Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scammers ! Avoid SkylineNetworks Aka. Shivam
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Scammers ! Avoid SkylineNetworks Aka. Shivam

duyan13duyan13 Member
edited September 2014 in General

Hello guys,

I just want to warn the community about his business and himself. He bought off my Dedicated Server which I resold him a while back. I opened a thread about this and he agreed to pay 65$ per PayPal. Now today I have noticed that he opened a paypal dispute claiming this:

Hello,This wasn't for the full duration and the company didn't provide me with additional information about when it would be transferred but took over 3-4 days? i couldn't use it since they enabled ssh log in which didn't let me use the root password provided which meant someone else was using it.

They enabled ssh log so he can't use it ?
OVH told me that the have transferred the dedicated server so I don't think that they didn't provide him the server. I would say he is lying.

Pictures:

Anyway I've just uploaded some proofs, conversations between OVH so lets see how this is going.

Please avoid making any deal with that scammer, he might scam you as well.

User : http://lowendtalk.com/profile/89455/Shivam

EDIT:

Hostsavor> @Shivam said:

Fine by me, also i don't use OVH Servers for Skyline, i use OVH Servers for my other brand Hostsavor.

Guys please also avoid https://hostsavor.com/ (I guess it's you then ?) as I comes from the same user which is known as a scammer ! Thanks

Comments

• Yep looks dodgy, just reply to the dispute, with everything you have here, also give them the contact information for OVH, what he's trying to do is fraud by deception.

Where's he from? also report him to his local police.

• @Smir said:
    Yep looks dodgy, just reply to the dispute, with everything you have here, also give them the contact information for OVH, what he's trying to do is fraud by deception.

Where's he from? also report him to his local police.

Paypal says "his company" is located here:

Shivam Patel
    64 LONGTHORNTON ROAD
    NORBURY, London
    SW16 5QG
    Großbritannien

Some indian guy.

• I also just noticed that his paypal account is not even verified ! Seems very fishy lol...
    Never going to do any deals on LET anymore that's too risky ;)

• duyan13 said: I also just noticed that his paypal account is not even verified

not verified or not us verified...

• edited September 2014

< removed a stupid remark and warned the user >

@duyan13

Kindly note that he is not a verified , as such you can continue with the dispute with your current proofs although I'd suggest you not to perform such transactions because paypal doesn't guarentee seller protection for virtual goods ( in this case DS is an exception though its not physically shipped or anything )

I'm an Indian too , please take the person's character into consideration not the country .

Thanked by 2MikePT SwordfishBE
  • SmirSmir Member
    edited September 2014

Well you need to search the people/companys you sell to.. did you?

I'm verified... An I don't live in the US...

few reasons..
    He's a scammer..
    or he's new, and hasn't done any of the verifications.

• duyan13duyan13 Member
    edited September 2014

@TarZZ92 said:

He is not verified also not US verified. Totally forgot to check this out. So stupid from me gosh.

@VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    sometimes I kinda think why Indians like these spoil the name of their country -_- over a few $?? isn't worth it

duyan13

Kindly note that he is not a verified , as such you can continue with the dispute with your current proofs although I'd suggest you not to perform such transactions because paypal doesn't guarentee seller protection for virtual goods ( in this case DS is an exception though its not physically shipped or anything )

I'm an Indian too , please take the person's character into consideration not the country .

I know, I my friend is indian and I don't see any problem ? But it's a fact that the fraud rate is quite high in countrys like India, not just India also other countrys... THO it also was my fault not checking up that user first...

-> That shouldn't sound 'racist' in any way so I am sorry if you get it like that !

Anyway I will also try calling paypal later this day :)

Just be aware in case you deal with that user.

• Interested to hear a reply.

• Explain in the paypal dispute that it's a virtual item also along with the details of what happened.

Thanked by 1ndelaespada
  • He has actually done this before. I'm going to give him 24 hours to respond before he's being banned for scamming people.

• Don't blame Indians!
    Blame Indian immature kids!

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited September 2014

don't understand why a host with reputation on the line would do this...

• now you've learned a lesson. I always check the background with whom i am dealing with, if he is indian, no deal.

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited September 2014

A hosting provider scamming someone for a mere $60-70 is really, really sad.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited September 2014

Cleaned.
    Please return back to topic. For all the rest there's http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/4319/the-cest-pit

• @mpkossen said:

If he's done it before, shouldn't he have been banned then and not the second damn time?

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I am interested in this as well.

• maybe he thought people deserve a second chance ? @catalystium
    but as far as i can see that decision hasn't changed the person.

@duyan13 just felt a little offended thats it , most of us do not tend to be of thieving nature its because of a few we get insulted.

• alexhalexh Member
    edited September 2014

lelewku said: now you've learned a lesson. I always check the background with whom i am dealing with, if he is indian, no deal.

Is this your sole factor in determining whether or not you do business with somebody? I personally don't find this logical, but perhaps I misunderstood your post.

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited September 2014

@lelewku said:
    now you've learned a lesson. I always check the background with whom i am dealing with, if he is indian, no deal.

mtwiscool isn't indian ;)

or sz1

• @mpkossen kindly reply my message . There is some sort of misunderstanding here ?

• instatechinstatech Member
    edited September 2014

I warned LET users very first time he opened the talk.But again you guys dont listen to anyone and make your own decision i hope it will serve lesson to all LET users.

• @catalystium said:

These things are usually between two people and we/I have no part in them. However, if LET is being used as a tool to scam people, we/I will intervene.

• Racism is not tolerated here. Please stick of the topic at hand regardless of where someone is from, what that skin color is, or whatever.

Thanked by 1thsigit
  • @mpkossen said:
    These things are usually between two people and we/I have no part in them. However, if LET is being used as a tool to scam people, we/I will intervene.

His WP thread sure looked like self promotion with a 2nd account to me.

Thanked by 3Corey alexh xDragonZ
  • @wych said:
    His WP thread sure looked like self promotion with a 2nd account to me.

And that is why it is gone.

• @mpkossen said:
    And that is why it is gone.

Like magic... ;)

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • Loled so hard when I saw his avatar is skyline logo and someone suggested skyline hosting and he reply he will go for that hosting provider.