Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Giving away 4 256mb KVM SSD VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Giving away 4 256mb KVM SSD VPS

edited October 2014 in Providers

Like the title says I've come to an understanding that unless people experience your services they dont consider buying / even looking at them.

So I'd like to give away 4 of VPS 1 plans for 1 month to 3 reputed + honest ( I dont mind if you shame the services I appreciate honest crtics ) REVIEW WRITERS

Providers / Consumers alike can recommend / refer people who qualify the above requirements

Thanked by 2ehab support123

Comments

• I recommend @0xdragon.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • I love it but I will pass, 256mb just not for me. Thanks anyway.

• giveaway but just 1 month :), giveaway or trial?LOL

• @tommy said:
    giveaway but just 1 month :), giveaway or trial?LOL

You think 1 month isnt enough to do a possible research on the quality of a vps

• @Noerman said:
    I love it but I will pass, 256mb just not for me. Thanks anyway.

What would you recommend

• @VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    I've come to an understanding that unless people experience your services they dont consider buying / even looking at them.

Its not really that. Its all about the reputation you build on forums like this. You wont get sales overnight. You need to essentially prove you are up for the job and that is via things you say and post. For example, (i am not aiming at you personally) if through your post you prove you do not have good knowledge on important aspects, then obviously some people would be a bit hesitant.

• wychwych Member
    edited October 2014

@PremiumN said:
    Its not really that. Its all about the reputation you build on forums like this. You wont get sales overnight. You need to essentially prove you are up for the job and that is via things you say and post. For example, (i am not aiming at you personally) if through your post you prove you do not have good knowledge on important aspects, then obviously some people would be a bit hesitant.

Also, don't try and be a know it all ;)

• wych said: Also, don't try and be a know it all ;)

I know. I know.

• edited October 2014

To be honest i never tried to be a know all i do come for help when i need.

Not targetting sales overnight giving an opportunity for people ( whom the community trust ) to try the service.

• @VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    To be honest i never tried ot be a know all i do come for help when i need.

It was a joke. I am clearly not funny.

• @wych said:
    It was a joke. I am clearly not funny.

Since it was a review thread i thought you were being serious

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I could do a review but if your service is bad you will end like that: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/33805/phase-7-downtime-downtime-and-useless-support#latest

• @Infinity580 said:
    I could do a review but if your service is bad you will end like that: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/33805/phase-7-downtime-downtime-and-useless-support#latest

Signup for the VPS 1 plan , on www.vpsraid.com & open a ticket ill process the order.

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

IMHO 1 month is not enough to judge a host, the first month could be amazing and perfect and the second month could have nothing but downtime and problems.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • guitarfireguitarfire Member
    edited October 2014

I am happy to see another host from India :) There is something fundamentally wrong with your business plan. I can get the same VPS, from a well known and reputed provider like Ramnode or INIZ. Moreover, I am not ready to take a risk with a new provider.
    Why don't you see a big gap in the low end market in India? My university blocks a lot of ports and a VPN in India would be a perfect choice without any latency. A really low end box with 128MB RAM, hosted in India, would sell like hotcakes..!
    Apart from that, thanks for the offer. I don't think I will have time to test it.

• bizzardbizzard Member
    edited October 2014

@guitarfire I had the idea of setting up low end boxes hosted in India. Contacted few of the datacenters here. Renting out servers are not an option given the prices. Colocation might be possible, again IP and bandwidth costs are much high and IPv6 adoption is nearly Zero. So, just dropped the plan for now.

There are few good providers who have servers in India. Prometheus is one (Not sure its just for iwstack) and I can't remeber the name of another provider who is fairly active here.

• @bizzard
    I guess, considering the state of the data centers in India, bandwidth will be sedate and extravagant. I can even manage with NAT allocated IP. The naked truth is no one in India does that. I don't know anything about pricing. How much did they quote for colocation?

• edited October 2014

for a basic 100gb bandwidth on a premium 100 mbps colocation with 1 ip costs you 100$ per month

@guitarfire

As for what you mentioned about RamNode and INIZ i agreee but that just doesnt stop others from entering the market. Future is mysterious.

@matthewvz how many months do you suggest should i provide ? 6 months would be a great deal wouldn't you say

• @VPSRAIDSolutions
    Leapswitch has a great deal in low end range. The price you are quoting is too high in my opinion. My main issue is that, I don't need a large VPS for proxy, any reasonable bandwidth will do. One can actually buy a KVM from Leapswitch and offer lowendspirit style boxes, what do you say @bizzard ?

Thanked by 1leapswitch

VPSRAIDSolutions said: @matthewvz how many months do you suggest should i provide ? 6 months would be a great deal wouldn't you say

Sounds fair to me. Gives a good gauge on uptime and performance.

• @guitarfire said:
    VPSRAIDSolutions
    Leapswitch has a great deal in low end range. The price you are quoting is too high in my opinion. My main issue is that, I don't need a large VPS for proxy, any reasonable bandwidth will do. One can actually buy a KVM from Leapswitch and offer lowendspirit style boxes, what do you say bizzard ?

you asked for price i gave you its for co-location from CTRLS DATACENTER

www.ctrls.in

there are spectranet.com , pioneer e labs many providers but cost is like high . Only cheap provider according to me I've seen HostDime in India. providing 5 ips 1 TB bandwidth and a I3 node for 200$ lol

• geekalotgeekalot Member
    edited October 2014

@VPSRAIDSolutions: Don't fall into a trap. (Remember I am one of the ones who suggested the rebranding to you?) I don't know what it is, but it just seems that a few on this board just have something against you (or possibly against people, of, Indian, decent?).

30 days FREE is ENOUGH. I know it is not enough to fully see how a provider performs, but IMHO you can't give away the whole store for free either.

Users need to put some skin in the game themselves.

Also, you could become a magnet for abusers: SPAM, DDoS, etc who will dirty your IP's and potentially have you lose other paying customers.

IMHO, anyone wants it for more than 30 day free trial (obviously, they must think it is decent enough at that point), let them pay. Period.

Be careful what you wish for ......... you just might get it (in a bad way).

Cheers

Thanked by 1jebber
  • @matthewvz said:
    Sounds fair to me. Gives a good gauge on uptime and performance.

please open a ticket after order. Ill process it !

• edited October 2014

@geekalot said:

Thank you for mentioning that , I've kept that in mind so im only taking in valid and reputed ( well-known ) people for reviewing and not the general consumers.

Infinity,0xdragon come under them

matthewvz I dont know much but doesnt hurt to try

@geekalot said:
    VPSRAIDSolutions: Don't fall into a trap. (Remember I am one of the ones who suggested the rebranding to you?) I don't know what it is, but it just seems that a few on this board just have something against you (or possibly against people, of, Indian, decent?).

30 days FREE is ENOUGH. I know it is not enough to fully see how a provider performs, but IMHO you can't give away the whole store for free either.

Users need to put some skin in the game themselves.

Also, you could become a magnet for abusers: SPAM, DDoS, etc who will dirty your IP's and potentially have you lose other paying customers.

IMHO, anyone wants it for more than 30 day free trial (obviously, they must think it is decent enough at that point), let them pay. Period.

Be careful what you wish for ......... you just might get it (in a bad way).

Cheers

A good deal of what @geekalot says is very valid. You can block port 25 to prevent spam, limit the port speed to limit outbound DDoS attacks. I have been with a few providers where the first month or so everything was awesome and everything goes downhill (GreenValueHost as an example).

• @matthewvz said:
    A good deal of what geekalot says is very valid. You can block port 25 to prevent spam, limit the port speed to limit outbound DDoS attacks. I have been with a few providers where the first month or so everything was awesome and everything goes downhill (GreenValueHost as an example).

@mattewvz, I agree with you on all points. That can help to mitigate risks to @VPSRAIDSolutions during the "free trial" phase. And, then he has to continue with stellar service after 30 days ...... or else LET will definitely hear about it. :-)

• @geekalot said:

Thanks for showing concern for me surely if theres anything I could do to help you please let me know

@matthewvz said

Would you like to start ?

• geekalotgeekalot Member
    edited October 2014

@VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    Thanks for showing concern for me surely if theres anything I could do to help you please let me know

No worries Dude, I am not looking for anything (right now, lol) -- I just passionately believe that everyone deserves at least a first chance; and if no one gives them that chance, then how can they start?

Just take care of business, have (and refine) your plan, be ethical and honorable in your dealings, and never give up, but know when you should move on.

Cheers and good luck!

• If no one needs it, just give it to me :D. I will be very appreciated if I can get one of them :D

Looks like your website is offline @VPSRAIDSolutions