Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any alternatives to speedify
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any alternatives to speedify

Just wondered if anyone knows of any alternative ways or programs that do what speedify does. Or if anyone knows how to set it up on your own VPS with multiple home connections?

For those that don't know speedify bonds your connections allowing you to increase download / upload speeds (allegedly although I've not tried it). Looking for a free alternative I can setup on my vps for home use.

Comments

• HyperSpeedHyperSpeed Member
    edited September 2014

VPS at home? I was interested in this product mind, so I'd love to know alternatives just to see how it works because the pricing scale is hideous on Speedify.

I don't think you'd ever get a free alternative but maybe a cheaper... one with more realistic bandwidth usage.

• I tested Speedify with a trial account, when it works i get 85-90% of combined throughput on two adsl lines.

But the price is awful, $19 a month for 1 PC :|

• This reminds me of Connectify.

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • utama said: This reminds me of Connectify.

its owned by the same ppl lol.

i am a beta tester/user and still got personal server feature (use a vpn with there server installed instead of speed servers)

• TravTrav Member
    edited December 2014

As for Connectify, probably would be cheaper just to use this: http://virtualrouter.codeplex.com/

• @Trav said:
    As for Connectify, probably would be cheaper just to use this: http://virtualrouter.codeplex.com/

I'm pretty sure the people above referred to Connectify Dispatch which can combine multiple internet connections as the OP described.

• DalComp said: above referred to Connectify Dispatch

No they are refering to connectify Switchboard aka speedify.

Dispatch isnt bonding

• @TarZZ92 said:

Yeah, well, it's not the Hotspot feature either way, hence Virtual Router is not an alternative.

• TarZZ92 said: i am a beta tester/user and still got personal server feature (use a vpn with there server installed instead of speed servers)

Is this feature going to be released in future? I'd love to run my own speedify servers

• ciderocidero Member
    edited December 2014

The Viprinet hardware appliances look pretty similar. But I think they need the hardware appliance on both ends, on the client-side and in a datacenter somewhere. In Germany, Deutsche Telekom starts to sell its "Speedport Hybrid Router" to do bonding with DSL and 4G connections. This model as SaaS is interesting.

But really cool would be an open source solution of course... :) Shouldn't it be possible with Multipath TCP?

• Offtopic: I had a older version of Connectify, but after updating, I came to see that feaure, which was ones available in free version was gone in the updated one, Can not remember, version nos. A very basic (limited) alternative: mHotspot, not that gr8 maybe, but generally works.

• I have been looking around doing a similar search and I found a couple of apps claiming to do similar multi internet stuff.
    Multiconnect, happroxy, dispatch proxy and iNetFusion.
    I spend a whole day trying each one out during easter night(i didnt hv to do anything better) and the only one that worked was iNetFusion.
    Marginal speedup for browsing and complete domination for downloads would be my one line comment.
    Could anyone confirm this or is the app not used so widely yet?
    I am considering buying it after t I see some more backing from. Other users
    its available at www.clusterlinks.com

• Inetfusion does no channel-bonding, it just uses both Internet lines.
    What is does isn't worth the price you pay for it.

• netfusion does combine my 4g and home wifi with browsing and IDM downloads, Haven't tried it with bittorrent yet. I dnt care how they do it as long as both my internets are being used as per my needs

• @tr1cky said:
    Inetfusion does no channel-bonding, it just uses both Internet lines.
    What is does isn't worth the price you pay for it.

Something like a linksys LRT224 would do that, or you could build a Linux/BSD based router and configure it to do the same thing.

• @walterkane said:
    netfusion does combine my 4g and home wifi with browsing and IDM downloads, Haven't tried it with bittorrent yet. I dnt care how they do it as long as both my internets are being used as per my needs

Well, there are no costs involved for them, the program simply prioritises internet connections, there's no server involved that bonds the connections.
    Why would I pay a monthly fee for something like this?

• walterkanewalterkane Member
    edited April 2015

@tr1cky

Why should I care whether they stole the software from Microsoft or it doesn't cost them anything to make the app work(which can't be true in this century) , All I care about as a user is that it works!

I don't see a monthly fee tagged with it! or did I miss it somehow? I did see a yearly 10bucks to use it, Its just like any software license fee only cheaper, Plus it does work. I still remember dispatch, well i used the lite version and it gave me network problems,inaccessible wireless printer and stuff. DIspatch charged 30 bucks a year for using their app that did the same thing or atleast claimed to do so! Do you have any alternatives for doing the same thing in this price range?

>
    @dragon2611

bro linksys wont support every godforsaken usb dongle and portable device, plus carrying the hardware is a giveaway.

you just can't argue with the fact that none of the kitty bitty matters to a layman who just wants an app do what its supposed to do. I am average charlie and I paid for it, maybe thats the reason I am in its favor or maybe you should try it out yourself?

• dragon2611dragon2611 Member
    edited April 2015

@walterkane

There is no need to be rude, I was pointing out that other options exist for load-balancing and gave a couple examples one of which happened to be a hardware solution that may have been of interest to other people here if not yourself.

You are free to use whatever solution works best for you but that doesn't mean that other people don't want to know of alternate options.

• @dragon2611 said:
    walterkane

There is no need to be rude, I was pointing out that other options exist for load-balancing and gave a couple examples one of which happened to be a hardware solution that may have been of interest to other people here if not yourself.

You are free to use whatever solution works best for you but that doesn't mean that other people don't want to know of alternate options.

Hey Dragon, Apologies for my impulsive chatter. Lets just agree to disgree on this one :)

• @Trav said:

https://archive.codeplex.com/?p=virtualrouter shutdown 7/31/2021

• @LET_mejoin said:
    I tested Speedify with a trial account, when it works i get 85-90% of combined throughput on two adsl lines.

But the price is awful, $19 a month for 1 PC :|

I had hopes of using Speedify to combine a couple of hotspot cell phones... Nawh.

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

why the necromancy man