Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TigerVNC server applet error
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

TigerVNC server applet error

I have setupo vnc server in ip address but when i connect to myserverip:5802 the java applet returns this error "AccessControlException-access denied ("java.net.SocketPermission""myserverip:5902""connect,resolve")
Please help me how can i resolve this

Comments

• VereloxVerelox Member
    edited September 2014

I'm not really sure what's the cause but perhaps this might help? https://www.realvnc.com/pipermail/vnc-list/2002-March/029158.html

Are you running the applet within a web browser? If so, is it being
    served from a web server on the same box as the VNC server? If it is
    being served by a different remote machine (or even your local
    filesystem) your web browser will refuse to grant the Java applet
    permission to open a connection to any remote host except for the one
    which served the applet. This is one of the reasons it is common
    practice to serve the Java applet from port 5800 on the VNC server. You
    can grant the applet special permissions only if it is a signed applet.

Thanked by 1gihan
  • yep i found it and got it resolved can someone please tell me if my server ip is 23.45.67.67 and when i add a rule as 23.45.67.67 www.example.com or what ever to the host file to the convenience of me to easily access the server but it doesn't work when trying with the domain in the rule i add but it works with the ip example:23.45.67.67:5802 is working www.google.com:5802 is getting a timeout

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Do you use Cloudflare?

• @gihan said:
    yep i found it and got it resolved can someone please tell me if my server ip is 23.45.67.67 and when i add a rule as 23.45.67.67 www.example.com or what ever to the host file to the convenience of me to easily access the server but it doesn't work when trying with the domain in the rule i add but it works with the ip example:23.45.67.67:5802 is working www.google.com:5802 is getting a timeout

Are you setting the hosts entry on your local PC?

• gihangihan Member
    edited September 2014

@mikeg yep on my local pc not in the vps server