Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone interested in Cloudflare Railgun (only included in their $200 plan)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone interested in Cloudflare Railgun (only included in their $200 plan)

dnwkdnwk Member
edited October 2014 in Reviews

I signed up Cloudflare hosting partner program and it comes with free Railgun support. I test it the speed is much better. Anyone interested in testing it? PM me if you want me to host your site for free (plesk, no ads)

Comments

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

said: Just sign up Cloudflare hosting partner program and it comes with free Railgun support. I test it the speed is much better. Anyone interested in testing it?

If they are not really a host, CF will revoke their API.

• dnwkdnwk Member
    edited October 2014

@rsk said:
    If they are not really a host, CF will revoke their API.

I am... with only 2 clients( I design and manage the website for them). So I am trying to see if anyone want to put their website on my server. So in CF's eye, I have some traffic. I already have the API for about 6 months

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

said: Just sign up Cloudflare hosting partner program and it comes with free Railgun support.

I thought you were telling the guys to just signup to cloudflare's hosting partner program. But now I think you mean "I just signED up". :-)

• @rsk said:
    I thought you were telling the guys to just signup to cloudflare's hosting partner program. But now I think you mean "I just signED up". :-)

I have hosting partner API for 6 month. But just recently setup Railgun

• RalliasRallias Member
    edited October 2014

dnwk said: I am... with only 2 clients

Oh come on... really?

When I looked into their hosting provider crap on behalf of @BlueVM they said they required a minimum of something like 1000 shared hosting clients or something.

• dnwkdnwk Member
    edited October 2014

@Rallias said:
    When I looked into their hosting provider crap on behalf of BlueVM they said they required a minimum of something like 1000 shared hosting clients or something.

When I sign up, only my basic information is asked. Name, address, websites and they manually review those information. No further questions asked.

• @dnwk Are you limited by the number of servers with the API? Thinking maybe we should apply (design/dev/marketing agency) - but our client stuff is spread across a lot of different servers.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

They don't ask that with partner program. It's free, I got it when I had just a few clients.

• dnwkdnwk Member
    edited October 2014

@mikeyur said:
    dnwk Are you limited by the number of servers with the API? Thinking maybe we should apply (design/dev/marketing agency) - but our client stuff is spread across a lot of different servers.

You need to have cPanel/Plesk to use the API, There is no limitation. If your client is spread across lot of server should be fine. However, if you need to setup Railgun and those servers are located in different DC, it will be a problem. There need to be one Railgun server each DC.

• I have access to railgun as I am a provider. Although I've got it to work on less the issue is that they recommend 8GB RAM or more for a single railgun server. Thats a lot of ram and money for a server that is unlikely going to use loads of traffic.

• @rmlhhd said:
    I have access to railgun as I am a provider. Although I've got it to work on less the issue is that they recommend 8GB RAM or more for a single railgun server. Thats a lot of ram and money for a server that is unlikely going to use loads of traffic.

So I put Railgun on KVM with KSM. It only use what's necessary for the load