Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where to host 30 wordpress websites?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where to host 30 wordpress websites?

I have 30+ wordpress websites that I want to host at a cheap single place. Should I get a shared hosting that will allow me to host this many domains and databases OR should I get an unmnaged VPS and nginx the hell out of it?

I have also heard that some hosts allow mysql offloading? Since I will be using a lot of mysql, please suggest the best options one can have?

Comments

• For SQL Offloading use VPSDime

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

If you have 30+ Wordpress websites that are earning you money and you have not managed a VPS before, then you should stick with shared hosting.

Buy a VPS and run some smaller test websites on it. Learn the ropes before making the leap.

• @BrianHarrison said:
    If you have 30+ Wordpress websites that are earning you money and you have not managed a VPS before, then you should stick with shared hosting.

Buy a VPS and run some smaller test websites on it. Learn the ropes before making the leap.

I would recommend that, or you can PM me I can give you a deal on server management and possibly some CDN and GeoDNS

• nitrosrt10nitrosrt10 Member
    edited September 2014

I have managed many vps's before, I currently have two 256 openvz ramnode boxes dedicated to my two top earning blogs. I am only familiar with debian environment though.

• Shared Hosting will do just fine or even a reseller account

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Honestly I would go with a BuyVM Shared Hosting.

https://vpsboard.com/topic/3953-buyvmnet-shared-5year-resellers-200month-dedicated-ipv4-ssd-raid/

They include a dedicated IP too.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • 30 WP sites can be quite a drag on a shared account.
    Definately a VPS - this way you will not put your websites at risk of overloading / hitting resource limits / another user on that server overloading it.

• @iClickAndHost said:
    30 WP sites can be quite a drag on a shared account.
    Definately a VPS - this way you will not put your websites at risk of overloading / hitting resource limits / another user on that server overloading it.

What specs you recommend for the vps?

• 30 WP website is a lot and CPU can be the problems so you should chose cheap dedibox compared to VPS.

• 30 WP website is really not a big number if your traffic is not that large.

A cheap box should handle them well if you properly configured caching.

Ramnode, for example should be quite enough for such sites.

Or, if you really concern about CPU usage, try linode or vultr. They come with powerful CPU.

• @nitrosrt10 said:
    I have 30+ wordpress websites that I want to host at a cheap single place. Should I get a shared hosting that will allow me to host this many domains and databases OR should I get an unmnaged VPS and nginx the hell out of it?

I have also heard that some hosts allow mysql offloading? Since I will be using a lot of mysql, please suggest the best options one can have?

Sent a PM about this :)

• Would recommend a reseller account, stick each website on their own cPanel accounts. Most hosts now will use CloudLinux to limit resources on a per account basis, so sticking them all on a single shared account will soon see you hitting resource limits.

• I was also thinking of getting a reseller, anyways I got a bluevm reseller for my all 30 cute little wordpress babies.

• On shared hosting its better to host small, little traffic site.. Otherwise, you'll get suspended or throttled.. better use a ramnode/vpsdime/buyvm vps and manage on your own if you know it.

• 30 wordpress sites can just be hosted on your own cpanel vps with 2gb RAM.
    Of course saying you host 30 sites doesn't tell anybody here a lot.

• You forgot one big important factor: what's the traffic like?

• @nitrosrt10 said:
    What specs you recommend for the vps?

Not sure if i am allowed to PM you directly on that board.
    Specs would vary about the type of the websites. Are they 30 unified websites? E.g. a few pages per website, not large DBs, predominantly static content? Or are some of those large sites with heavy traffic? Give us more details, every estimate without details would be a shot in the dark.
    Either way our VPSs are scalable, so if your VPS is not powerfull enough to handle them you can upgrade the specs right away from within the control panel, or if it is too big and most if it is sitting unused you can downgrade to save yourself some $.

• I think it would be easiest on a reseller and placing each site on its own account. That way there is no confusion as to whats what!

• i have 50 low visit wordpresses (each around 13 000 articles in db), hosting it on shared hosting plan of instantcpanelhosting.com, this plan would cost you around $15/mo. contact IPCH support.