Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which is the best Clustering Software ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which is the best Clustering Software ?

BreezehostBreezehost Member
edited July 2012 in General

Hello,

Can you please suggest which is the best Open source clustering software so that we can done following thighs together like DNS Clustering,Mysql Clustering,Webserver Clustering, Load balancing. Kindly suggest me. I would be really appreciate for this.

Comments

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited July 2012

What do you mean clustering? That is as meaningful as cloud to me, but for HA I like LVS http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • @miTgiB Thanks for reply :) I want to clustering between two servers and will do following work together DNS Clustering,Mysql Clustering,Webserver Clustering, Load balancing.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

"Clustering" is pretty vague. High availability? Load balancing? Both?

DNS clustering is a function of DNS. You get both HA and LB.

MySQL clustering requires work at the MySQL level or failover at the OS level.

Webserver clustering really requires a load balancer, though a lot of people misuse DNS round robin for this point. DNS RR gets you LB - you need something else to get HA.

etc.

Thanked by 1jcaleb