Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ispCP Omega Beta
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ispCP Omega Beta

XeoncrossXeoncross Member
edited October 2011 in General

I was just checking out the new PHP projects this morning when I found this ISP control panel. They have a repository setup so you can get the latest copy.

Comments

• As always with these control panels, I can't find (easily), the software requirements (PHP? a particular webserver?) to run them, or at least some good tutorial (e.g. I hear about Nginx+Cpanel, but no clue about how to setup that).

• XeoncrossXeoncross Member
    edited October 2011

nginx is very easy to setup just like Apache. I use both each day and there isn't much to getting a basic vhost file setup. It's either in /etc/nginx/sites-available or /etc/apache2/sites-available. From then on you just use the server-specific stuff to set it up.

Apache 2

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName domain.tld
        ServerAdmin [email protected]
        DocumentRoot /var/www/domain.tld/

# mod_rewrite rules
        RewriteEngine on
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
        RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php/$1 [QSA,L]
    </VirtualHost>

Nginx

server
    {
        listen 80;
        server_name domain.tld;
        root   /home/user/www/domain.tld;

# Route all requests for non-existent files to index.php
        if (!-e $request_filename) {
            rewrite ^/(.*)$ /index.php/$1 last;
        }

# Pass PHP scripts to php-fastcgi listening on port 9000
        location ~ \.php {
            include fastcgi_params;
            fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9000;
        }

}

• I played a bit with ispcp, it's not bad but it somehow looks unfinished.

I believe it needs Apache and a lot of other things. It has an auto-install script which installs everything needed, but it will eat a lot of RAM.

• vedran said: it will eat a lot of RAM

Which is why I never bothered to build a VPS admin center. It just didn't make any sense to allow something like that when the command line works so well.

• That was for me @Xeoncross? I mean, I know how to use apache and nginx, and so, but I wonder if this panels will work with that webservers. As vedran says, probably is just for apache u_u

For me, I just found one panel for nginx http://www.froxlor.org/

• cPanel works with nginx (but proxies php/etc to apache most of the time) if you use one of the plugins that add nginx support.

• Looks nice, but TBH I still rely on DA for my email, but custom setup for everything else.

• CPanel (And direct admin come to think about it) is a bitch with Nginx. Nginx assumes that you're going to have access to config files. On a CPanel/DA setup, endusers don't have that kind of access.

• yomero said: For me, I just found one panel for nginx http://www.froxlor.org/

agree.. especially when using it in debian box. :D

but i'm still having problem with the fpm configuration. mind to share your config to me? :P

• I just have a froxlor setup, and I don't have FPM on it, normal fast cgi I guess.

I have some bugs with some extra configs that froxlor generates for nginx about permissions for some directories o_O and then the server can't reload u_u