Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1 year free pingdom
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1 year free pingdom

lawllawl Member
edited July 2012 in General

http://royal.pingdom.com/2012/07/03/4th-of-july-special/
enjoy

EDIT: It says only first 30 days are free when signing up. Sorry.
EDIT2: Nevermind, it's actually a full year.

Comments

• AsadAsad Member

Awesome, thanks!

• DamianDamian Member

Thanks!

• AsadAsad Member
    edited July 2012

@lawl said: EDIT: It says only first 30 days are free when signing up. Sorry.

From the account area.. it's a 30 day trial, but you won't be billed at the end of the trial. So it is for a whole year free :)

Your next renewal is 08/03/2012.

>

On that date you will be charged $0.00 ($0.00 + VAT) for the Basic Subscription plan.

• lawllawl Member

@AsadHaider
    Awesome, signed up.

• KairusKairus Member

Cool! Too bad I woudn't have much use for the service, won't get one and let it sit there doing nothing :P.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Too bad I already got 1 year bussiness pre-paid for.. And I am using only 9 checks -.-

• Why do people use Pingdom? Doesn't it have the same functionality as UptimeRobot but isn't free?

Thanks for the coupon :)

• martip07martip07 Member
    edited July 2012

I can confirm it is free:

http://dojogeek.com/pingdom.png

• I already got a year from the easter, still using it

• yomeroyomero Member

@gsrdgrdghd said: Why do people use Pingdom? Doesn't it have the same functionality as UptimeRobot but isn't free?

I try to use more than one service, because the false positives...

• TaylorTaylor Member

@LiquidHost said: And I am using only 9 checks

I'm only using 3. O_O

• @Taylor said: I'm only using 3. O_O

I'm only using 2, Boom!

• NightNight Member

Missed out on the Easter one, so this is great!

• jhjh Member

Just picked one up, thanks!

• PIcked one up for the lulz, using uptimerobot as of yesterday. this will be a good alternative? :']

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member

It says you will be billed after August 2nd 2012.

Is it a typo or what?

• lawllawl Member

@martip07
    If you select paypal you don't need to enter any payment info :)

@HC_Ro
    As far as i understood you will be billed with $0.00. Their system can probably only handle 30 day free accounts. So they make the invoices $0.00 for a year.

• @lawl I had to do it, cuz i tried with redit card and it didnt work, error page.

second tiem i tryied with paypal and it worked :D, good part is that they didn't ask me for paypal details

• u4iau4ia Member

Pass.
    While it's a nice offer and all, there is no way I am paying $120/yr for a monitoring service, so after the free year is up I would be cancelling it anyway.

• @u4ia said: Pass.

While it's a nice offer and all, there is no way I am paying $120/yr for a monitoring service, so after the free year is up I would be cancelling it anyway.

Of course we will cancel it after a year haha ^^

• It though it was clear teh part of cancel the service xD

• tommytommy Member

pick one thanks for info :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Sweet deal, thanks for the share. I don't catch deals like this because every time I look at monitoring services I laugh at their prices. Uptime robot is the only one I ever really use aside from my own solutions.

• vedranvedran Veteran

@jarland said: I don't catch deals like this because every time I look at monitoring services I laugh at their prices

But you get 20(?) free SMS alerts and you can buy more at the price of $0.5/SMS ...

Thanked by 1jar

But you get 20(?) free SMS alerts and you can buy more at the price of $0.5/SMS ...

Hmm, maybe better deal than I thought. I mean I charge my clients $0.75 per e-mail and that's just to break even after my generous $69.95/m hosting.

Thanked by 1Surge
  • @jarland said: my generous $69.95/m hosting.

wat. I feel like I"m missing something? What kind of hosting do they have? Sounds pretty expensive

@HalfEatenPie I offer 500mb storage, 1GB bandwidth, free email redirects to yahoo, 1 flat file database, and subdomains for $2/m each. All for only $69.95!

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Cool , got one since I wasn't able to for the business one at Easter. Thanks to the heads up

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited July 2012

Is anyone else getting spam from Pingdom after they signed up for the free year? I just got this...

support@pingdom.com wrote:
    Hi xxx,

>

I just wanted to see how things are going with your Pingdom account. Is everything working to your satisfaction?

>

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

>

Best regards,