Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS and Webuzo, is it good?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS and Webuzo, is it good?

Hello,
I will be buying VPS server and my host is offering Webuzo along with it to manage my VPS.
I researched on this and it looks like its some kind of a LAMP stack.
Can anyone explain me, Has anyone used it before ?
I will be hosting my wordpress blog on it, is it a good

Comments

• Webuzo is a control panel like cPanel or Plesk. It has a free version and a paid version, the difference is the amount of apps that you can auto-install via the interface. You can install Wordpress by hand, i.e. upload the wordpress folder and create database etc like always, but with the paid version you can autoinstall a wordpress instance with one click. The free version lacks most of the good apps for autoinstall, but you can always install apps yourself the old way as mentioned in the previous sentence. What's also great with Webuzo is that is really customizable. The apps you can install/remove aren't just things like Wordpress or MediaWiki, but you can remove or add things like the LAMP stack with one click. You can (with the free version as well) just go on the menu, delete the LAMP stack and install the LEMP (Nginx server) stack instead. Many other stacks can be easily installed such as Ruby or Java.

Good luck.

Thanked by 1Sady
  • Deploying Wordpress on Webuzo is just a click away. Also it will allow you click install many other opensource, popular and free applications. Let me know if you require any assistance related to Webuzo. Pleased to asssit :)

• If your host is offering it, take it, it will make your life allot easier, you can also manage other things like emails and databases all from the interface, it's very useful.

• mkkmkk Member
    edited October 2014

I've been using Webuzo and after trying it out for a bit I bought a VPS license. Everything is super easy and straight-forward. The only issue I had with it is that it wasn't immediately obvious (to me) how to enable extra configuration for nginx to work with Wordpress pretty links. The installer should really should be made to take care of that, but it's an easy fix anyway. Info here

edit: I forgot to mention that if using Wordpress it is definitely worth to pay for a license instead of free option. In addition to updating WP itself, Webuzo can update plugins & themes making your websites that bit more secure and easy to manage.

• I even tried ampps but it requires desktop for which solution is to use NoMachine. Ampps has more scripts available. If you host is giving a license version of Webuzo then you can go with it. It is really very simple.