Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr now accepting Bitcoin +$5 Bonus
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr now accepting Bitcoin +$5 Bonus

Due to popular demand we have added BTC as a payment method on Vultr. New accounts funded with bitcoin will also receive a $5 Bonus Credit.

https://www.vultr.com/news/45/Now-Accepting-Bitcoin

Note: Transaction verification can take up to 120 minutes.

Comments

• Does that mean you can also anonymously sign-up with invalid details? As bitcoin is otherwise useless.

• @tr1cky said:
    Does that mean you can also anonymously sign-up with invalid details? As bitcoin is otherwise useless.

Are you kidding? It's one more payment option, available to those of us that can't or don't want to use Paypal/CC. What's useless about that?

Thanked by 1jebber
  • Well, the excitement in the skiddie crowd just went up.

Thanked by 1george
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2014

Checked this out of curiousity, they use https://bitpay.com/
    ...and that's such a nifty service. The ordering process looks even more polished than at Paypal etc.
    Also they provide a better exchange rate at the moment than even at btc-e.com.

Aside from that, another thing I notice is that the bandwidth allocations have been increased somewhat in Japan, earlier it was 100 GB on the $5 plan, now 200 GB, nice to see that. Oh and a setting to stop the VM on bandwidth overuse, instead of incurring charges -- absolutely amazing.

• You mean you accept Bitcoin*

*USD from Bitpay, no one is dumb enough to accept actual Bitcoin

• tr1cky said: As bitcoin is otherwise useless.

I don't know, having 0% transaction fees are nice for micro transactions. I also like having the ability to view every transaction that was ever committed - no government in the world gives that transparency.

• texteditor said: You mean you accept Bitcoin*

*USD from Bitpay, no one is dumb enough to accept actual Bitcoin

You are too conservative. Bitcoin is the most powerful and modern payment this day. I do not want to turn the thread into the argument about the usefulness of Bitcoin, but opening mind and accepting new things are the key to get creation :)

• Bitcoin is an unbelievably good vehicle for frictionless commerce. We find it opens our service to many people who otherwise wouldn't be able to use it. Definitely some downside with its anonymity from a fraud perspective but we think the good outweighs the bad at this point.

• @Silvenga said:
    I don't know, having 0% transaction fees

Except for the not-mandatory (but actually completely mandatory if you want your transaction processed in under an hour) transaction fees you have to pay to miners

windytime90 said: You are too conservative. Bitcoin is the most powerful and modern payment this day. I do not want to turn the thread into the argument about the usefulness of Bitcoin, but opening mind and accepting new things are the key to get creation :)

I have been following the libertarian wet-dream/financial and technical train-wreck that is Bitcoin since 2011 before buttcoin.org was created to document to overwhelming supply of idiocy surround cryptocurrency and its cultish followers. Something that is 'powerful' and 'useful' shouldn't have a hard technical limit of 7 transactions a second or miss out on all the benefits of fraud protection or leave one's savings at the mercy of their protection of one private key file.

But go ahead, keep on believing that the rest of humanity is just itching to make all their payments by scanning QR codes and then hoping that the transaction isn't ignored by miners and processed in a timely fashion in a currency that forfeits their ability to seek any and all recourse against a dishonest merchant.

Bitcoin is, at best, a way to sucker techno-goldbugs and stupid VCs out of their money, and possibly a decent money-laundering vehicle

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@DaveA i still have some DogeCoin, so what about other coins?

• Is this an additional $5 when opening an account with bit coin, or the standard $5 credit when opening a new account?

• Great move Vultr!

It is nice to see Bitcoin being supported by more providers.