywhere even they dont even know you, so there should be some excuse (hopefully) but outbound ddos is clearly your fault for not securing your vps on unmanaged vps.

im using boltvm and very pleased, and yes they support respond is above average compares to others, very fast :)

Glad to hear! This was pure outbound usage, though. We're trying to get our upstream to null route on outbound DDoS, though it's not so easy as there are legitimate uses and it rarely affects other users like inbound DDoS, as it's limited.

• @Steven_F said:

If you're unsure you should re-check things and make sure. Relying on WHMCS alone is not enough since issues on the server rarely posted back to WHMCS.

Making mistakes is a human nature, but too many mistakes in one incident makes it doubtful if you know what you're doing. I am counting not renewing virtualizor license, didn't make sure the cause of suspension, "it was this, oh no it was that". Though some of these might be presented better with good wording.

I also do not see the client as rude, just not good English. Looks like he's from Indonesia.

Response times are good, some were responded in minutes. It's just that the client looks impatient and bumping tickets...

• @DalComp said:

Try triple checking. Nothing came up.

Again, you may not agree with us, but we interpreted his comment as rude.

• @Steven_F said:

Agree to disagree. :)

Try triple checking. Nothing came up.

You should at least noticed the high bandwidth usage? Or it wasn't maxed yet when you did the first unsuspension?

• BradBrad Member
    edited October 2014

@Steven_F said:

Is there not a log function in Virtualizor? Also, if you consider that rude...you haven't seen much.

• Steven_FSteven_F Member
    edited October 2014

@DalComp said:
    You should at least noticed the high bandwidth usage? Or it wasn't maxed yet when you did the first unsuspension?

At the first suspension, for CPU abuse, it was relatively low. Otherwise, I would have noticed a lot sooner.

@Brad It logs certain things, but this suspension was not done via Virtualizor.

I've terminated several customers for rude behavior. We don't tolerate it, at any level (I've terminated several dedicated server clients who we made good money off of). For $15 a year, if you want a VPS with the level of support we provide, I expect you to treat us with respect. Plain and simple. Besides for the fact that we're also human beings...

• So was the reasons why he was terminated include CPU abuses, reaching his bandwidth limit, and/or possible outbound DDoS attacks?

• @GreenHostBox said:
    So was the reasons why he was terminated include CPU abuses, reaching his bandwidth limit, and/or possible outbound DDoS attacks?

You have an odd interest in this thread. I think we clearly stated why he was being terminated.

• @Steven_F said:
    You have an odd interest in this thread. I think we clearly stated why he was being terminated.

I'm just looking out for the client. If you interpreted that the replies were rude then that's fine by me. I'm just coming from my own opinions and there would no point of arguing when I can't force you to change your belief. I was a little confused on the main reason why he was terminated because you kept on switching reasons on why he was terminated. Your support response times were good but the actual level of support shown in the ticket were lacking.

• His VPS was suspended due to CPU abuse. It was again suspended, because he used all of his bandwidth.

We typically give two or three CPU abuse suspensions before terminating.

He was terminated purely for, what we felt were, rude replies. If you let me know what you feel is lacking, I'd appreciate it. We're always looking for opportunities to improve.

edited October 2014

@Steven_F said:
    His VPS was suspended due to CPU abuse. It was again suspended, because he used all of his bandwidth.

We typically give two or three CPU abuse suspensions before terminating.

He was terminated purely for, what we felt were, rude replies. If you let me know what you feel is lacking, I'd appreciate it. We're always looking for opportunities to improve.

What was lacking was a clear explanation of what caused the VPS to be suspended. It seemed like you were rushing and didn't know what was going on, which was shown especially when you replied in the ticket that Virtualizor was the reason why his VPS was suspended. It's not about how fast you can reply to a ticket, it's about the quality of the support and how well you can fix an issue. I also misunderstood you because in the ticket, you said the VPS wasn't suspended for CPU abuse but now you're telling me his VPS was suspended because of CPU abuse. Now that you have clarified all of this up, it is making a little bit more sense now.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • No logs = No proofs

The reason for terminating is threatening.

Any word may possibly describe as rude.

I care about my data so thanks for the information.

• been using their service since pre launch no issue at all
    56 days uptime :)

• @Acacy said:
    been using their service since pre launch no issue at all
    56 days uptime :)

Doesn't help.

For $15 a year, if you want a VPS with the level of support we provide, I expect you to treat us with respect. Plain and simple. Besides for the fact that we're also human beings...

Why should you treat a customer who pays $15/year differently than one that pays $15/mo? They're both clients and if anything, you should be paying the respect. I get that if the client pushes to the extreme, you have the full right to deny them service...but clients are clients: they all should be treated equally. Furthermore, you're not providing any evidence/logs of the outbound attacks sent by the customer.

Thanked by 2netomx Mark_R
  • @Steven_F said:

IMO he wasn't try to be rude at all. He used Google translator. I think you just give him refund, and tell him you guys cannot support clients who don't know English.

• @Brad said:
    Why should you treat a customer who pays $15/year differently than one that pays $15/mo? They're both clients and if anything, you should be paying the respect. I get that if the client pushes to the extreme, you have the full right to deny them service...but clients are clients: they all should be treated equally. Furthermore, you're not providing any evidence/logs of the outbound attacks sent by the customer.

As I mentioned above, we've terminated clients that bring in a healthy amount of money for similar attitudes.

So, now I need to provide LET logs?

@c1bl said:
    IMO he wasn't try to be rude at all. He used Google translator. I think you just give him refund, and tell him you guys cannot support clients who don't know English.

As we don't handle billing or sales related tickets during non-business hours, we have not looked at his ticket.

• I'll just keep calm and repeat this in my head over and over: I'm not touching this one. I'm not touching this one.

• Lowendtrial in session. What's the verdict?

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • edited October 2014

@greenhostbox Really what is your interest in what Steven_F's company does? Maybe you been in situation where you didn't clearly explain something or there was a misunderstanding. But i think you should be worrying about your own business!

edited October 2014

@aggressivenetworks said:
    greenhostbox Really what is your interest in what the Steven_F company does? Maybe you been in situation where you didn't clearly explain something or there was a misunderstanding. But i think you should be worrying about your business!

I have no interest in the company. My only interest is defending for the client as I am agreeing with his side. There's nothing to worry about for my business as we have answered all of our tickets promptly and easily taken care of the recent DDoS attacks we were receiving.

This discussion has been closed.